Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Football League + Conference
« Reply #285 on: April 28, 2014, 07:51:45 AM »
Mini-update:

CHAMPIONSHIP

- Leicester (99) are officially Football League Champions. They and Burnley (92) are destined for the Premiership next season.
- Derby (84) and QPR (77) are set in third and fourth respectively, the latter having clinched home-pitch advantage after a draw and a Wigan (70) loss against Blackpool (46).
- Still very close in the lower playoff race. Wigan can clinch a playoff spot by beating Birmingham (43) on Wednesday.
- Bar of safety is 47; Birmingham has two matches left but is currently in the red.
- Both Yeovil (37) and Barnsley (39) have been doomed to relegation.

LEAGUE ONE

- Peterborough (73) are locked in the last playoff position in sixth-place; placement of the other three playoff teams, Preston North End (85), Leyton Orient (83), and Rotherham (also 83) will be determined on closing day.
- the bar of safety is at 50 points, meaning penalty-hampered Coventry (51) live to die another season.
- You had to see this coming. Shrewsbury (41) is doomed to relegation.
- Carlisle (44) has a game in hand; they can max at 50, but this is contingent on them getting maximum points of course. :P

LEAGUE TWO

- Chesterfield (81), Rochdale (also 81), and Sc*nthorpe (80) have all clinched automatic promotion to League One, but who will win League Two is still anyone's guess.  8D
- As such, Fleetwood (76) have home-pitch advantage in the playoffs.
- Still up in the air as to who is going to get the other home-pitch spot. The advantage belongs to Burton Albion (72) but they still have to win their last match to make it absolutely certain. York City (70) and Southend United (69) have clinched playoff spots.
- Torquay (45) is doomed to relegation, and Wycombe (47) will join them if Northampton and Bristol Rovers (both 50) even get a single point. There is an astronomically slim chance of Wycombe finishing ahead of both, though. This would require both teams ahead of them to lose and them to win.

CONFERENCE PREMIER

All said and done in Conference as far as the regular season goes.

Playoff matchups:

(2) Cambridge (82) vs. (5) Halifax (77)
(3) Gateshead (79) vs. (4) Grimsby (78)

The teams being relegated are Chester, Dartford, Tamworth, and Hyde. It is possible that both Southern League promotions (champion and playoff winner) could end up in the Conference South to balance out the lopsided relegations from the Conference Prems, as only Dartford is clearly in Conference South territory.

CONFERENCE NORTH

Telford (85) came out victorious, while impressive debutants North Ferriby (82) have the top playoff seed:

(2) North Ferriby U vs. (5) Guiseley (78, +22, 78 GF)
(3) Altrincham (81) vs. (4) Hednesford (78, +22, 87 GF)

You already know who's going down, so I won't bore you with repetition. :P

CONFERENCE SOUTH

All said and done here, as well. While Eastleigh is going up automatically, the playoffs are as follows:

(2) Sutton U (81) vs. (5) Dover Athletic (69, +25)
(3) Bromley (80) vs. (4) Ebbsfleet U (74)

That's right. Dover's only in the playoffs by goal differential, over Havant and Waterlooville FC (69, +14).

FEEDERS

- Southern Premier League playoffs:

(2) Chesham (92) vs. (5) Stourbridge (84, +60)
(3) Cambridge City (88) vs. (4) St. Albans City (85)

Stourbridge edged Hungerford (84, +38) for the last playoff spot.

- Isthmian League playoffs:

(2) Kingstonian (85, +36) vs. (5) Hornchurch (83)
(3) Bognor Regis (85, +30) vs. (4) Lowestoft Town (84)

- Chorley (97) held off FC United of Manchester (96) to claim the Northern League title.

Playoffs:

(2) FC United vs. (5) Ashton U (80)
(3) Fylde (93) vs. (4) Worksop (88)

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #286 on: May 04, 2014, 04:13:38 AM »
Mini-update:

CHAMPIONSHIP

Season's over.

The playoffs are set now:

(3) Derby (85) vs. (6) Brighton & Hove (72)
(4) QPR (80) vs. (5) Wigan (73)

Not sure who to root for :P But Brighton & Hove sure impressed me with a last-minute leapfrogging of Reading (71).

At the other end, it was Doncaster Rovers (44, -31) who ended up with the last relegation slot. Birmingham City (44, -18) picked up the vital point against Bolton with a draw, while Donny Rovers lost against Leicester (102). Bad break really.  :(

LEAGUE ONE

Playoffs are as follows:

(3) Leyton Orient (86, +40) vs. (6) Peterborough (74)
(4) Rotherham (86, +28) vs. (5) Preston North End (85)

Carlisle (45) drew Crawley last Tuesday, dooming them to relegation; the last relegation spot went to Tranmere after today's matches (remember that I'm several hours behind you, so it's still Saturday here :P ); even had they won against Bradford, Notts County's point against Oldham was enough to keep them ahead, barring an astronomically improbable massacre by Tranmere :P

LEAGUE TWO

- Although automatic promotion spots had already been decided, Chesterfield (84) emerged as League Two's champion after beating Fleetwood.

Playoffs:

(4) Fleetwood (76) vs. (7) York (71)
(5) Southend U (72, +17) vs. (6) Burton Albion (72, +5)

Wycombe (50, -8) saved their own bacon and put an exclamation point on a disappointing season for last-place Torquay (45) by beating them 3-0; this would have been for naught had Bristol Rovers (50, -11) even gotten a point, but they lost 1-0 against Mansfield.

CONFERENCE NORTH

First round of the playoffs is over, it'll be Guiseley vs. Altrincham in the finals here. But boy, was North Ferriby United disappointing! The second seeds got blanked 3-0 by 5th-place Guiseley. :P Altrincham had a wee scare themselves, only beating Hednesford 4-3.

