SpursNetwork

Soldado: going, going....

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Soldado: going, going....
« on: August 13, 2015, 04:57:26 PM »
It seems Lamela has let the cat out of the bag prematurely. He posted a tweet saying good bye to his friend Soldado before any official announcement was made (he had to quickly remove the tweet). Soldado is off to Villarreal in Spain.

The 30-year-old has scored just seven Premier League goals since making the £26 million move to White Hart Lane in 2013. Even though he didn’t score that many goals he was still a fans favourite. I liked him. I thought he was a Greaves type player who was great around the box, unfortunately his managers at White Hart Lane preferred him to get more involved in other parts of the pitch, which affected his goal scoring abilities. I hope he has better luck with Villarreal.

Spurs still hope to get rid of other players.

Emmanuel Adebayor, Pochettino said today, was not in his plans, hasn’t been given a squad number and can only train with the youth squad. Aston Villa wanted him but he has refused to go that far and wants to join a London club only. The problem with Adebayor is that he is a mercenary and would be quite happy to sit in the lower regions of Spurs football just collecting his £100,000 grand a week pay-cheque.
Lennon could be another one going soon; he wasn’t given a squad number. He is currently the longest serving Spurs player.
Fazio is wanted by other clubs it is believed. So if we can get rid of those players then it could see others join us.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Spursx

Re: Soldado: going, going....
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 07:24:12 PM »
Glad he is going or gone, and make way for somebody that actually scores goals. Voice, he is a professional and should go where he is told (position) and perform to his best ability. Don't forget that he is 30 so has experience behind him. I do agree that there are certain players that can work in this country and adapt to their new surroundings, while others struggle. He obviously struggled and now he is gone. A lesson to other players that join our Premier league and think they are on an easy ride and payday.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 07:16:42 AM »
Soldado may well be liked at the club, but we've had "nice personalities" who haven't contributed much, before. After all it's just business and let's face it, he hasn't performed. Time to move on. He and Lamela can chat on Skype or Facebook, I'm sure.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 04:58:29 PM »
Soldado may well be liked at the club, but we've had "nice personalities" who haven't contributed much, before. After all it's just business and let's face it, he hasn't performed. Time to move on. He and Lamela can chat on Skype or Facebook, I'm sure.

I agree with you and the club and its ambitions should be put before any individual, but that doesn't stop one liking a certain player... even failed one.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 05:44:21 PM »
It has just been confirmed that he has signed a 3 year deal with his new club. Good luck to him.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 09:55:01 AM »
Rumours have been circulating since the end of last season that Soldado would go. It wasn't easy on the fans and club that he didn't score more goals and it can't have been easy for him. But Spurs priority is getting a goal scorer that can score a lot of goals and Soldado wasn't doing it. I do accept the reasons that our system wasn't to his liking, but that happens from time to time.

Jane x

Offline Don

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 01:40:13 PM »
Howdy,

I thought Soldado would have done well here, he had experience, and a good goalscoring record. It is hard to say sometimes why such professionals can't make it in another league or a different style. I've seen some great potentials come and then go as failures at Tottenham. But I suppose that is the nature of the spirit. Managers do their best to get what they can out of the player and I am sure the three managers he has had at this club all tried their best. But if three managers failed then he wasn't going to fit in. A likeable person, but it is his goal scoring record that must top everything else. Let us hope we have better luck with his replacement.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 08:31:15 PM »
Today he mentioned that her had lost his confidence, so point in staying. I bet he will do well at Villareal!

Good luck!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 04:13:06 PM »
Today he mentioned that her had lost his confidence, so point in staying. I bet he will do well at Villareal!

Good luck!

He tried to kick a ball into the crowd twice and missed, so not a great start for him so far.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do