SpursNetwork

Summer Transfer Window

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Summer Transfer Window
« on: April 21, 2015, 11:11:02 AM »
Just read the below article. If there's any truth to it, then a step in the right direction I would say.

According to reports from The Evening Standard this morning, Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is plotting an eight-man cull for the summer transfer window.

Despite already overseeing two transfer windows at White Hart Lane, the Argentine is yet to put his stamp on a team he inherited from Tim Sherwood and Andre Villas-Boas, instead turning to the club’s youth system to refresh Spurs’ starting Xi.

And having now had a whole season in north London to formulate his opinions, Pochettino is ready to decide who has and who hasn’t made the grade.

According to The Standard, the eight players set for the chop are; Vlad Chiriches, Younes Kaboul, Etienne Capoue, Paulinho, Mousa Dembele, Aaron Lennon, Roberto Soldado and Emmanuel Adebayor – four of which were signed by the Lilywhites in the same transfer window, amid Gareth Bale’s record-breaking departure to Real Madrid, in summer 2013.

The Standard also claim the Tottenham gaffer is targeting improvements in three positions – wide forward, central midfield and central defence.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Summer Transfer Window
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 03:40:57 PM »
Just read the below article. If there's any truth to it, then a step in the right direction I would say.

According to reports from The Evening Standard this morning, Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is plotting an eight-man cull for the summer transfer window.

Despite already overseeing two transfer windows at White Hart Lane, the Argentine is yet to put his stamp on a team he inherited from Tim Sherwood and Andre Villas-Boas, instead turning to the club’s youth system to refresh Spurs’ starting Xi.

And having now had a whole season in north London to formulate his opinions, Pochettino is ready to decide who has and who hasn’t made the grade.

According to The Standard, the eight players set for the chop are; Vlad Chiriches, Younes Kaboul, Etienne Capoue, Paulinho, Mousa Dembele, Aaron Lennon, Roberto Soldado and Emmanuel Adebayor – four of which were signed by the Lilywhites in the same transfer window, amid Gareth Bale’s record-breaking departure to Real Madrid, in summer 2013.

The Standard also claim the Tottenham gaffer is targeting improvements in three positions – wide forward, central midfield and central defence.

Out of all those players I would still like to see Mousa Dembele kept as a squad players. The rest I would agree with.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Spursx

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 05:15:14 PM »
I agree that those players mentioned should leave he club. New players coming in with a mixture of youth, experienced and current crop of players could see something good next season.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 05:23:42 PM »
I would definitely keep Dembélé and maybe even Lennon.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 03:47:14 PM »
I would definitely keep Dembélé and maybe even Lennon.

I am not sure on Lennon. I do like him and I like the way he plays but is he past his best? Obviously Pochettino thinks so.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 07:17:26 AM »
My personal assessment.

Lloris - If he wants to stay, keep him. Should he want to leave for a team playing in the CL, he's definitely worth it.
Vorm - A decent back-up.
Friedel - Will probably retire.

Walker - Still our first choice RB, has been marginally better than last year, but seems awfully injury-prone.
Rose - Has improved a lot, has become more effective attacking-wise, his defending is still questionable, though. Nevertheless, worthy of a starting place.
Kaboul - Has been out of the picture for most of the season. Sell/Release.
Vertonghen - Hasn't performed consistently for a couple of seasons. Should be allowed to leave for the right price.
Chiriches - Championship defender on his good day. Sell.
Dier - One for the future, but needs a solid companion.
Davies - Has struggled with fitness and form, but should be given one more season to prove himself.
Fazio - When we consider the fact he was supposed to be an improvement on Dawson, I wish this deal had never happened.
Yedlin - Probably only brought in for marketing purposes. Seems quick, but that's about it. I can't see him becoming a Premier League footballer.

Paulinho - Has been okay in his recent substitute appearances, but the manager doesn't seem to rate him. Had a crap last season, a crap World Cup and hasn't really picked himself up. I can see him moving back to Brazil.
Lamela - Can come up with a flash every once in a while, but after his two seasons I can't see him succeeding in the Premier League. Sell.
Townsend - Plays well enough for England, but too inconsistent on club level. Keep as a back-up or sell to a mid-table club.
Dembélé - Good in possession and strong. For some reason the manager doesn't seem to rate him. I would keep him, but I fear he will be sold.
Chadli - Scores quite a few, but tends to go missing a lot as well. Still, a good squad player.
Eriksen - Form is temporary, but class is permanent? Has looked very tired for some time now. One of the best players at the club, still.
Capoue - Has been out of the picture for most of the season. Sell/Release.
Mason - Has faded badly, but considering it's his first season in the Premier League, it's understandable. A good squad player.
Bentaleb - A bright talent, but has also faded. The inexperience of the Mason/Bentaleb partnership has been pretty evident for some time now. Obviously should be kept, but not overused that much.
Stambouli - Seems he was only brought in as a back-up. He will probably never be anything more to us. I wouldn't be upset if he was sold.

Soldado - At times horribly painful to watch. Sell.
Adebayor - Has been out of the picture for most of the season. Sell/Release.
Kane - No comment needed.