CONFERENCE SOUTH

Decidedly more one-sided here, and both 4-1 upsets! It'll be Dover vs. Ebbsfleet in the playoff final as they beat Sutton and Bromley respectively.

FEEDERS

The Northern League playoffs are already over! Joining Chorley will be Fylde, who beat Worksop in the opening round and then upset artists Ashton United, who beat FC United in the first round, in penalties.

The Southern League and Isthmian League playoffs wrap up on Monday (my first day of work, so results may be a bit late coming in); in the Southern League it'll be Chesham vs. St. Albans, while in the Isthmian it'll be Lowestoft against Hornchurch after both pulled off first-round "upsets." (They were so close in the points that the word "upset" might not be justified :lol: )

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #287 on: May 09, 2014, 02:40:31 AM »
Mini-update:

CHAMPIONSHIP

Playoffs kicked off yesterday as Derby beat Brighton & Hove on their own turf, 2-1. The return leg's in Derby on Sunday. Wigan takes on QPR later today (or tomorrow my time - bloody time zones :P )

LEAGUE ONE

Playoffs kick off Saturday.

LEAGUE TWO

Fleetwood-York starts Saturday, while Southend-Burton (GO SOUTHEND!) starts Sunday.

CONFERENCE PREMIER

Cambridge United came back from 1-0 down in the tie to beat Halifax 2-1, while Gateshead thumped Grimsby 3-1 at home to win the tie 4-2. The final goes on Sunday 18 May 2014, two days before this old fart gains another year. :P

CONFERENCE NORTH/SOUTH

Conference South final (Ebbsfleet vs. Dover) is on Saturday, while Conference North final (Altrincham vs. Guiseley) goes on Sunday.

FEEDERS

Congratulations to the final two promoted teams, Isthmian playoff winners Lowestoft and Southern League playoff winners St. Albans! :) Due to who is being relegated from Conference Premier, it wouldn't surprise me if all four teams from Isthmian and Southern Leagues put together end up in Conference South next season. I could be wrong, of course.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #288 on: May 14, 2014, 01:06:29 AM »

Mini-update:

- The Championship playoff final will pit Derby against QPR. The Hoops needed extra time in the second leg to beat Wigan, 2-1, but Derby absolutely bulldozed Brighton to the tune of 4-1 in their home leg.
- Leyton Orient is in the League One playoff final, having beaten Peterborough 2-1 in the return leg of the tie to win the overall bout 3-2. Preston and Rotherham wrap up on Thursday.- Altrincham and Dover are joining Eastleigh and Telford in the Conference Premier next season.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #289 on: May 18, 2014, 05:07:51 PM »
Mini-update:

- It's Rotherham who's up against Leyton Orient on 25 May for a Championship berth.
- Burton vs. Fleetwood in the League Two playoff final. Poor Southend.  :(

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #290 on: May 22, 2014, 01:27:15 AM »
Cambridge United is back in the League after a nine-year hiatus, beating Gateshead 2-1 in the playoff final on Saturday.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #291 on: May 26, 2014, 11:36:53 PM »
Final words from England for this season:

- QPR upended Derby 1-0 in the Championship playoff final to join Leicester and Burnley in the Prems next season. They will be replaced by Norwich, Cardiff, and Fulham.

- Rotherham overcame a 2-0 aggregate deficit to beat Leyton Orient on penalties and join Wolverhampton and Brentford in Championship next season. Doncaster, Barnsley, and Yeovil will replace them in League One.

- Fleetwood made good on its top seeding in the playoffs, beating Burton Albion 1-0 to secure promotion to League One, the highest level they've ever been at. Sky's the limit for them, it seems! ;) They join Chesterfield, Rochdale, and Sc*nthorpe in League One, to be replaced in League Two by Tranmere, Stevenage, Carlisle, and Shrewsbury.

And that's all she wrote for another season in English footy! See you next season!  :up:

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #292 on: September 22, 2014, 01:53:09 AM »
Let's get this ball rolling again!

CHAMPIONSHIP

With the exception of Wigan and Ipswich, everyone in this league has played eight matches. The hottest start belongs to Nottingham Forest (18) who have yet to lose (5-3-0), and Norwich and Wolverhampton (both 17) are right behind them. Watford (16) and Middlesbrough (15) are also part of the 5-win club early in the season, while Sheffield Wednesday (also 15) is also within a win of top, and Charlton (14, 3-5-0) have not yet lost a match, although they seem to have more trouble getting the job done than Forest up top.

On the other side of things, though, you have Fulham (1), and what the crippity-crap happened to them? It's a good thing they have 38 matches left in the season... wow, I was not expecting such a rough start from them! Blackpool (2), who barely survived last season on this level, is off to an almost-as-bad start. Huddersfield and Bolton (both 5) are the next teams up, and at least they have wins on the board.

LEAGUE ONE

Matches played vary; either eight or nine matches have passed depending on the club. The top club right now, freshly-relegated Bristol City (21), have a 5-point lead early on, and are the only club that has yet to lose left of the lot. MK Dons and Peterborough (both 16) are next in line, the first within a logjam seeing nine teams within the space of three points. The other seven are Swindon with 15 points, Chesterfield and Bradford with 14 points, and Rochdale, Preston North End, Fleetwood, and Sheff U all with 13.

Unlike in the Champs, every club has won at least once, and only six clubs are in single digits, as opposed to Champs where ten fit that bill. At bottom is Crewe (4), followed by Colchester (6), Sc*nthorpe (7), Port Vale, Walsall (both 8 ) , and Barnsley (9).

LEAGUE TWO

All clubs have played nine matches, and there is nobody left unbeaten. At top is Bury (20), followed very closely by Burton (19) and Wycombe (18 ). If the season were to end today, you'd have Southend (17), Morecambe (16), Shrewsbury, and Cheltenham (both 15) in the playoffs, with Mansfield (also 15) missing out on goal diff, and Northampton, Wimbledon, and a seemingly resurgent Portsmouth (14) out by a point. Plymouth (13) and Luton (12) are also very close to that playoff zone.

