SpursNetwork

Signing new contracts, new stadium and future direction of this club.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
I read today that Christian Eriksen will sign a new 4 year contract, but only if Pochettino signs as well. But he (Pochettino) won’t sign – according to the papers – unless he is promised that the new Stadium won’t force him to sell his best players (as Ars*nal had to do). In addition, he wants his backroom staff to get a pay raise as well.

Spurs have been waiting a long time to get a new manager and we can’t lose him or even the good squad he has built here. We have a young squad that can challenge for top honours, but not if he has to sell his best players.
I understand the difficulty that Daniel Levy will face (high wages and new stadium) but at the same time, he needs a top four finish if he wishes to fill the 61,000-seater stadium.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Spursx

Re: Signing new contracts, new stadium and future direction of this club.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 06:25:56 PM »
If Poch and the other players don't sign then we will be back to square one. After all those years of praying for success let us not fall at the first hurdle. We've got something special here and we must keep it.

Offline yidmafioso

• Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 10:21:08 PM »
As I write this poch has agreed a new 5 year deal.The future looks good chaps :up:
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
As I write this poch has agreed a new 5 year deal.The future looks good chaps :up:

He actually hasn't signed it yet, tomorrow he will. I also read that Lloris will sign a new 5 year contract, all on the strength of Pochettino signing, the same with a few other players. If we can keep the team and also build upon it then we are good enough to challenge next reason.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 12:50:06 PM »
Poch has come out and said that thanks to Levy, Spurs are no longer a selling club. With the new stadium, all key players given new and improved contracts, at last I feel the club are moving in the right direction...upwards