SpursNetwork

Football League + National League

Football League + Conference
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2007, 05:43:34 PM »
York City winning today all but guarantees them a playoff spot.

Shame Clayton Donaldson wont be here next season though, he's signed a pre contract agreement with hibs :fyou:

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2007, 06:49:06 PM »
:third: DAGENHAM AND REDBRIDGE FC! I go to some of their matches......they are awesome. I'm forever a Spurs supporter but Daggers are kinda local so I support them a bit ( not as much as the mighty Spurs! ). Going into League 2 aswell so it should be good for them.

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2007, 07:03:34 PM »
Haven't dagenham finished first and not third though? :taunt:

Might be York that gets to finish third this year.

Hopefully see you next year in league 2 :third:

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2007, 11:08:24 PM »
Oh right sorry about that I meant first, it was just a trophy smile i picked out on the list. Yep they have won the conference already and are heading to the Football League! I saw York City play at Dagenham earlier this season aswell! Hopefully they will follow Dagenham into the Football League! Oh and by the way your manager really yells at his players.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2007, 12:01:36 AM »
Quote from: keane on berbatov;4692
York City winning today all but guarantees them a playoff spot.

Still tight at the moment, but a draw should suffice. They're playing Oxford, though, so they should also be rooting for Rushden & Diamonds to beat Burton and/or for an impossible victory for Southport over Exeter. ;)

I'll wait until Monday to update the Championship table notes. By then WBA should have played their game in hand. Yes, it's worth delaying. :p

DIVISION ONE
(Two Matches Remain)

- a win or a Nott. Forest loss will put Bristol City into the Championship for next season.

- in the meantime, Forest and Blackpool have clinched playoff spots. Yeovil's looking good to make the playoffs, but it still isn't official yet. Oldham, Swansea and Carlisle are in for a nice 3-way dogfight! :D

- Chesterfield's not officially out yet, but it'd take a miracle for them to stay up at this point. Bradford pretty much has to win both games as well. Although the danger ceiling is 52 for relegation, I'd bet money on anyone above 50 staying up, especially given that a Bradford loss will mean another year in Division One for anyone with 51 or more points ;)

DIVISION TWO
(two matches remain for all but four teams)

- Hartlepool, Walsall and Swindon (well, pretty much :p) are all movin' on up, and all that's left to play for for those three is the division title. It's quite close, too.

- Milton Keynes and Lincoln have clinched playoff spots. Bristol Rovers actually have a better chance of promotion than Peterborough because of their game in hand, so keep your eyes on them! Rochdale, Darlington, Wycombe and Notts County still have a slim mathematical chance, beyond the math I can't see them doing anything.

- Torquay's hooped :p The danger ceiling is 51, so Bury, Accrington Stanley, Mansfield, Macclesfield and especially Wrexham are still in danger of going under.

CONFERENCE NATIONAL

- still some games in hand in important positions to be made up here, so I'll give it until Wednesday to update. DON'T LET ME FORGET THIS!

CONFERENCE NORTH

- Blyth and Hyde are finished their season and are out of the playoffs.
- Droylsden has clinched promotion.
- Workington and Hinckley have clinched playoff spots
- Whoever wins the Worcester-Harrogate match can take a playoff spot if Redditch beats Farsley. If Farsley draws with Redditch, Worcester's out but Harrogate can still get a spot if they win. If Farsley wins... well... you get the picture. :D

CONFERENCE SOUTH

- this week is going to be nuts for Eastbourne and Newport - three matches in six days! :wacko: But Newport mathematically can still finish as high as second.

- Lewes' schedule came back to bite them in the arse and they're out of playoff contention.