At the other end, only one team remains without a win, Carlisle U (3). Otherwise, it's quite close down there, with goal differential being the difference between red zone and clear zone with regards to Oxford and Hartlepool (both 7), the latter being the lower of the two in the table. There are a few other clubs in more immediate danger, but this is early-season, so I'm only going to draw your attention to Dagenham and Redbridge (8 ) , pun not intended, since in nine matches they have six draws. :P

CONFERENCE PREMIER

We're a tiny bit further in the season with the Conference Prems, as every club save Chester and Wrexham (who play tomorrow my time/later today British time) has played eleven matches. Three clubs have kind of poked ahead early on - Barnet (25) is looking quite good at the moment up top, with a league-high 8 wins and a goal differential per game of exactly +2, +22 total. Torquay (24) jointly has the fewest losses, having only lost once (Macclesfield is the other such club), and are in the midst of a six-game win streak, so keep your eyes on them as well. And then there's also Halifax (23). Four other clubs already have 20+ - Woking, Gateshead (both 21), Macclesfield, and Bristol Rovers (both 20). Truth be told there's actually a bit of a points logjam after the top three - ranging from 21 points to 18 there are nine clubs total - the four already mentioned, plus Eastleigh, Forest Green, Wrexham (all 19), Braintree, and Kidderminster (both 18).

There's only one club yet to win in this lot - Telford (3) is off to a rough start and if they keep this up I'll have to start calling them a yoyo team :P - they seem to own in Conference North then suck up a storm in Conference Premier. Anyway, Dover (7) is next, and then a gaggle of teams with eight points - Southport, Altrincham, and Nuneaton. Man I hope Altrincham gets dropped. :P Dartford (9) is also in single figures. It would appear that Alfreton (10) was on the down-and-outs until three matches ago, then they started, duh, WINNING. :P They're on a three-game win streak.

CONFERENCE NORTH

Last season, they were winning the Northern League playoffs. This season, Fylde (22) is off on a roll at the moment - after a rough 1-1-2 start they caught fire and went on a six-game win streak, which they can still maintain should they have the form to keep it up. The other new kids on the block, Chorley (20), are doing almost as well for themselves. Officially between them is Barrow (20), who with only nine matches played could actually go top if they succeed in their game in hand on Fylde - they've only lost once all season. Guiseley and Oxford City (both 18) round out the top 5. Stockport and Boston (both 17) are also doing decently.

Hyde (5) find themselves in the toilet yet again. Of the rest of the league, only three other clubs - Brackley, Gloucester (both 8 ) , and Tamworth (9) - have fewer than ten points, but I would also call Bradford Park Avenue (11) in more immediate danger because they have played eleven matches and most teams behind them have played ten (Brackley has only played nine).

CONFERENCE SOUTH

The scheduling has been a wee bit on the wonky side, more so than anyplace else in the top six levels of English footy, so it's hard to put a finger on who might end up where. But who is where now? Much easier question. Boreham Wood (19) are surprisingly high in the table, being tops ahead of Havant & Waterlooville, Basingstoke (both 18 ), Bromley (17), and three teams at 16 points: Ebbsfleet, newly promoted St. Albans, and Whitehawk. If I had to peg an early favourite I'd be tempted to go with Basingstoke over Boreham Wood on account of BTFC's game in hand on the same, but also their cushion on Ebbsfleet, who have played the same number of matches.

Ironically, neither the team that beat St. Albans in the Southern League, Hemel Hempstead (11), nor Isthmian champs Wealdstone (dead-last with 7), are doing that well at all. There are only two relegation spots this season, due apparently to the expulsion of Salisbury City from the Conference wholesale due to unpaid debts. The other red-zone spot has Staines (9) in it, with a train of six clubs with eleven points each immediately following going upward.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #293 on: November 02, 2014, 10:21:00 PM »
It's been more than a month, so why not update?  :up:

CHAMPIONSHIP

I think I jinxed Nottingham Forest (22). :P They haven't won since last update, drawing four and losing three to slip from top spot to tenth. The current kingpins are Watford (29), with Bournemouth, Middlesbrough, and Wolverhampton (all 27) looming close behind. It would be something if AFC Bournemouth made the Premier League after this season, because this is only the second time they've ever been this high in the club's history! Would be like Wigan all over again! Now, as is to be expected at the roughly one-third's-way mark of the season, the top is still quite close. Derby and Norwich (both 26) hold down the other two playoff spots by a point over Blackburn (25), who are themselves only one point ahead of Ipswich (24), two ahead of Charlton (23), and three ahead of the aforementioned Forest, plus Cardiff and Brentford as well (both also 22).

At the other end, Fulham (15) must have read my post here* because they've gleaned 14 of those 15 points since last update and my scathing critique of them. 14 points in 7 games - sure, it isn't 21, but it isn't anything to sneeze at either. 4W-2D-1L since then. On the other hand, Blackpool (6) is still in single digits, and since their only win of the campaign - a surprise 1-0 result against Cardiff - they've gone on a four-game losing streak. Bolton (11) and Birmingham (12) are also in the red, and Brighton & Hove (13) isn't looking so hot either.

*-in case you haven't figured this out yet, I'm kidding. :P

LEAGUE ONE

Bristol City (36) still haven't lost, maintaining their unbeaten streak, currently at sixteen matches. As with last update, though, they only have a five-point lead over impressive Preston North End (31) - as much as some of their fans are utter ponces (from my experiences on Wigan Athletic's forums back in the Jason DeVos days), I can't help admiring the team itself so far. They only just had a seven-game win streak snapped (in rather abrupt fashion) by Rochdale last match, only their second loss all season.

