GROUP C: Faroe Islands, Estonia, Slovenia, NORTHERN IRELAND, Serbia, Italy

GROUP D: Luxembourg, Albania, Belarus, Bosnia, Romania, France

GROUP E: San Marino, Moldova, Hungary, Finland, Sweden, Netherlands

GROUP F: Malta, Georgia, Latvia, Israel, Greece, Croatia

GROUP G: Montenegro,WALES, Bulgaria, Switzerland, ENGLAND

GROUP H: Iceland, Cyprus, Norway, Denmark, Portugal

GROUP I: Liechtenstein, Lithuania, SCOTLAND, Czech Republic, Spain

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Euro 2012 qualifying draw
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 10:39:04 PM »
Group A: Two horse race between Germany and Turkey really. Belgium has improved from their dreadful WC 2006 qualifying run, but as WC 2010 qualifying showed, they still don't have what it takes. Austria, Azerbaijan, and Kazakhstan all suck. :P

Group B: Split evenly down the middle between haves and have-nots. Russia get Slovakia, who almost cruised through (were given a scare late by Slovenia, who beat Russia as well), and also Ireland, who got shafted out of the World Cup by Thierry Handballry. That said, Macedonia, Armenia, and Andorra are all of far lower quality.

Group C: This could get interesting if everyone plays their best football. On paper, one would favour Italy and Serbia, but Northern Ireland is never to be underestimated, and Slovenia did make the World Cup cleanly, something France can't claim. Group of Death? Potentially.

Group D: Another group split roughly down the middle. The reason I say roughly is that Belarus, Albania (complete with former Canadian U-20 player Blerim Rrustemi) and Luxembourg are all rather poor, while on paper, France, Romania, and even Bosnia are good. I figure, though, that unless Romania smartens the hell up from their dismal WC quals (they finished fifth in their group ahead of only the Faeroes) that France will probably win the group and Bosnia will go to the playoffs.

Group E: This one's a no-brainer. The Netherlands will win. Sweden should take second, but if Finland and/or Hungary plays their best football, it will be close. Finland did quite well in a tough group (with Germany and Russia advancing) despite not making the Cup, while Hungary kept it close with Sweden and Portugal right up to the end. Who are the other two, you ask?  Two of the worst teams in Europe - San Marino and Moldova. :P

Group F: Croatia is probably still butthurt enough over losing out to Ukraine at the last second in qualifiers, so they'll be chomping at the bit to go out there and do well. Greece is good as well, as boring as they can be at times, and with Latvia and Israel in the same group AGAIN (the three teams were all together in WC quals) I'm expecting a close race for the playoff spot in much the same manner. Georgia and Malta are no-hopers.

Group G: England should win. I honestly hope the mind-numbingly boring Swiss don't beat the Bulgarians out for second, but if Bulgaria plays like they did in WC quals, they will lose. I'm not holding out hope for Wales, and Montenegro... well this is their first Euro qualifying tourney since they gained independence, so they'll bow out as well.

Group H: It'll come down to the Portugimps and Denmark here. I honestly hope Denmark wins, but Portugal can never be written off. Iceland and Cyprus can, though, and Norway isn't much better.

Group I: Spain will win. No question about it. The Czechs choked royally in quals and barely ended up third (MWAHAHA), while Scotland and Lithuania might challenge the Czechs a little but are as nothing when stacked up against Spain. Liechtenstein's gonna get raped in this group.

My predictions for winners:

Germany, Slovakia, Italy, France, Netherlands, Croatia, England, Portugal, Spain, Denmark (best 2nd place)

Playoffs:

Turkey, Russia, Serbia, Bosnia, Sweden, Greece, Switzerland, Czech Republic

Who I WANT to win/make the playoffs:

GROUP A: Germany/don't care
GROUP B: Ireland/Slovakia
GROUP C: Serbia/Slovenia
GROUP D: Bosnia/France
GROUP E: Netherlands/Finland
GROUP F: Croatia/Israel
GROUP G: England/Bulgaria
GROUP H: Denmark/don't care
GROUP I: Spain/Scotland

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 11:57:22 PM »
Sticky please.

Okay, here's some rundown for each group thus far:

GROUP A

Germany has been an utter juggernaut thus far, which was pretty much expected in this group. What I didn't expect was for Austria to actually come to play, even though the best team they've played has been Belgium. I'm not holding out any hope for them actually making the tournament, with Turkey still having not yet played them, which will happen next March.

Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan have lived up to expectations, or lack thereof. A surprising exception, though, was a 1-0 victory over Turkey in spite of being outshot and outplayed.

GROUP B

This group is really close right now. The main surprise has been Armenia, who has played surprisingly well, keeping Ireland close (losing 1-0) and beating Slovakia 3-1. Russia are top by two over Ireland, Slovakia, and Armenia, having lost to Slovakia and beaten Macedonia, Ireland (albeit barely, 3-2), and Andorra, who has been true to usual form, losing every match thus far :P

GROUP C

As much as I don't like Italy's team, I'm glad they were awarded the victory against Serbia. Seriously, people talk about England having the worst hooligans in the world? Pff. Try the Former Yugoslavia, especially Serbia, Croatia, and Montenegro. If it isn't racism, it's stuff like the crap they pulled against Italy.

Between Italy and the last-place Faeroes, things tighten up. Although the Serbs were given a loss in controversial fashion, they are still just a win behind 2nd-place Slovenia. 3rd-place Estonia has been surprising - I mean come on, who would expect the normally defensive Estonians to beat Serbia, a far superior offensive team on paper, 3-1? Northern Ireland could easily have been second by now if not for a surprise draw from the Faeroes. I'm telling you, Jákup Mikkelssen still has something left in the tank! They should go with him instead of Gunnar Nielsen.

GROUP D

1st-place France and last-place Luxembourg aside, this group has me thinking I'm looking at it upside down. Bosnia and Herzegovina, who made it to the playoff stage of WC quals, is fourth in the group, and Romania is second from bottom with a measly 2 points. On the other hand, Belarus are second by a point, having beaten France. That said, they drew Luxembourg, which is kinda sad. Albania's doing quite well, having only lost to Romania. This group could be closer than first expected if it keeps up like this!

GROUP E

Netherlands has been unstoppable. No surprise there. Hungary is second from top. Sweden's looking okay, having only lost to the aforemention Dutchies. So is all as expected? Not quite. Finland, who finished third in their WC qualifying group, have looked piss-poor thus far. They will get a free three against perennial basement-dwellers San Marino on 17 November, but after that they had better smarten up or I'm going to start calling for their manager's head on a platter!

GROUP F

Closest group of the lot. Four points separate first (Greece) from fifth (Latvia), and the top three sides (Greece, Croatia, and surprisingly, Georgia) all have yet to lose. I don't expect that to change on 17 November, when Croatia takes on sad-sack Malta. Things will get interesting come March, though, when Croatia plays Georgia...

GROUP G

If I told you that Montenegro would be top of the group at the start, I'd get laughed at and called names like you wouldn't believe. But as things sit now, the Montenegrins, having played one more game than anyone else, sit top. England will have a chance to even things up come March against the Welsh, as both the Swiss and the Bulgarians have been nothing short of a disappointment. I'm kinda chuffed that the Swiss are playing crap right now, because their style of football is boring. :P

Two-horse race at the moment, which was anything but expected, especially the fact that horse #2 was Montenegro :lol:

GROUP H

I don't think I've seen Norway play this well in over fifteen years! The high-flying Scandinavians have had an injection of youth into the system, and it has them ahead of the Portugimps in spite of having played one less match. Portugal is looming just two back, but Denmark could push them to third in March with a win over the same Norwegians, considering the Portuguese Diving Squad doesn't play in that set of matches.

Cyprus and Iceland have been expectedly pathetic, but the Cypriots did get a point against Portugal.

GROUP I

Spain is looking the juggernaut at the moment, even though Scotland did give them a scare. The Czechs are second at the moment but play Spain in March, and if they can't beat Lithuania while playing at home, there's no way they're going to beat Spain, who bulldozed those same Lithuanians 3-1, on their turf. Scotland and Lithuania are joint third, and both have their bragging rights. I suppose only time will tell which of these will do better. Liechtenstein has been crap, as expected. :P

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 12:22:03 AM »
Ah hello mate, havent seen you post for a while. Havent taken notice of the euros latley. I did hear about Italy tho.

