SpursNetwork

Tables released and new stadium

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« on: June 15, 2018, 06:56:22 PM »

So, where do we start? I suppose the new stadium.

It has been confirmed that we will be moving into our new ground this up and coming season, but not until September 15th, and that will be against Liverpool. That is just over one month after the league has started, which is on the 11th August and that match will be against Newcastle United away. However, officially, we do have a home game against Fulham – are you following me so far? – at, yes,Wembley.

We could have played away again, but the coaching team thought it wouldn’t be a good idea to play a whole month away from the mass Tottenham supporters, therefore, we will revisit our temporary home for just one match before the fanfare and trumpets start ringing out, and we finally arrive at our new stadium.

According to my contacts within the regime, this was planned months ago… even far back as 2017 (that is if they could twist the arm of the FA to allow them to do so, which we have done). But the story isn’t over yet, as the Liverpool game won’t be our first inaugural game or allowing the masses in. There will be four openings – Spurs actually wanted 3, but the FA insisted on four – or operational tester matches. Who or what will entertain. I’ve been given a few ideas, but won’t say anything here in case it has been changed (as plans have been thrown backwards and forwards, however, I can say that one of the suggestions is Tottenham Ladies playing at the new stadium. One earlier proposal was that fans were invited to the ground for drinks, but that was thrown out. I also believe, as things stand now, whoever we’ve got the entrance fee should be free, but fans will have to apply.

The operation dates are 5th, 18/19th, 25th/ 26th and 1st ort 2nd September.

So that is that!

Our first league match of the season, as I said, is away to Newcastle United. Who, coincidentally was our first opponents last season away. Then we face Fulham at Wembley, followed by Manchester United and Watford away. Then we have the grand opening of our new stadium, which will be against Liverpool (those that ended last season below us in fourth). If you remember we beat them 4-1 at Wembley and held them to a draw at Anfield. So that will be an exciting and much looked forward game. Hopefully, we will get the same result as last time (at Wembley) and get a great and memorable occasion.

The last game of the season will be a home match, as it was last season, and that will be against Everton and their new manager.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tables released and new stadium
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 09:42:58 PM »
All I can say is that, as a non season ticket holder,  I look forward to going back to the Lane (as it still is) to watch our boys next season.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Tables released and new stadium
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 04:05:58 PM »
Yes, so am I. I am also hoping - before it officially opens - to go to some test/ operational matches.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.