Afterwards follows a seven-team logjam in a two-point range:

3. MK Dons (27)
4. Rochdale (26, +14)
5. Swindon (26, +12)
6. Notts County (26, +8)
---------------------------------------
7. Peterborough (26, +6)
8. Sheff U (26, +3)
9. Oldham (25)

So it looks like it's gonna be kind of exciting up top, at least for a while!

On the other end... yeah, it's close there as well. Three of the bottom four teams have fourteen points and are only differentiated by goal diff - these being Crewe (-19), Yeovil (-14), and Gillingham (-8 ). Just ahead of these is Sc*nthorpe (15), with Leyton Orient (16), Coventry, Colchester (both 17), Walsall, and Doncaster (both 18 ) having to keep their eyes over their shoulders, proverbially speaking.

LEAGUE TWO

It's quite close up top in the Two at this point, with only three points separating first from fifth. Tops right now is Wycombe (32), whose closest threat is freshly-promoted Luton (31), who are looking to reestablish themselves in the League after years of Conference and financial turmoil. Shrewsbury, Bury (both 30), and Burton (29) round out the top five, with Plymouth (27) and Southend (25) holding the other two playoff spots.

The "within a win" crowd is kinda big as well. Newport (24) is the first team outside the playoff range and has a five-game unbeaten streak (3W 2D) going at the moment. Right behind them is Portsmouth (23), who earnestly look like they're pushing themselves hard to get out of League Two. With them in the points are Morecambe, Exeter, and Accrington Stanley (all also 23), and rounding out the "within a win" list is Cheltenham (22).

At the other end, there's a three-point gap between the two red-zoners, Tranmere and Hartlepool (both 12), and the lowest teams outside, York, Dagenham & Redbridge, and Carlisle (all 15). But it's nothing insurmountable.

CONFERENCE PREMIER

I remember you, SouthendYid, saying you had a soft spot for Barnet. Well, you'll love this. ;) Nine-point gap for Barnet (42) atop the Conference Premier Division, with a bit of a clump behind them:

2. Gateshead - 33
3. Halifax  - 32, +12
4. Bristol Rovers - 32, +5
5. Woking - 31, +13
-----------------------------------
6. Forest Green - 31, +7
7. Grimsby - 30
8. Eastleigh - 29, +6, 30 GF
9. Kidderminster - 29, +6, 24 GF
10. Macclesfield - 29, +6, 21 GF
11. Wrexham - 28
12. Torquay - 27

Close, eh? Anyway, back to Barnet for a second. If you think their dominance right now can only be factored down to the fact that they've played more matches than anyone else (19, most have played 18 or 17), then allow me to point you to these other factors:

- Their goal differential is far superior to second-best (+29 vs. +18 for Grimsby)
- They've scored 11 more goals than second-best (43 vs. 32 for Grimsby)
- They've allowed the fewest goals of any team (14 goals in 19 games)
- They have two of the top five scorers in Conference (John Akinde is 2nd with 11, Lee Cook is jointly 4th with 8 ).

Okay, enough tooting Barnet's horn for now. :P On to the nether regions. Telford (10) is lagging well behind, but the other three red-zoners, not so much. Nuneaton (15) needs only win and they're on pace with Altrincham (18), while Dartford and Alfreton (both 16) are even better off. While Altrincham may be the first in line to drop due to their -17 goal differential (equal with that of Nuneaton, if you're wondering), Dover and Welling (both also 18) are also in very real danger at the moment.

CONFERENCE NORTH

Welcome to screwy schedule land. :P

I must say, I have to be impressed by AFC Fylde (31). Freshly promoted from the feeders, excellent start, and now, enough consistency to keep in the upper echelons of the table up to this point. Sure, they now have Barrow (32) ahead of them, but a point's margin is easily erased. The margin I'd be more concerned - with keeping or increasing it, anyway - is the four-point one between them and Solihull and Chorley (both 27). Hednesford (25) has the last playoff spot, but having played the second-most games up to now (16, only Oxford City has played more with 17), they might have to work a bit harder to keep that position up. Oxford City and Boston (both 24) are right on their tail, but I'd be more worried about Guiseley and Stockport (23), and even North Ferriby (22), because of the extra game they haven't played yet.

At the other end, it looks like Hyde's (7) big season three seasons ago was a flash in the pan. They're back in the Conference North toilet that they so narrowly escaped four seasons ago, and after two rather fruitless seasons in the National, they're back down to stink things up.

In the red with them are Stalybridge Celtic (11) and Gloucester City (12), with the first team out being Tamworth (14), and Gainsborough and Bradford Park Avenue (both 15) still being in immediate danger. Brackley and Lowestoft (both 16) aren't doing all that well either.

CONFERENCE SOUTH

I wish Powerage had stuck around to see this post. :P His beloved Basingstoke (27) sit atop the South by a couple of points over Boreham Wood (25), and Ebbsfleet and Bromley (both 24) are within a win of top as well. Havant and Waterlooville (23) rounds out the playoff contingent, with Maidenhead U (22), Hayes & Yeading (21), Whitehawk, and Chelmsford (both 20) being within a win of them.

At the other end, both Staines (9) and Weston (11) are nursing lengthy losing streaks at the moment, with the former having eight losses in a row and the latter five. The bad news for first-out-of-danger Wealdstone (12) is that they have played two more games than Weston and one more than Staines, so they aren't exactly doing so great either. Same can be said of Farnborough (13). What's worse, Farney have played two more matches than the two teams right ahead of them, Hemel Hempstead (15) and Bath (17).