Archer - Can take Friedel's spot.
Lennon - I would like to see him at Spurs, but he'll probably leave for Everton.
Holtby - The manager doesn't seem to rate him, otherwise he'd be with us. I would like to see him at the Lane, but he'll probably move back to Bundesliga.
Carroll - I don't think he'll get a chance at Spurs. Sell.
Pritchard - Has been great for Brentford and merits a squad place for the next season.
Alli - I'm not sure if he's ready for Premier League yet, but I haven't really seen him play. Maybe another season in the lower leagues?

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 04:23:46 PM »
My personal assessment.

Lloris - If he wants to stay, keep him. Should he want to leave for a team playing in the CL, he's definitely worth it.
Vorm - A decent back-up.
Friedel - Will probably retire.

Walker - Still our first choice RB, has been marginally better than last year, but seems awfully injury-prone.
Rose - Has improved a lot, has become more effective attacking-wise, his defending is still questionable, though. Nevertheless, worthy of a starting place.
Kaboul - Has been out of the picture for most of the season. Sell/Release.
Vertonghen - Hasn't performed consistently for a couple of seasons. Should be allowed to leave for the right price.
Chiriches - Championship defender on his good day. Sell.
Dier - One for the future, but needs a solid companion.
Davies - Has struggled with fitness and form, but should be given one more season to prove himself.
Fazio - When we consider the fact he was supposed to be an improvement on Dawson, I wish this deal had never happened.
Yedlin - Probably only brought in for marketing purposes. Seems quick, but that's about it. I can't see him becoming a Premier League footballer.

Paulinho - Has been okay in his recent substitute appearances, but the manager doesn't seem to rate him. Had a crap last season, a crap World Cup and hasn't really picked himself up. I can see him moving back to Brazil.
Lamela - Can come up with a flash every once in a while, but after his two seasons I can't see him succeeding in the Premier League. Sell.
Townsend - Plays well enough for England, but too inconsistent on club level. Keep as a back-up or sell to a mid-table club.
Dembélé - Good in possession and strong. For some reason the manager doesn't seem to rate him. I would keep him, but I fear he will be sold.
Chadli - Scores quite a few, but tends to go missing a lot as well. Still, a good squad player.
Eriksen - Form is temporary, but class is permanent? Has looked very tired for some time now. One of the best players at the club, still.
Capoue - Has been out of the picture for most of the season. Sell/Release.
Mason - Has faded badly, but considering it's his first season in the Premier League, it's understandable. A good squad player.
Bentaleb - A bright talent, but has also faded. The inexperience of the Mason/Bentaleb partnership has been pretty evident for some time now. Obviously should be kept, but not overused that much.
Stambouli - Seems he was only brought in as a back-up. He will probably never be anything more to us. I wouldn't be upset if he was sold.

Soldado - At times horribly painful to watch. Sell.
Adebayor - Has been out of the picture for most of the season. Sell/Release.
Kane - No comment needed.

Archer - Can take Friedel's spot.
Lennon - I would like to see him at Spurs, but he'll probably leave for Everton.
Holtby - The manager doesn't seem to rate him, otherwise he'd be with us. I would like to see him at the Lane, but he'll probably move back to Bundesliga.
Carroll - I don't think he'll get a chance at Spurs. Sell.
Pritchard - Has been great for Brentford and merits a squad place for the next season.
Alli - I'm not sure if he's ready for Premier League yet, but I haven't really seen him play. Maybe another season in the lower leagues?

Pretty good assessment of our predicament I would say. Good luck Poch !!

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 09:12:33 AM »
I see the British Media are already transferring Kane to Manchester United.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 10:35:27 AM »
From the official site about the AIA Cup squad: "Younes Kaboul, Vlad Chiriches and Paulinho have been given permission to remain at the Training Centre, while Emmanuel Adebayor and Etienne Capoue have been granted leave to return home for family reasons." I'd say they are all moving out. No surprises there, I guess.

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 07:36:59 AM »
Whoever stays or goes pochittino must be allowed to bring in the players HE  wants and not put up with levy`s interference.I honestly think he will do well for us IF he`s left alone.My worry is that levy will continue to interfere and poch will walk.
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2015, 04:25:55 PM »
Whoever stays or goes pochittino must be allowed to bring in the players HE  wants and not put up with levy`s interference.I honestly think he will do well for us IF he`s left alone.My worry is that levy will continue to interfere and poch will walk.

Pochettino is an ambitious  manager and wants to win things. I am sure Levy knows that and if he wants to keep his manager he must match that ambition. The question is can Levy afford to let another manager go?
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 07:30:25 PM »
Well, Jordan Archer was released today (along with Cristian Ceballos and Bongani Khumalo). I thought he was considered to be worth at least a back-up spot.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 03:47:01 PM »
Well, Jordan Archer was released today (along with Cristian Ceballos and Bongani Khumalo). I thought he was considered to be worth at least a back-up spot.

They say that for everyone that gets through there are about 5 more that fail.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 04:41:25 PM »
Well its been announced on skysports that Spurs have opened talks with Monaco over the transfer of Anthony Martial a 19 year old striker, it sounds good but I have never heard of him, his stats are not brilliant and it seems to me to be another gamble!, they say he has pace and played a champions league match against Ars*nal and terrorized their defense so maybe it will be OK :grin:
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2015, 12:04:17 PM »
Another player that levy`s hoping to sell on at a profit in years to come
If your not spurs you`re dead to me