SpursNetwork

Sepp Blatter

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
Sepp Blatter
« on: November 19, 2011, 10:30:08 AM »
I have little doubt everyone knows what he recently said regarding racism in football. Basically his quote was "what is said on the pitch should stay on the pitch, and there isn't anything that can't be sorted with a hand shake after the final whistle". I don't claim to be one of his fans, however on this occasion I totally agree.

The press in the UK have had a hay day regarding this subject, but why is it our European cousins don't seam to be bothered by the whole thing. Why is it when John Terry allegedly called Anton Ferdinand a black "c" that this was considered a racist remark. I agree that surely it is an abusive remark, but as he is black, what makes it racist ?

Guss Poyet was on Talksport yesterday backing up Sueraz. He said that in most other countries racism isn't taken so seriously, and we should give players more time to adapt to the British culture. I would whole hardheartedly agree with this comment, as lets face it, the British media is absolutely obsessed with anything that may vaguely be considered racist. What ever happened to the term sticks and stones may break my bones .............?

I for one believe that some people from so called ethnic minorities should have their chips surgically removed from their shoulders, and Liberals should get a life. That doesn't mean I condone genuine discrimination, it just means I believe we would all live together in harmony if so many people weren't so bloody sensitive !!
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Sepp Blatter
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 11:27:08 AM »
I think Blatter is an idiot and his comments poorly thought out. I think what John terry is alleged to have said is a disgrace also if he did say such things. However the whole racism thing has become a very sensitive issue for people who can be accused of racism with the slightest remark or comment made to people of colour. This is not the case for white people. I was watching a low budget horror movie the other night and watched a character in the film refer to a white cop as a stupid ass white boy or words to that effect. I wondered if the film had the white man refer to the other in this fashion how the media would receive such comments. Thats if the censorship board allowed them to get that far.

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 12:34:31 PM »
Racism does seem to be a one way street, and in Britain we do seem to be a bit more sensitive to it than the rest of the world. Our media seem ready to jump up and down at the slightest thing and it can only be a matter of time until we get the stories about Xmas decorations being banned for fear off upsetting some mythical religious faction. I know plenty of Muslims and none of them are even vaguely offended by Xmas. I truly believe it is White Liberals who are responsible for this hysteria. The pathetic nannys who made up a large percentage of the last Labour Government who so delighted in trying to interfere in every aspect of our lives from what we ate to how we should think. They have managed to make even a discussion of race issues a racist act. And we all now live in fear of the pointing finger.     

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 02:59:05 PM »
Racism does seem to be a one way street, and in Britain we do seem to be a bit more sensitive to it than the rest of the world. Our media seem ready to jump up and down at the slightest thing and it can only be a matter of time until we get the stories about Xmas decorations being banned for fear off upsetting some mythical religious faction. I know plenty of Muslims and none of them are even vaguely offended by Xmas. I truly believe it is White Liberals who are responsible for this hysteria. The pathetic nannys who made up a large percentage of the last Labour Government who so delighted in trying to interfere in every aspect of our lives from what we ate to how we should think. They have managed to make even a discussion of race issues a racist act. And we all now live in fear of the pointing finger.     

And who can argue with any of that ?
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 03:53:51 PM »
Gus Poyet maybe not aware of other countries stance on racism at other countries grounds as illustrated in the below article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2007642/Shame-Russian-football-racist-fans-throw-bananas-Brazilian-superstar-Roberto-Carlos.html

However agree with the "one way street" , do not hear of many incidents where coloured players have proceedings against them  for racially abusing white players and hey they do in their own way!!!
JT should know better if he did say what he is supposed to say and expect the worst.
Youngsters that look at him as a figurehead image will follow his example.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 11:36:06 AM »
Whole thing is a storm in a tea cup being swilled violently round by the British goody goody pure and innocent media (no phone hacking going on there then).

True racism is a terrible thing and cannot be condoned by any colour be it white, black, brown, yellow etc etc..... but a throw away remark made in the heat of a sporting arena please take it for what it is an irrational reponse to a pressurised situation !!!

Although I think Sepp Blatter is a baffoon at best and should step down, and not just because of this recent incident, he is probably right in a warped kind of a way, once you leave the arena things should be left there and forgotten.
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline OL'BOLTY

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 04:28:11 PM »
Tokyo Sexwale.....now THAT'S a name! :nods:
EL PRESIDENTE