SpursNetwork

Spurs 0-1 RB Leipzig

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Spurs 0-1 RB Leipzig
« on: February 18, 2020, 06:04:03 PM »
Tottenham Hotspur 0-1 RB Leipzig 19 February, Wednesday at the Tottenham Stadium.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 10:19:30 AM by Glenn R »
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Spurs 0-1 RB Leipzig
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 10:20:12 AM »
Spurs 0 Leipzig 1
I started off the game being optimistic, yes, we lost but I thought there were some positives. If it wasn’t for the clumsy tackle in the penalty area, we could have got away with a draw.
Even though they had most of the possession, we kept battling along. And we missed quite a few fair chances. It isn’t over, and I can understand that they will think they’ve got it in the bag, but just remember Ajax.
Yes, we face a gruelling task to keep our Champions League hopes alive after our defeat at home by the East German side in the first leg of their last-16 tie, but it can be done. Be positive that is my motto… besides, what else have we got left?
A masterclass from our goalkeeper Hugo Lloris that gave us hope for the second leg in Germany, keeping Leipzig at bay with a string of outstanding saves before he was beaten by Timo Werner's 58th-minute penalty. Lloris turned Angelino's shot on to the bar and saved from Werner inside the first minute, later denying the striker once more from point-blank range. Nevertheless, he was helpless to stop Werner's spot-kick after Ben Davies fouled Konrad Laimer but kept Spurs in it with a crucial block from Patrik Schick.
After the break, we had chances of our own, with Leipzig keeper Peter Gulacsi turning Giovani Lo Celso's free-kick on to the post and Lucas Moura heading over from close range.
Now we must put all that behind us and concentrate on the Chelsea game on Saturday. Think positive, think Tottenham. To Dare is to Do. COYS!
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.