I have put a sticky for you mate.  :up:

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 01:40:12 AM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sporadic these days. Starting my Master's in January, so will probably be even more sporadic, but I'll come around and post if Spurs do something big like beat Inter. Also when Euro qualifiers are on. ;)

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 04:36:05 AM »
lolgravedig. :P

Scores from the last couple days:

Belgium 2 Austria 0
Serbia 2 N. Ireland 1
Italy 1 Slovenia 0
France 2 Luxembourg 0
Netherlands 4 Hungary 0
Spain 2 Czechs 1
Germany 4 Kazakhstan 0
Russia 0 Armenia 0
Slovakia 1 Andorra 0
Ireland 2 Macedonia 1
Bosnia 2 Romania 1
Albania 1 Belarus 0
Israel 2 Latvia 1
Greece 1 Malta 0
Iceland 0 Cyprus 0
Norway 1 Denmark 1
Georgia 1 Croatia 0

WTF-worthy scores bolded

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 07:12:25 AM »
Georgia 1 - 0 Croatia ?
That's pretty WTF worthy.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 01:03:10 AM »
Especially when you consider when the goal was scored on the only shot they had in the game. :lol:

Greece and Slovakia both won, but not by as much as they should have. Russia should have beaten Armenia on paper, but you know what they say :P

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 04:33:34 AM »
Turkey 2 Austria 0 - Expected/10
Belgium 4 Azerbaijan 1 - looks like Belgium might actually have a shot!
Estonia 1 Serbia 1 - Vassiljev's late goal denied Serbia their revenge.
N. Ireland 0 Slovenia 0 - what is this I don't even...
Romania 3 Luxembourg 1 - Come on, it's Luxembourg. Almost everyone beats them. :P
Sweden 2 Moldova 1 - not as close as the score would imply - Sweden had a 2-goal lead until the second minute of stoppage time.
Netherlands 5 Hungary 3 - more like a hockey score! Kuyt made all the difference for the Oranje.
Israel 1 Georgia 0 - so lemme get this straight... Georgia can beat Croatia, but they can't beat Israel?  :o
Czechs 2 Liechtenstein 0 - meh. Same as Romania beating Luxembourg. Plus Milan Bawwwwwwwwwwroš scored.  ::)
Spain 3 Lithuania 1 - the simple fact Lithuania even scored is a miracle. :P

Will do a table rundown later.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 04:42:43 AM »
Group A - I called it. Austria is starting to slip, while Belgium and Turkey are pulling away. No one is gonna catch the Germans, though.
Group B - Wacky group is wacky. Russia, Slovakia, and Ireland are in a three-way logjam at the top in the points, and Armenia is only two back.
Group C - Still in limbo with regards to the battle for second. The fact that both matches from this group were draws didn't help one bit. Italy seems to have a death grip on first.
Group D - France seems to be pulling away up top, with Albania, Belarus, and Bosnia (some would say Romania, but they're only close because they beat Luxembourg :P) in an epic struggle for second.
Group E - one more Dutch win and they're guaranteed at least the playoffs. Also, I called Sweden passing Hungary, even though I thought the Dutch would beat Hungary more soundly than they did. Finland should pass Moldova in June since they're playing San Marino.
Group F - boy did Georgia ever blow it. They could've used their momentum from their upset of Croatia to claim top, but instead they let Israel get their foot more firmly in the door. This group is going to be VERY close.
Group G - The Swiss and Bulgarians have disappointed, with the real challenge to England coming in the form of surprising Montenegro, who have come out of nowhere now after having been minnows for the first stretch of their independent FIFA existence.
Group H - Norway are doing surprisingly well at this point, sitting top with ten, while the Danes and the Portuguese are having it out for second. It would make my year if Norway beats Portugal in Portugal come June.
Group I - pretty much the expected results. Spain is top, Czechs are second, and the other teams are left lagging.

Next matches for this are at the beginning of June.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 04:48:39 AM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 09:48:44 PM »
9 days until the next match, so I'll do a quick group update.