- Good news for Basingstoke and Hayes fans. Thurrock, the team in the last red-zone spot who is trying to catch you, plays first-place Histon on Tuesday ;) Weston is hooped, too. Bad news for Basingstoke fans, though - their last match is against 2nd-place Salisbury and Thurrock's is against mid-table Sutton. So the odds aren't in your favour, but you can still pull through :D

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2007, 10:08:00 PM »
I'm gutted to see Craig Mackail-Smith score again for Peterborough as he left Dagenham for them in January. I saw him at Dagenham and he was class. I bet he could play well in the Championship. If we could have kept him until the summer we could have got a lot more money for him. Anyway I'm going to Dagenham on Saturday and it's going to be a party and the club have hired an open top bus!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2007, 10:56:10 PM »
So the games in hand are aside in Championship now, so here's the update:

- Birmingham went top again yesterday with a win against Wolverhampton, but there are only two points separating first from third, so it's going to be a FRANTIC finish to the Championship. ME LIKEY!! :D

- the playoff race is also going to be frantic, as places 4-10 could all end up in position. So any three of Preston, West Brom, Wolverhampton, Southampton, Stoke, Colchester or Sheffield Wednesday can make the playoffs. Cardiff's not officially out, but their chances are worse than me getting a date with Leelee Sobieski :p

- Hull didn't do much to help their cause back on Saturday, all they got was a draw, so they're only one clear of Leeds, meaning they have to keep pace with them EXACTLY if they're going to stay up.

More updates tomorrow. :D (League Two, Conference National, North and South)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 11:00:39 PM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2007, 10:39:11 PM »
Update time :D

DIVISION TWO

HUGE wins by Bristol and Wrexham today. By no means are the latter out of danger, but it gives them a step on Macclesfield and Accrington Stanley, and more importantly, on Boston.

For Bristol, it was huge because they are now keeping the pressure on Shrewsbury and Stockport, and to a lesser degree, on Lincoln.
The playoff race should heat up in these last two games!

CONFERENCE NATIONAL

Today's results drastically changed the face of the table as both Grays and Halifax recorded wins, pushing Altrincham into the red zone (YEEEEEEEAH! :D) In a lesser result, Rushden & Diamonds beat Northwich 1-0.

So here's the deal:

- Northwich and Stevenage have a match tomorrow after which the game-at-hand worries are over. Stevenage MUST win this to stay alive in the playoff race. And even if they do win, they have Gravesend & Northfleet and Burton Albion ahead of them.

- only one team has officially clinched a playoff spot, and that's Oxford. In certain circumstances, any three of Morecambe, York, Exeter, Burton, Gravesend, and Stevenage can end up in the other three spots.

- after the last set of games, Southport and Tamworth are officially relegated. Obviously with one left, Altrincham a) has to win and b) is probably hoping that someone loses along the way.

CONFERENCE NORTH

- I was wrong about Hinckley having clinched before, but it's true now after they destroyed Lancaster 5-0. :p

- Workington on the other hand had indeed clinched, but they padded said berth with a draw against first-place Droylsden.

- Redditch are still in danger, albeit not by very much with only a game left. All they have to do is make sure their goal diff is higher than Worksop's and they're fine.

- forgot to mention that Scarborough's hooped :p

CONFERENCE SOUTH

- a few matches today, some with real importance - Eastbourne beat Newport to keep their playoff hopes afloat, while Bishop's Stortford squandered a chance to pull further away from those outside-looking-in teams, managing only a draw against Eastleigh, and Histon whooped Thurrock, which is good news for Basingstoke and Hayes fans. Havant & Waterlooville could have clinched a playoff spot with a win, but they only got a draw.

- Eastbourne and Newport both play their "evening-up" matches on Thursday.

And now for some even lower news - Hampton & Richmond are only a win away from automatic promotion!! EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :D

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2007, 01:47:33 AM »
Well, Bishop's Stortford have paid for not putting a playoff spot in the bag as Newport have momentarily bumped them from the fourth and final playoff spot in the Conference South. Eastbourne are very much alive, too, as they up-ended Bognor Regis 2-0.