And that's it for now! I'll do another one around the beginning of December.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #294 on: December 02, 2014, 02:45:25 AM »
Update time!  :up:

CHAMPIONSHIP

Up top, things are nice and close. Derby (35) holds top spot by the narrowest of margins, one point over red-hot Ipswich and Brentford (both 34), who are nurturing a six-game unbeaten streak and a five-game win streak respectively. Bournemouth and Middlesbrough (both 33) are also doing very well at the moment, and how's this - Bournemouth haven't lost since the end of September! Their current nine-game unbeaten streak (6W 3D) includes an 8-0 nuking of Birmingham City. Blackburn (31) holds the last playoff spot at the moment, but Watford, Cardiff (both 29), Nottingham Forest, and Charlton Athletic (both 28) are within a win. Speaking of Watford, four-game losing streak? FAIL. :P

At the other end, Blackpool (9) seems to have given up already. Wigan (17) and Brighton & Hove (18) are in much better shape, being only two points and one point from safety respectively, chasing Rotherham (19). Some other teams are still in danger: Millwall (20), Huddersfield, and Bolton (both 21), but the good news for Wanderers is that they are also on a four-game unbeaten streak (3W 1D).

LEAGUE ONE

Bristol City (39) got pulled down to earth quite recently, finally losing against red-hot Swindon (38) and then again against Preston North End (37). MK Dons (34) are still a legitimate threat as well, being two matches behind all three of those top three and therefore quite capable of overtaking the lot of them should they be able to successfully make those matches up.  :ohyeah:

Sheffield U (31) and Oldham (30) hold the other two playoff spots, however Oldham is in a bit of a pickle as they're only there by goals scored and have played fewer matches than the team immediately behind them, Notts County (also 30).

The red zone is not a pit of despair just yet, as last-place Crewe (16) is still within a win of the first team outside the red. Yeovil and Colchester (both 17) are barely ahead of them, and Sc*nthorpe (19, -10) is only out by goal diff behind Gillingham (-7) and Leyton Orient (-5). Coventry (21) aren't doing much better, but it's better than the downward spiral they've been in in previous years, so it's a start. :P

Just ahead of them, the most peculiar unbeaten streak I've ever seen. It started with a win, but since then, Crawley (22) have drawn five in a row. Is it a six-game unbeaten streak, or a five-game winless streak? Is the glass half full or half empty?  :lol:  In any case, they're only a win out of the red, so they need to smarten up and start, uh, I dunno, WINNING? Doncaster and Barnsley (both also 22) are in the same boat in this regard.

LEAGUE TWO

Again with League Two, the top is quite close, with the points margin between teams being only one for every place from first to fifth. At the top of this logjam is Wycombe (38), followed by Luton (37), Shrewsbury (36), Burton (35), and on-form Southend (34), who have a four-game win streak and five-game unbeaten streak going.

After a slight gap we find another close battle - four teams for two playoff spots. The spots are held by Plymouth and Newport (both 31), but Bury and Exeter (both 30) are a mere point behind.

At the other end, though, the red-zoners are starting to fall behind. Last-place Hartlepool (12) are six from safety, and the other red-zoner, Tranmere (15), are three behind Carlisle (18). Not insurmountable, but still. Enough for York (19) to possibly be lulled into complacency. Heck if I know. :P

CONFERENCE PREMIER

Barnet (49) are opening up a nice little comfy lead! Too bad they also give up games in hand to a pile of teams. :P That's what sucks about winter, eh? Anyway, Grimsby, Bristol Rovers (both 41), Woking, and Macclesfield (both 39) hold the playoff spots at present, with Forest Green (37) and their ten-game unbeaten streak (4W 6D) being the first team outside. Torquay, Halifax, and Gateshead (all 35), are relatively close as well.

It seems Telford (14) can't escape the role of yoyo team. They do well in the North and then drop right back down the season after. Poor buggers. They're nine points from safety (and Southport (23)) and three behind the next-worst team, Alfreton (17). Nuneaton (18) and Dartford (20) round out the red. Some good news for most of these, though - with the exception of Dartford, all five of these teams have only played 22 matches, versus the 23 played by (besides Dartford) Welling (25) and Altrincham (28), and the 24 played by Braintree (27). There is potential for catchup here.

CONFERENCE NORTH

It's definitely wintertime for football. You can tell by the screwy numbers of games played in England's seventh level. Barrow (39) still top the table with two games in hand on second-place Guiseley (35) and one on third-place Chorley (34). Fylde (33) has slipped from second to fourth, but they've also played a Conference North-low 16 matches, and have two games in hand on Solihull Moors (also 33), who hold the last playoff spot with a goal differential difference of eight goals. At the same time, I'd be more worried about Stockport and Worcester (30) and even Boston (also 30 but with one more game played) than I would be of Oxford City (31) since they have played a league-high 20, a number they share with toilet-inhabiting Hyde (7). What the crap is wrong with them anyway? Not a single point since I last reported. Gloucester (15) and Stalybridge (16), while still in the red, are in much better shape, as Bradford Park Avenue (17) is the best team outside the red. Brackley and Leamington (both 19) are also in relatively immediate danger.

CONFERENCE SOUTH

Well, so much for Basingstoke's (27) big break. :P Even though they've only played a league-low fifteen matches (shared by last-place Weston and third-place Gosport) they've still since been passed by Gosport (29). But they're not top either, due to screwy scheduling caused by the weather. No, first-place is Boreham Wood (36). They have a six-point lead over Bromley (30). Then there's Gosport and Ebbsfleet (also 29), and Basingstoke rounding out the playoff spots. Havant & Waterlooville and Whitehawk (both 26) are closest behind, followed by Eastbourne, St. Albans (25), Bath, Hemel Hempstead, and Chelmsford (24) - all within a win.