GROUP A: Germany's practically locked up first with a perfect record to date, as Belgium can't catch them with only three matches left (and Germany 10 points ahead), and Turkey with four matches left (and eleven points behind the Germans) will join them if they lose or draw any of their remaining matches. So the real battle, IMO, will be for the playoff spot, mainly between Turkey and Belgium, maybe Austria if they can beat someone NOT named Kazakhstan or Azerbaijan :P

GROUP B: This is going to be a wild finish, with Russia, Slovakia, and Ireland all knotted at 13 points apiece (Ireland is the official leader by goal differential). The next three matchdays are going to be real crackers, as two of these three meet up against one another in each one:

2 September: Ireland vs. Slovakia
6 September: Ireland vs. Russia
7 October: Russia vs. Slovakia

Also, I'm sure all three are keeping their eyes on Armenia as well. Although the Hayastanis are five behind, they did beat Slovakia 3-1 earlier in the group stage. ;) Andorra are no-hopers at this point, plus Macedonia are crap against the three up top, so they won't do anything special.

GROUP C: The only group in which there is an August match (Northern Ireland plays the Faeroes next Wednesday), it isn't like that match matters too much except to get the cockeyed sked back on track. :P Italy seems to have this group somewhat under control, but they haven't locked up first by any means. Slovenia is only five back, so any slip-up by the Azzurri might be an opportunity for them to sneak into first. I am interested, however, to see how the battle for second pans out. Serbia has begun to build momentum, however their fans have been barred from seeing away games in the tournament after extreme hooliganism by their fans forced their Italy match to be thrown out (they also played a home match against Northern Ireland behind closed doors). According to UEFA, the federations and police of each remaining nation (Northern Ireland and Slovenia) have the right to refuse seats to Serbian fans. Now pretty much everyone still has a shot at second, but with the Faeroes only having three matches left, if they lose, they're mathematically screwed. A Northern Irish win would mean Serbia would really have to up the ante in Belfast on 2 September as well, as such a win would put the Norn Iron ahead of the Orlovi by a single point with the same number of matches played. At the same time, it would put additional pressure on Slovenia to beat Estonia in Ljubljana, since Northern Ireland would be within two points. It really is a complicated group!

GROUP D: This group could really get interesting. Luxembourg is the only team that is out of any sort of contention at the moment, and any one of the other five teams could finish top. With France struggling a little bit (especially against Belarus), Belarus having the best tournament of any sort they've had since becoming independent, Bosnia being very hit-or-miss but still looking dangerous, Romania finally starting to bounce back from a sad-sack start, and Albania starting strong but seeming to fizzle out, it's anyone's guess as to how things go. One thing is sure, the matches on 2 September are vital. Romania has an easy three points (or at least, what should be an easy three points) against Luxembourg, but the remaining matches - Belarus vs. Bosnia and Albania vs. France - are going to be classic.

GROUP E: With Finland and Moldova both sorely lagging and the Dutch practically guaranteed three points against Europe's perennial punching bags, aka San Marino, who haven't even scored a single goal, the only match really worth watching in the next set of matches is Sweden vs. Hungary, which might ultimately determing whether or not Sweden finishes second given that there hasn't been a single draw in the group to date. If Finland loses against Moldova again, expect their manager to be sacked.

GROUP F: back-to-back losses against Croatia and Israel have put a dent in Georgia's hopse for qualification, as they now sit four back of both those teams and five back of first-place Greece. But by no means are they out. Georgia can put EURO 2004 entrants Latvia out of commission with a win on 2 September, but with Croatia playing minnowy Malta, chances are good that it won't matter quite so much. Israel vs. Greece is going to be a great outing. If the Israelis were to win that, a whole new dynamic would be injected into the group.

GROUP G: Switerzerland has the next set of games off, although I'm thinking they wish they didn't. England has the tougher of the two matchups relative to main group rivals Montenegro - they have Bulgaria while the Black-Mountainers have the only team in the group with no points, Wales. But I still think there's a good chance the top two spots will remain even in points after 2 September.

GROUP H: It seems like the next set of matches will be obvious results, with the Portugimps playing Cyprus and Norway playing Iceland. However, Cyprus drew Portugal at home, 4-4, last time the two teams met. If the Portuguese play as poorly in a month as they did back then, they can kiss first place goodbye. The real match to look forward to, though, is Denmark vs. Norway on 6 September.

GROUP I: Spain seems to have this in the bag. They're six clear of the Czechs, and can actually clinch first place without even playing - if the Czechs lose against Scotland, that's it for their chances of first place (and it would make my year :P I can't stand that diving eejit Milan Baroš) and also gives Scotland a chance at second.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 11:12:04 PM »
N. Ireland 4 Faeroes 0 - huge win for Northern Ireland. They now sit third, one ahead of Serbia and two behind Slovenia.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!