Matches to pay attention to this Saturday (last day of Conference regular-season matches):

CONFERENCE NATIONAL

Playoff hopefuls:

-> York City vs. Oxford - huge match for York, time to seal the playoff deal! If they lose, they can still be ousted.
-> Morecambe vs. Grays - Morecambe only needs a draw to clinch a playoff spot, but Grays needs a win to stay clear of relegation!
-> Exeter vs. Southport - you'd think Exeter would win against already-relegated Southport, eh? :p If they don't, that leaves the door open for two teams behind them!
-> Dags 'n' Reds vs. G 'n' N - the champs against the most desperate playoff hunters. This should prove interesting. :D
-> Burton Albion vs. Rushden & Diamonds - if Burton wins this, they could topple both Exeter and York, depending on how everyone else does.

Bottom-feeders:

-> Altrincham vs. Aldershot - Altrincham MUST win to stay in the Conference National. That said, GO ALDERSHOT!!:gun1:
-> Crawley vs. Kidderminster - if not for the 10-point ding on Crawley, this would be a match of teams with identical win-draw-loss records, but Crawley needs to win this to be sure to stay up.
-> Stafford vs. Forest Green - the Rangers are only two points behind FGFC, but the fact is, they're the one with more to lose from this match as they could easily go under if they lose or even draw - their goal differential is worse than Altrincham, and in a league where that's the determining factor, they ought to be worried, especially after their collapse of late.
-> Cambridge vs. Tamworth - this has to be a win for Cambridge U or they're hooped. But unless Stafford does something huge, if these two get the same result, they're safe.
-> Halifax vs. Stevenage - Halifax needs to win just like the rest, and they probably have the toughest opponent of the five.

(you saw the Grays match earlier ;)

The combination of results is endless, but of the six teams at the bottom, only one is going to go down. Of course, anything less than a win from Altrincham and they're history.

Saturday's gonna be great :D

CONFERENCE NORTH

Playoff hunters:

-> Worcester vs. Harrogate - Worcester has to hope everyone else loses to get in, and they have to win their match against playoff hunt rivals Harrogate. Their goal differential is superior to Farsley's, which is all that matters to them besides the final outcome of the other squads' matches.
-> Droylsden vs. Hyde - Hyde have superior goal-diff to Worcester, but they also have a far tougher opponent in top-side Droylsden, who are already going up to the Conference National. Hyde needs to play desperate football to even draw this match, let alone to win it (which is what they have to do to make the playoffs)
-> Blyth Spartans vs. Hinckley - another match against a superior opponent, albeit not by as much. This match is winnable, and a win will knock out Worcester and Hyde immediately, regardless of how anyone else does.
-> Farsley vs. Redditch - the side with the lowest goal-diff just happens to have the easiest opponent on paper. Given that they won't be relegated regardless of the result because Leigh and Worksop can't both win, Redditch may well just play dead. But they might not, either ;)

Bottom-feeders:

Worksop vs. Leigh - perhaps Redditch doesn't need to worry quite so much given that the result of this determines what the relegation picture looks like. If there's a loser, the loser goes down. If there isn't, Worksop goes down. Simple as that.

CONFERENCE SOUTH

Playoff-hunters:

-> Havant & Waterlooville vs. Fisher - H&W only really need a draw to get the playoff spot, lest Newport and Braintree both win and Bishop's Stortford win by an impossible score :p If they lose to Fisher, on the other hand, the race opens WAY up and they could well be KO-ed by the same three teams.

-> Braintree vs. Eastbourne - if there's a winner to this match, then surely the winner will be in the playoffs. That said, a draw could well eliminate both teams. It's that close! A Braintree win means a definite playoff spot, while an Eastbourne win has all these subject-tos attached :p

-> Newport vs. Cambridge City - Newport has a good chance here, but they have to take advantage or they're going to be on the outside looking in if Bishop's Stortford registers points! Nothing really in this for CCFC.

-> Bishop's Stortford vs. Lewes - they sit back of the final playoff spot by mere goal differential, so these guys have their work cut out for them against Lewes, who, while being eight points back, could still play party-poopers. A draw will only be good enough if Newport loses.

