SpursNetwork

Aiden McGeady

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
  • Season Ticket: No
Aiden McGeady
« on: March 23, 2011, 12:28:10 PM »
One for our Irish visitors to the site. And i guess as he was mentioned in the papers to us a few years back although i never fancied that ever happening myself.

He will be off from Moscow to Juventus in the summer it would appear. I admire people willing to do something out of the norm and experience other cultures and styles of football. Good luck to him.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
Re: Aiden McGeady
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 12:44:22 PM »
He was good at Celtic, wasn't he? A very good player but I think we have better. Good luck to him with the Old Lady.  :P

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
Re: Aiden McGeady
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 09:27:08 PM »
One for our Irish visitors to the site. And i guess as he was mentioned in the papers to us a few years back although i never fancied that ever happening myself.

He will be off from Moscow to Juventus in the summer it would appear. I admire people willing to do something out of the norm and experience other cultures and styles of football. Good luck to him.

Apparently Liverpool are very keen on him too...i think if he had to choose, Liverpool would be his prefered choice...but as you say fair play to the lad...he has taken a massive gamble with his career going to Moscow..so imo he deserves eveything that comes his way....i cant see us going back in for him tbh....we have better players at the club...thats not taking anything away from him...he was the best player in Scotland at the time he was with Cellick , hench his big money move to Moscow....he is doing very well there too by all accounts...he scored the winning goal to take Spartak Moscow into the last eight of the UEFA Cup...he's a good player but he can be frustrating at times...his first touch is not the best and he tends to lose the ball a lot...just like Aaron Lennon at times....but then again just like Lennon, he can be the best player on the pitch...i was down at Croke Park for the Ireland v Cyprus match , a world cup qualifying game, and he was the best player on the pitch...so i think we will do ok with what we have atm.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 09:29:17 PM by Derry-Yid »
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."