At the other end - and remember, there's a shortened RZ this season due to Salisbury being given the heave-ho. Still, the two clubs in it aren't exactly feeling great themselves. Weston (11) are lagging in both games played and what they are doing with said games, nurturing a seven-game losing streak. Staines (12) would have been even worse off if not for snapping their nine-gamer in a recent 1-0 victory over Bishop's Stortford (18), who aren't exactly doing well themselves at the moment, but are still six clear of danger. Ditto for Wealdstone (18). On the other hand, both red-zoners have games in hand, so... we'll see. ;)

And I'll post again on New Year's Eve my time. (Would probably be New Year's Day your time before I finally get on. Gotta work and all. :P )

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #295 on: April 25, 2015, 04:35:00 AM »
Haven't done one of these in yonks.  :o

That changes now. :P

CHAMPIONSHIP

It's really close up top, with just two matches left for the vast majority of the league (Rotherham and Reading have a third left on top). Watford (85) has a point's lead on Bournemouth and Middlesbrough (both 84; Bournemouth has superior goal diff) and three points on Norwich (82). All are assured at least a playoff spot, but it's those two automatic promotion spots and the League championship proper that everyone has their eyes on. Tomorrow (or later today in your timezone ;) ) we might see something go down, although all four of these teams have easy-looking matches based on season form of said opponents:

Watford vs. Brighton & Hove (46) - note: if B&H defy the odds and get a point out of this, they can't be relegated.
Middlesbrough vs. Fulham (49)
Bournemouth vs. Bolton (51) - note: this is on Monday
Norwich vs. Rotherham (44)

The remaining playoff spots are a battle - four teams vying for two spots:

5. Derby County - 76
6. Ipswich Town - 75
-----------------------------------
7. Brentford - 72, +14
8. Wolverhampton - 72, +11

Of the four, only Ipswich has an opponent in the upper half of the table tomorrow/today, as they play 11th-place Nottingham Forest (59).

The other end is quickly tightening up as it always does this time of the season. The real match to watch is Norwich vs. Rotherham since Rotherham could all but end any hope of survival for both Wigan (39) and Millwall (40) with a win. Actually, if Brighton and Hove gets any points from their match with Watford and Rotherham wins, it's curtains for Wigan and, should they lose, Millwall, anyway. Of course, if either of these lose, they're done-diddly-doodly-done for. :P  But here's a further point of complication. Who are they playing? Wigan's against Wolverhampton, and Millwall's against Derby. Not exactly the best odds.

Blackpool (25)? They've given up already. :lol:  If a Yank were to coach them (or even a 'Nucker like me), here's what he'd sound like: "PLAYOFFS? I just hope we can win a game!"

LEAGUE ONE

We already know that Bristol Rovers (93) is going to be in the Championship next season - heck, they've clinched the League One title already! So the question is, who's joining them automatically? Preston North End (86) or Milton Keynes (85)? Honestly, I like neither club, but PNE is, at this point, the lesser of two evils for me. :P  There's also an outside chance for Swindon (77) who has three matches to go, but if STFC drops even one point from their remaining matches, it's curtains for their chances. They play PNE tomorrow/today.

Out of the teams outside and looking in on the playoffs, only Rochdale (63) has a chance, and they must win both of their remaining matches and hope one of Sheff U (69) and Chesterfield (68) drops a sufficient number of points - in the former teams' case all of them - to make the playoffs. To make matters more difficult, RAFC's next match is against MK Dons, who are trying to eliminate all chance of Swindon catching them and get a leg up on PNE.

At the other end, only Yeovil (40) is eliminated, and they haven't done too poorly for a dead-last-placed team, if you think about it. The other three red-zoners, though, are still alive, and it's going to be an interesting stretch run:

16. Sc*nthorpe U - 53
17. Coventry City - 52
18. Port Vale - 51
19. Crawley Town - 50
20. Crewe - 49
----------------------------------
21. Leyton Orient - 47, -10
22. Notts County - 47, -17
23. Colchester U - 45*

*-game in hand

Now, Colchester may have that game in hand, but guess who they have to play to make it up? Swindon. Just two days prior (tomorrow/today), they have to play 8th-place Fleetwood (60). I don't exactly call those great odds, but given the relatively small points difference between the two considering where they are in the table, it could be worse. Still, it's going to be a very close finish. I can't see Sc*nthorpe being in danger for too much longer unless they really blow it. Crewe and Crawley, with disproportionally rotten goal differentials, are in much greater danger, in my view. (At -33, Crewe could possibly finish last in the league in goal differential as they are only a single goal against better than Yeovil at this point!  8D )

LEAGUE TWO

At this point there are a bunch of small battles, and much of the table isn't involved in any one of them. :P

The first battle is for the League Two title. Burton (88) has a leg up and also has clinched automatic promotion, something second-place Shrewsbury (86) can do with a win or a loss for either of Wycombe or Southend U (both 81). The second battle overlaps slightly, as it is still theoretically possible for Shrewsbury to drop out of auto-promo should they lose both remaining matches. But with one of the Shrews' last matches being against red-zoners Cheltenham (40; the match is today/tomorrow), I think this scenario is improbable at best. So that leaves Wycombe, Southend, and also fifth-place Bury (79), to battle for the third and final auto-promo slot. All three are guaranteed playoffs.

Which brings us to the third battle. The playoff race. Stevenage (69) looks likely to make the playoffs as Luton (65), the first team on the outside looking in, plays a red-hot Southend team that has won six in a row and gone a seventh on top without losing. A loss for either Luton or Plymouth (also 65) would be enough to clinch Stevenage a playoff spot (the latter seems much less likely since they're playing last-place Tranmere, but who knows? Desperation sometimes brings out the best in teams). If both lose, things really get interesting. If Plymouth does win (and this would seem likely), that's itski for Northampton and Exeter (both 61) and the chances of Newport County (62) making it become astronomically improbable as well. A loss opens the door for a world of possibilities in the playoffs, and would perhaps make for more exciting football. In other words, GO TRANMERE!  :lol:

A Tranmere win would also affect the final battle, the relegation race, which is now down to three teams - red-zoners Cheltenham and Tranmere, and the last team they can catch, Hartlepool (41). It's really hard to call this one. The odds seem stacked against Tranmere, who play first against Plymouth and then against Bury.

