SpursNetwork

January Transfer Window

Offline Spursx

• Season Ticket: Yes
Re: January Transfer Window
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2016, 08:08:17 PM »
Kane is going to have moments of dry spells, like the Leicester game. That is why we need a recognized striker to back him up. There is a load of speculations in the papers and media, but nothing concrete. Next season the league will get more money, and of course we will also get more money by finishing in the top 4, so a striker will be money well spent.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2016, 08:28:03 PM »
Kane is going to have moments of dry spells, like the Leicester game. That is why we need a recognized striker to back him up. There is a load of speculations in the papers and media, but nothing concrete. Next season the league will get more money, and of course we will also get more money by finishing in the top 4, so a striker will be money well spent.

You should meet with Daniel levi and tell him this!

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2016, 09:42:10 AM »

You should meet with Daniel levi and tell him this!

As mentioned by Poch, its another striker that we need, not a backup for Kane. Someone who can play with him, for example as was needed against Leicester when 1 striker obviously wasn't working. Having 4-2-3-1 as our only option is not enough.
All the best sides always had 2 strikers who played together.

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2016, 12:33:01 PM »
I can't imagine the manager will play two strikers up front all the time. If we get another striker then he will only be used when we need more fire power or to replace Kane.  :hide: :hide:

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2016, 01:49:25 PM »
I don't know what to make of the papers reporting the transfer window. One minute we are going to buy a certain player, then it is denied, then changed and then another player is foisted upon us. According to the press there are three players we are going after. But of course it is all paper talk to get you at it.

Jane x

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2016, 04:30:10 PM »
Could we see Gareth Bale back at Tottenham? According to leaked papers, obtained by “Football Leaks,” it says that Real Madrid are obliged to inform Spurs of any bid they receive from any Premier league club; and if they can match the buying price then he must go back to Spurs. The leaked papers also said that Real Madrid played more for the Spurs star than actually was stated by the press. As this document was supposed to be secret there is now an investigation to find out who leaked these details.

The question is; would Spurs want him back? Could they afford him and his wages?
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2016, 04:36:33 PM »
It seems Moussa Dembele, the Fulham striker, is on Spurs radar. Fulham has also asked that if Spurs should purchase him they want to loan him back until the end of the season. From Spurs point of view - if this is so - would be pointless as they would want him for cover. Still a long way to go - just over a week - before knowing who we've got, if anybody. There has been a lot of names thrown into the hat. Let us hope one of them we get.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Spursx

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2016, 07:17:18 PM »
A good player, let us hope we get him. But I don't agree that we should loan him back to Fulham. We need another striker, now, not at the end of the season.

Offline Spursx

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2016, 07:20:35 PM »
Even if we could afford him, will he accept Pochettino's role? Or does he think he has out grown us? I for one would love to see him back at Spurs, but I doubt it.

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2016, 09:20:20 AM »
I loved Gareth Bale when he was still here, and I still love him. And I still watch him play on TV. A great player. It would be great if he came back here, but I can't see it somehow. As for the Fulham striker, yes. I think he will fit in with our system and style :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2016, 12:19:19 PM »
1. We coudn't afford to buy Bale back, let alone pay his salary! and where would he fit in Poc's system?
Having said that, I would love to see him back at the Lane  :smitten:

2. The "other Moussa Dembele (Moussa with 2 ss) has several other options opened to him from France, Italy and even Germany, so that one, although very interesting, defo not in the bag yet!

3. There is a number of other names linked  to us that keep changing on a daily basis, too many and methinks that we will remain as we are after the window has closed, that is with Son coming in when Kane has a rest. Thats' not too bad imo.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2016, 01:33:26 PM »
 Shaquile Coulthirst has gone to Peterbrough, I didn't see him play in a Spurs shirt but I saw him play For Southend last season on he's loan spell. :up:

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2016, 02:07:53 PM »
1. We coudn't afford to buy Bale back, let alone pay his salary! and where would he fit in Poc's system?
Having said that, I would love to see him back at the Lane  :smitten:

2. The "other Moussa Dembele (Moussa with 2 ss) has several other options opened to him from France, Italy and even Germany, so that one, although very interesting, defo not in the bag yet!

3. There is a number of other names linked  to us that keep changing on a daily basis, too many and methinks that we will remain as we are after the window has closed, that is with Son coming in when Kane has a rest. Thats' not too bad imo.

Every time you read the paper a new name will pop up. At least there is just over a week to go before we are put out of our misery. We have a good squad at the moment, so we will have to wait and see.

Jane x

Offline StartingPrice

• Mark my words...summits gonna happen!
  • Hero: Mabbs
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2016, 11:21:57 PM »
I can't imagine the manager will play two strikers up front all the time. If we get another striker then he will only be used when we need more fire power or to replace Kane.  :hide: :hide:

It's funny, though - that was always my understanding of Poch, he wants players for his system and if you don't fit you don't get in (as evidenced by last summers' departures).

But in a recent interview, he was talking about only wanting exceptional players (he named Bale, Messi, Ronaldo). And he said that if he got a player like that he absolutely would play two up front and to hell with rigid formation adherence. Don't know if you saw it, sorry, haven't got a link.
If you can't change the World, change yourself...and if you can't change yourself, then, change the World.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2016, 03:54:13 PM »

It's funny, though - that was always my understanding of Poch, he wants players for his system and if you don't fit you don't get in (as evidenced by last summers' departures).

But in a recent interview, he was talking about only wanting exceptional players (he named Bale, Messi, Ronaldo). And he said that if he got a player like that he absolutely would play two up front and to hell with rigid formation adherence. Don't know if you saw it, sorry, haven't got a link.

I think he will pick the squad depending on his opponents. In some case he might need two up front.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do