-> Welling vs. Hayes - they're the ultimate long-shot, but Welling can still make the playoffs if Newport, Bishop's Stortford, and Eastbourne all lose, which would also clinch Braintree and H&W their playoff spots. Hayes has its own agenda, though - they have inferior goal diff to Basingstoke, so if Thurrock wins their match, guess this - who's first in line if Hayes and Basingstoke both lose?

Bottom-feeders:

-> Basingstoke vs. Salisbury - a must-win for Basingstoke, but they're on the road, and against the only team that has actually clinched a playoff spot. Again, desperate football is needed. No messing around, no foul trouble, just good, quick football.

-> Thurrock vs. Sutton - all Thurrock needs a draw should Hayes lose against Welling, which given Welling's potential for a last-gasp playoff push, will probably happen. But just to be on the safe side, they should go for the win. Because if they lose or draw, and Hayes wins, their season's toast because of Basingstoke's superior goal differential. The only way Basingstoke can be eliminated is if both Hayes and Thurrock get superior results.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2007, 09:42:05 PM »
Daggers 2-1 Fleet. Two goals from Ben Strevens ended a terrific year for Dagenham. I went and there was a big party at the ground afterward for the Champions! Bring on League Two!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2007, 09:03:32 PM »
The rundown on Conference:

CONFERENCE NATIONAL:

Promoted: Dagenham & Redbridge FC
Playoff: Oxford United, Morecambe FC, York City, Exeter City
Relegated: Altrincham, Tamworth, Southport, St. Albans

CONFERENCE NORTH:

Promoted: Droylsden FC
Playoffs: Kettering Town, Workington FC, Hinckley United, Farsley Celtic
Relegated: Scarborough FC, Worksop Town, Lancaster City

CONFERENCE SOUTH

Promoted: Histon FC
Playoffs: Salisbury City, Braintree Town, Havant & Waterlooville, Bishop's Stortford
Relegated: Hayes FC, Weston-super-Mare, Bedford Town

Some playoff first leg results, too!

NORTH

Farsley 1 Kettering 1
Hinckley 0 Workington 0

SOUTH

Stortford 1 Salisbury 1
H&W 1 Braintree 1

I'm waiting until tomorrow for the League to wrap up before I do anything else :p
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 09:08:57 PM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2007, 08:40:51 PM »
Final results rundown from The Football League:

CHAMPIONSHIP

Promoted to Premiership: Sunderland (champs), Birmingham
Playoffs: Derby, West Bromwich, Wolverhampton, Southampton (and NOT PRESTON NORTH END!!:rock: )
Relegated: Leeds (who went into administration and were dinged 10 points right at the last minute, not that it mattered), Southend U, Luton

DIVISION ONE

Promoted: S****horpe (champs), Bristol City
Playoffs: Blackpool, Nott. Forest, Yeovil, Oldham Ath. (Kier'll be happy about this :D)
Relegated: Chesterfield, Bradford, Rotherham, Brentford

DIVISION TWO

Promoted: Walsall (champs!! :cool::yeeha:), Hartlepool, Swindon
Playoffs: Milton Keynes, Lincoln, Bristol Rovers, Shrewsbury (man oh man, Stockport must be feeling like they got shafted - if the first tie-breaker was wins instead of goal-diff, they'd be through!)
Relegated: Torquay, Boston
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 10:23:22 PM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2007, 04:27:48 AM »
CONFERENCE PLAYOFF RESULTS:

NORTH: Farsley Celtic promoted, def. Hinckley 4-3
SOUTH: Salisbury promoted, def. Braintree 1-0
NATIONAL: Exeter plays Morecambe on Sunday (my birthday :p)

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2007, 09:28:11 PM »
LEAGUE PLAYOFF FINALS:

CHAMPIONSHIP: Derby vs. West Brom (COME ON YOU RAMS!!!)
DIVISION ONE: Blackpool vs. Yeovil
DIVISION TWO: Bristol Rovers vs. Shrewsbury

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2007, 02:25:21 AM »
Just a quick update, Morecambe is in League next season as they beat Exeter 2-1 in the final.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!