CONFERENCE PREMIER

Tomorrow/today is D-day. Last match of the season! :D

Barnet (89) and Bristol Rovers (88) have something of a proxy war going, as they don't play each other on closing day, but the winner of the whole deal goes up automatically, while the loser has to settle for playoffs. Here's the scenario outlook:

Both teams with same result - Barnet promoted
Barnet wins, Bristol draws or loses/Barnet draws, Bristol loses - Barnet promoted
Bristol wins, Barnet draws or loses - Bristol promoted
Bristol draws, Barnet loses - Barnet likely still promoted, since their goal differential is considerably superior. Barnet would have to lose by fifteen in this scenario to not still win out!  :2funny:

So yeah.

Grimsby (83) has a playoff spot locked up but can't vye for the title anymore; there is still a bit of a battle for the playoffs, though, between Eastleigh (79), Forest Green (78), and Macclesfield (77), with the last of these on the outside looking in. It's tough to call how this will end up.

Southport (48) and Welling (45) are probably both praying that Bristol Rovers beats Alfreton (45). I think it's kind of unlikely that Alfreton will beat Bristol by the absurd amount necessary for them to catch Southport, but on the other hand, Welling could lose, Alfreton could somehow gut out a draw, and it's bye-bye Welling! Whoever loses that last relegation battle will join Telford, Dartford, and Nuneaton in the lower tier of Conference next season.

CONFERENCE NORTH

The only real battle left up top is between Barrow (84) and Fylde (82) for the auto-promo spot and Conference North title. Yes, it's going right down to the wire. Scenario outlook:

Same result for both teams/Barrow wins regardless of Fylde result: Barrow promoted
Fylde wins, Barrow draws/loses - Fylde promoted
Fylde draws, Barrow loses - Barrow promoted

Simple as that. The playoff picture is already set, with Boston, Chorley, and Guiseley joining whoever loses that championship battle. It's just a matter of jockeying for position at this point.

At the other end, Colwyn Bay (42) must win and have either Stalybridge or Brackley (both 44) lose to stay up. Both teams have superior goal differential, so a draw for both would be fatal to Colwyn's bid.

CONFERENCE SOUTH

Everything's actually set except for playoff positions. Bromley (77) are this year's champs, with Boreham Wood (72), Basingstoke (70, +23), Havant & Waterlooville (70, +21), and Whitehawk (69) in the playoffs. Farnborough (30) and Staines (24) are relegated.

FEEDERS

Isthmian League

It is possible, but hugely improbable, for Hendon (92) to catch Maidstone (95), because of the goal differential difference between the two being pretty flipping big. :P So it looks more likely that Hendon will have to be in the playoffs. Margate (82) has secured a playoff spot, but Dulwich Hamlet (75) and Enfield (73) have not; both have to keep their eyes on Metropolitan Police (72), and it is even still possible for Grays Athletic (71) to make the playoffs should Enfield and MetroPol both lose.

Southern League

I honestly hope Poole Town vs. Corby Town is sold out. Winner take all, draw favours Poole. This is going to be exciting football, if not anywhere near Prems-calibre. :P The two clubs come in even on the points (91) but with Poole having a +12 goal differential advantage. The loser drops into the playoffs. Truro (86) has secured a playoff spot as well, but as with the Isthmian League, there's a four-team battle for the other two spots: Hungerford (76), St. Neots (75), Weymouth (73), and Redditch U (72) go into D-Day with the playoffs on the line.

Northern Premier League

Of the three feeder leagues, this is the only one where the champion - in this case FC United of Manchester (92) - has already been determined. Workington (87) and Ashton U (84) have clinched playoff spots and await who wins out in the three-team battle between Curzon Ashton (82), Ilkeston (80), and Blyth Spartans (79). I kinda want Ilkeston to win. They're a phoenix club of Ilkeston Town, a team wound up over finances five years ago.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #296 on: April 26, 2015, 03:41:03 AM »
Mini-update:

CHAMPIONSHIP

- Middlesbrough (84) lost, and Norwich (83) drew, ending both teams' championship bids as Watford (88) won. If Bournemouth loses on Monday, Watford are League champions.
- Derby (77) drew, adding more chance to winners Brentford and Wolverhampton (both 75) of making the playoffs
- Wigan (39) lost and Derby (41) drew, so they're boned. Especially given that Rotherham (45) also got a point off Norwich. :P

LEAGUE ONE

- Both Preston North End (89) and MK Dons (88) won, so it goes down to the last day as to who gets that second auto-promo spot. Consequently, Swindon (77) is eliminated from auto-promo contention. Rather authoritatively, too. :P
- Chesterfield (68) lost. But so too did Rochdale (63), ending any chance of them making the playoffs. As such, home-pitch advantage for the first round is set:

3rd place: whoever loses the PNE/MK tiff
4th place: Swindon

Last match will determine who plays who, with Chesterfield and Sheff U (70) jockeying for position.

- Crawley (50) lost; combined with wins for both Crewe (52) and Notts County (50), this puts Crawley in the red with a game left.
- Colchester U (48) also won, keeping hopes of staying afloat alive for now.
- Leyton Orient (48) are barely alive as well, having gleaned a draw.

LEAGUE TWO

- Most teams in the playoff-plus region won. The only exception is Wycombe (81), who lost to Morecambe. Therefore, both third auto-promo and championship are all to play for. Burton Albion (91) has a two-point advantage over Shrewsbury (89), but the Shrews have far superior goal differential, so Burton has to win their final game against Cambridge (51) to assure the championship. Both teams have of course clinched automatic promotion.

