SpursNetwork

Spurs 5 Leicester City 4

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Spurs 5 Leicester City 4
« on: May 15, 2018, 04:00:30 PM »
Spurs 5 Leicester City 4 Final game of the season 2017/18

What a day it was yesterday. Let us start at the beginning.

Whatever happened on Sunday we were in the European Champions League. However, we had a chance to cement third place if we won (by whatever score). Not to do so and Liverpool wins then we would fall into fourth spot. Also; if Liverpool lost and Chelsea won then they would swap positions.

The day started early for me. I left my house at 9.30 am, got to Ruislip at 11 am and then left my car at my cousins and took a bus and Tube to Wembley. Once there I went to Tottenham’s hospitality lounge, had a good meal, chat about possible outcomes and then made my way to my seat (I was in the hospitality lounge 2 hrs & 30 minutes).

Before the match the person next to me pointed out Glasgow Rangers result (it ended 5-5). We waited with anticipation for the game to start. They scored first, we equalised, then they went 3-1 up and some thought that that was it. I did think we could score more goals, but by how much was the question. Pochettino’s formation was different and interesting.

Then the fightback came and we got goals, eventually taking it to 4-4. Then Kane scored and I remember saying to my seat-neighbour that this could end as the Glasgow Rangers match did. Our hearts were jumping all over the place. Mixed emotions were here, there and everywhere. Finally, the whistle blew, and we were relieved. God! What an intense game.
We took a breath as the players marched off and then waited in our seats for them to come out again and do their lap of honour.

After the match I went back to the hospitality area and had a few teas, chatted for the last time, at least for this season and then made my way home. Done deal. We were fourth. The end of a strange and unusual season.

THE MATCH

Mauricio Pochettino said it is a "very exciting moment" for the club after they ended the season by winning a sensational nine-goal thriller against Leicester to clinch third place in the Premier League. We trailed 3-1 after 47 minutes, scored three goals in 11 minutes to lead 4-3, only to be pegged back to 4-4 before Harry Kane curled in a 76th-minute winner.

The game was our last at Wembley before they return to the redeveloped White Hart Lane next season.

"It was a fantastic season to finish third and guarantee the Champions League next season," Pochettino told Match of the Day.
"With the move to the new stadium, it is a very exciting moment for this football club.

"It means a lot for the club, the players and the fans."
Kane's winner was his second goal of the game, after he levelled following Jamie Vardy's opener, and takes him to 30 Premier League goals in a season for the first time.
We were 2-1 behind at half-time after Riyad Mahrez had added to Vardy's early header and three minutes after the break Kelechi Iheanacho smashed into the top corner from distance to give Leicester a two-goal cushion. We responded with three quick-fire goals, two for Erik Lamela and an own goal from Christian Fuchs.

In a remarkable second half, Vardy then drew Leicester level with his side's fourth of the afternoon, smashing into the roof of the net after a trademark run in behind the defence. However it was Vardy's international team-mate Kane who had the final say with his effort from the edge of the penalty area, meaning Leicester finished the season ninth.

So that is that and we start all over again in season 2018/19 and a new beginning with it.

For Spurs to be able to get a good season in the Champions League we need new players; some will go, new ones come in and then hopefully we might be more successful in the Trophy department. Fans are paying a great deal for their season's tickets so expect more and will demand more. They – the fans – may moan about prices, but will end up accepting it if there is success and continuation of a top-four spot. Falling below the line will cause unrest and protests.

We all want success, how we get it is down to Levy and Pochettino… not to get it then the fireworks will come, plus probably half-filled stadium.

To next season my friends. Next stop is holidays, summer, World Cup, friendlies, transfer windows, purchases and goodbyes… then on to the new season with two Test-matches (for the new stadium) and then we begin all over again (this time with the hope of winning some silverware).
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Spurs 5 Leicester City 4
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 10:34:56 PM »
Hi Voice,

Delighted to see you posting on this Forum again, but if it id still open how  many of us are still aware and if not how do we rally everyone around

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 04:13:24 PM »
Hi,

We start off posting, even if it is debating between us and hopefully more will join us. Keep your eyes glued and hope others will join us. I shall continue writing articles, as I've been doing.

I am also willing to write article or whatever if that helps (this forum). I do that on my own Spurs Facebook page and Twitter page. This forum has great potential.

I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 10:35:55 PM »

This is good news.

What happened to the Forum and why did it close. Are you now the admin for it and If so are you able to update the photos etc. ?

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 04:34:20 PM »
No, I am just a humble member, like your goodself.

I believe it closed because of technical problems.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 03:53:18 PM »
Hi fellow yiddites, pleased to see the forum is up and running again.

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 09:28:09 PM »
Any of the admin people reachable?

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 05:37:19 PM »
Any of the admin people reachable?

I haven't tried, however, I am sure they are watching us in case we do something we shouldn't. I suppose you could always PM them.

I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 10:53:01 PM »
I don't remember who they are, but if they are watching, it would be good if they joined in and get this forum going again.

This s eason has been one of our best, new stadium coming up, Poch & Kane signing new contracts to be followed by others soon. Loads to discuss!

Hey! we even have 5 players in the England squad! How impressive is that?

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 11:02:54 PM »
This  is my dog "Dollar" who passed away recently from cancer at the age of 9. Real Spurs dog with a proper Spurs collar bought from the shop at the Lane a few years ago. Loved sitting alongside me watching Spurs  games on TV.  Miss him terribly!

:(

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 04:02:18 PM »
This  is my dog "Dollar" who passed away recently from cancer at the age of 9. Real Spurs dog with a proper Spurs collar bought from the shop at the Lane a few years ago. Loved sitting alongside me watching Spurs  games on TV.  Miss him terribly!

:(

Sorry to hear about your dog. I lost mine ten years ago. I have another one now, so I know how you feel.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 04:03:33 PM »
Hi,

We start off posting, even if it is debating between us and hopefully more will join us. Keep your eyes glued and hope others will join us. I shall continue writing articles, as I've been doing.

I am also willing to write article or whatever if that helps (this forum). I do that on my own Spurs Facebook page and Twitter page. This forum has great potential.

I also have a Facebook page and twitter account (for Spurs) and do the articles. So I am also willing to help out this forum. For the time being we've got two of us.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline spursjools

• Hero: Ossie
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2021, 12:01:13 AM »
This one of my old post when my dog passed away. Still sad.

Biggs, Can I re-open this Spursjoolz with my old password or do I need a new one?

Offline spursjools

• Hero: Ossie
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2021, 12:02:26 AM »
Hi,

I also have a Facebook page and twitter account (for Spurs) and do the articles. So I am also willing to help out this forum. For the time being we've got two of us.

Are you till posting here?