SpursNetwork

Bulk email.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Bulk email.
« on: December 03, 2012, 09:27:40 PM »
I just read a comment from another forum member who said we have over 1,000 supporters (of course I could have found out this information myself if I looked further afield... but bless, I didn't :lol:). Anyway, my point is that this forum should have and facilities to send out Bulk Emails (I run my own forum (not football) so I know how it works).

A lot of members joined but then move away and lose the address of this forum. Sending out Bulk Emails with the link will remind old members about this forum. Also; you could mention things that are currently being discussed to wet peoples appetite.

Forums can only work with a lot of members on it with a variety of views or it will die. So Admin how about sending out a Bulk Email, and may I suggest that you do it at regular intervals. Just a suggestion. I think this is a good forum with good members (even those that have a go at me; as variety is the spice of life). I wouldn't like to see it die because of a lack of variety and not enough people.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Bulk email.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 06:18:38 AM »
I just read a comment from another forum member who said we have over 1,000 supporters (of course I could have found out this information myself if I looked further afield... but bless, I didn't :lol: ). Anyway, my point is that this forum should have and facilities to send out Bulk Emails (I run my own forum (not football) so I know how it works).

A lot of members joined but then move away and lose the address of this forum. Sending out Bulk Emails with the link will remind old members about this forum. Also; you could mention things that are currently being discussed to wet peoples appetite.

Forums can only work with a lot of members on it with a variety of views or it will die. So Admin how about sending out a Bulk Email, and may I suggest that you do it at regular intervals. Just a suggestion. I think this is a good forum with good members (even those that have a go at me; as variety is the spice of life). I wouldn't like to see it die because of a lack of variety and not enough people.
You mean like a newsletter? The problem is that many members have moved on, some have busy jobs and families, some have gone for another reasons. But, let's see what Biggs thinks about this idea.

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 08:50:51 AM »
I too would like to see more members add to the posts as at the moment I think
most of us know which end of the pitch we play at.
In a previous post I wondered what had happened to Southend Yid and the prediction league he ran last season and previous seasons.

This to me was a bit of fun and also think other forum members would enjoy the slight competitive
edge that some have in predicting our results.
Also when you participate in this sort of thing you tend to visit a forum more often.
Obviously with the end of the year steaming towards us at an alarming rate the season
will soon be at half way mark.
It shouldn't be that difficult to set up (even for me) and I would be happy to set it up if there is
agreement and Southend Yid can resume control of it when he returns to the forum.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 04:36:27 PM »
You mean like a newsletter?
Yes, could be, but make sure you put your link on otherwise it would be a wasted move.

The problem is that many members have moved on, some have busy jobs and families, some have gone for another reasons.

You don't actually know that and are surmising here. You have a few thousand members so you can’t say that unless you know them all personally. I know from my own experience that putting out a bulk email has brought back members that had either forgotten or lost our link.
But, let's see what Biggs thinks about this idea.
What do you mean “Let’s see what Biggs thinks….”? Unless he doesn’t give a s**t about this forum or has no interest in seeing older members back then I can’t see any reasons why he wouldn’t go for it. Unless he has suddenly become an Ars*nal fan or morphed into a destructor of this forum? I take it he is none of these things so will jump at it. I am sure he will love the idea to bring back old members (unless he has killed 'em, himself, personally? ;)).
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 04:38:14 PM »
I too would like to see more members add to the posts as at the moment I think
most of us know which end of the pitch we play at.
In a previous post I wondered what had happened to Southend Yid and the prediction league he ran last season and previous seasons.

This to me was a bit of fun and also think other forum members would enjoy the slight competitive
edge that some have in predicting our results.
Also when you participate in this sort of thing you tend to visit a forum more often.
Obviously with the end of the year steaming towards us at an alarming rate the season
will soon be at half way mark.
It shouldn't be that difficult to set up (even for me) and I would be happy to set it up if there is
agreement and Southend Yid can resume control of it when he returns to the forum.
It wouldn't be hard to set up or come up with good wording to bring the members back. I am sure we can all chip in and help.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 09:02:55 PM »
But, let's see what Biggs thinks about this idea.
What do you mean “Let’s see what Biggs thinks….”? Unless he doesn’t give a s**t about this forum or has no interest in seeing older members back then I can’t see any reasons why he wouldn’t go for it. Unless he has suddenly become an Ars*nal fan or morphed into a destructor of this forum? I take it he is none of these things so will jump at it. I am sure he will love the idea to bring back old members (unless he has killed 'em, himself, personally? ;) ).

Have some respect for Biggs! He's the main man here and contributes as much as his job allows him to. I too would like to get some old guard around, but this probably means we'd have to make a change or two. Firstly, we must get rid of repetitive posts (à la AVB out) and personal bitchings.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 09:11:44 PM »
Have some respect for Biggs! He's the main man here and contributes as much as his job allows him to.
Oh, I do. What I said was tongue-in-cheek, unless you are telling me he doesn’t have a sense of humour… not Ars*nal is he?

I too would like to get some old guard around, but this probably means we'd have to make a change or two. Firstly, we must get rid of repetitive posts (à la AVB out) and personal bitchings.
Personal “bitchings” and repetitive posts are part and parcel of forum life. Being too strict could frighten people off. Bitching is ok, providing nobody takes it seriously. I’ve been attacked a few times but I take it with a pinch of salt. Anything more serious then I am sure your good self or one of the other capable guardians of this forum would step in to calm things down or remove if necessary.
I have found the members on here very good on the whole; and give friendly comebacks. Even though ribbing can be taken many ways. Life is too short to get too worked up. Just say your piece and move on is my philosophy. Unless it is necessary to hire a hit man or two. :D ;) :lol:
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 06:54:44 PM »
Every live feed that goes up, i send a bulk email up for it.

News letter is a good idea, but the thing is i do not have the time to right a newsletter.

if people are willing to contribute to help the site grow i am more than happy to have them on the team.

The front page news gets featured on NewsNow, and when we used to have a article a day on there, the site was buzzing because News Now Genrates so much traffic.

But that was back when 3 of us where running things, now it's only me...and i just don't have the tme at the moment.

But if anybody is willing to help and help the site grow, im more than happy to have you on board

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 08:48:13 PM »
I have been and am a Forum Admin and also had been Mod on various forums. I am quite happy to offer my services. I think this is a good site and I've enjoyed myself here and have found the other members - with their different views etc - stimulating and a joy to read.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do