- Although Southend (84) has to win to absolutely guarantee the third auto-promo spot, a draw would be sufficient if Bury (82) loses or draws.

- Hartlepool (44) pulled off a surprise victory over Exeter (61), while Cheltenham (40) and Tranmere (39) doomed themselves to relegation by losing.

CONFERENCE PREMIER

All said and done! (At least, for the regular season. :P )

- Barnet (92) are your champions, having finished the season off with a 2-0 win over Gateshead.
- It was close, though, as Bristol Rovers (91) murdered Alfreton (45, -41) 7-0 to put an exclamation point on a horrible season for Alfreton, who are relegated on the strength (weakness?  8D  ) of a twenty-goal goal differential gap between them and Southport (also 45, but -21). Although they finished 21st, Alfreton were 24th in goal differential (-41) and goals against (90).
- Forest Green (79) drew. Fortunately for them, so did Macclesfield (78).

- Playoffs are as follows:

(2) Bristol Rovers vs. (5) Forest Green
(3) Grimsby vs. (4) Eastleigh

CONFERENCE NORTH

- Barrow (87) beat Lowestoft, holding off Fylde (85) for the Conference North championship.
- Oxford and Tamworth (69) made it look closer than it actually was, winning their matches but still finishing a point short of the playoffs. Even worse for Oxford, the team they couldn't quite catch was the team they actually beat on closing day, Guiseley (70).  :o
- Playoffs:

(2) Fylde vs. (5) Guiseley
(3) Boston vs. (4) Chorley

- Stalybridge (45) got the point they needed to eliminate Colwyn Bay. They got through on goal differential - -16 vs. -23 for the Welsh side.

CONFERENCE SOUTH

Playoff positions are set:

(2) Boreham Wood vs. (5) Havant & Waterlooville
(3) Basingstoke vs. (4) Whitehawk

FEEDERS

Isthmian

- Congratulations to Maidstone (98), who are this year's Isthmian League champions!
- Playoffs:

(2) Hendon vs. (5) Enfield (and boy was that finish ever close!)
(3) Margate vs. (4) Dulwich

Southern

- Corby (94) edged Poole (91) 3-2 to take the Southern League championship.
- Playoffs:

(2) Poole vs. (5) St. Neots
(3) Truro vs. (4) Hungerford

Northern

- Playoffs:

(2) Workington vs. (5) Ilkeston :D
(3) Ashton United vs. (4) Curzon Ashton - ooh, rivalry!  :up:

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #297 on: April 26, 2015, 03:55:45 PM »
Once again great update, like I've said before I like keeping a eye on the others English leagues, so always like reading your updates & thoughts. :up:

Come on Southend!  :hide:

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #298 on: May 02, 2015, 10:44:10 PM »
Mini-update:

CHAMPIONSHIP

All said and done. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but Bournemouth (90) are the League Champions! This is their best-ever finish, and next season they'll play their first-ever season in the Prems after just their second-ever campaign in the Champs. Well done, lads! :up:

Joining them in automatic promotion are Watford (89). Playoffs are as follows:

(3) Norwich (86) vs. (6) Ipswich (78; and Ipswich only got on by goal diff!)
(4) Middlesbrough (84) vs. (5) Brentford (78)

As you've figured out, the finish was very close. Brentford only managed fifth by a single goal's difference (+19 vs. +18) over Ipswich, who in turn were four ahead (+18 vs. +14) of Wolverhampton. And the real killer is, Derby (77) could have passed every last one of them with a mere draw, and yet they got fried to the tune of 3-0 by lowly Reading. DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRP. 8D  Try not to choke next season, Derby, I actually somewhat like you.

LEAGUE ONE

Last game day is tomoz.

LEAGUE TWO

Well, SY won't be happy with this - Morecambe (63) played spoilers to Southend (84) and Bury (85) crept up to take the third auto-promo spot. Burton Albion (94) gutted out a 3-2 win over Cambridge U to take the League Two title over losers Shrewsbury (89), whose loss over Plymouth (71) served the double function of decisively sealing up a playoff spot for the victor (they would still have been in on goal differential over Luton (68), who beat Stevenage on closing day). Here's who's in the playoffs:

(4) Wycombe Wanderers (84, +22) vs. (7) Plymouth Argyle (71)
(5) Southend U (84, +16) vs. (6) Stevenage (72)

CONFERENCE PREMIER

Bristol Rovers goes into tomorrow's second leg with a 1-0 advantage over Forest Green, while Grimsby has a 2-1 lead over Eastleigh.

CONFERENCE NORTH AND SOUTH

The playoff semis are done. In the North, Fylde ended their year on an anticlimactic note, losing 3-1 on aggies (1-0 and 2-1) to Guiseley. Guiseley faces Chorley, who needed penalties (5-4) to get by Boston United after extra time ended with the aggregate score at 2-2. Good thing there was no away goal rule or Boston would've had it, as the two teams were scoreless in Boston.

As for the South, it'll be Boreham Wood vs. Whitehawk in the final. Boreham Wood went into the last leg with a 2-0 lead and won 4-2 over Havant & Waterlooville, while Whitehawk broke Basingstoke hearts with a 1-0 second-leg win to win 2-1 on aggies (the opener was a 1-1 draw).

FEEDERS

For whatever reason, the Isthmian playoffs have been postponed for now.  :buck2:  On the other hand, the Northern Prem League playoffs are already over, with Curzon Ashton edging Ilkeston 1-0 in the final after Ilkeston upset Workington by the same score in the semis (and Curzon Ashton also upset Ashton U by that score).

The Southern League final goes tomorrow. More 1-0 scores; Truro beat Hungerford by that scoreline while St. Neots upset Poole.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #299 on: May 03, 2015, 05:11:56 AM »
Yep the drama of the playoffs it will be for Southend. :-\

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?