SpursNetwork

FIFA Corruption. We're all shocked!

Offline aspursfan

• Season Ticket: No
FIFA Corruption. We're all shocked!
« on: May 26, 2011, 03:14:39 AM »
What a f**king joke this all is. These people have been treated like f**king godlike beings for so long. It makes me f**king sick and the worst thing about this is the theatrical surprise. They shutdown international airports for these corrupt s**theads. Can you even imagine the "gifts" and vague expense reports for FIFA? Blatter needs to resign. Even if these corruption claims come to nothing, that doesn't cover up the fact that they've already found FIFA members guilty of it and it's paraded in front of us with the unbelievable bidding process. You would think they were appeasing Cleopatra during the WC bids. This needs to change.

End of rant.

"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: FIFA Corruption. We're all shocked!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 07:53:02 AM »
I won't even start posting my hate for FIFA and that fat cnt because I'll probably be banned. Lets just post this and laugh:

Spettacolare volo di Sepp Blatter (hahaha)
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 09:16:06 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if everyone implicated in this fiasco was found guilty of wrongdoing - bin Hammam, Sepp Blowhard, and that anti-Canadian douchebag Jack W**ker alike. :P

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 11:26:06 AM »
We now know FIFA is corrupt, we have always suspected it anyway. What happens now is the question ? Do the 2 World Cups given to Russia and Qatar get re-assigned to another bidder ? Or does it go ahead as planned which pretty much endorses the corruption. Will the bidding start all over ? or will they just look at all the bids again? How on earth do they find new officials who are incorruptible in an organisation that is rotten to the core ?  It's a nightmare and I imagine it is one that will run and run.

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 12:41:19 AM »
We now know FIFA is corrupt, we have always suspected it anyway. What happens now is the question ? Do the 2 World Cups given to Russia and Qatar get re-assigned to another bidder ? Or does it go ahead as planned which pretty much endorses the corruption. Will the bidding start all over ? or will they just look at all the bids again? How on earth do they find new officials who are incorruptible in an organization that is rotten to the core ?  It's a nightmare and I imagine it is one that will run and run.

In my opinion it would be absolutely pointless to attempt to redistribute the hosts. It's funny because every sociology class I've taken seems to fit the way FIFA behaves in the negative bracket of each societal approach.

I don't think it matters much who is in charge of these decisions. In a world that's obsessed with football, absolute power corrupts absolutely. It's hard to even comprehend the impact and economic boost to having new stadiums, new transport systems and wave after wave of local and foreign fans flock to the events.

Where else would there be an independent authority with the ability to sanction something that significant? In my opinion (and this is far-fetched) it's as controversial as allowing a majority vote from the public decide who next to declare war on. What is the bidding process if not organized corruption? FIFA would fit right in with American politics.

Why not just make it a lottery system? Take countries who (obviously before the lottery) show that they are either capable of accommodating the WC or are realistically capable of doing so with the collateral of a secured future World Cup?

That would eliminate this ridiculous and absolutely futile cock sucking facade that we see where potential hosts get down on their hands and knees begging for it when it's completely irrelevant because it's corrupt from the start. End rant...

"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 08:02:05 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ap-fifa-briberyprobe < bin Hammam and Jack Warner suspended. Boy, would I ever love to see Jack Warner completely removed from FIFA after his constant attempts to throw a wrench in Canadian football.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 11:24:41 PM »
If Blatter comes out of this with a successful reelection and the appearance that he's some kind of white knight who fights corruption I'm going to be so disappointed.

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 08:48:28 AM »
If Blatter comes out of this with a successful reelection and the appearance that he's some kind of white knight who fights corruption I'm going to be so disappointed.

Of course he is going to come out with a successful re-election as he is the only one standing for election!!!
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 10:31:11 PM »
He got in, alright. And now half of FIFA is taking England to task. Now the British press might be run by a bunch of muppets, but to go after the FA itself like that is pretty stupid.

The German FA has called for a revote on 2022, though, so hopefully something goes down on that front.

This scandal has started a crapstorm in CONCACAF as well, since Jack Warner, who is suspended from all football operations, was our confederational president. Now the acting pres (some guy from Barbados) has been trying to fire Chuck Blazer, the guy who brought Warner/bin Hammam's alleged shenanigans to light, for being corrupt. They're saying it could split the confederation into two camps - Caribbeans on one side and North and Central Americans on the other. But who knows? There are a lot of Canadians that don't particularly care for Blazer, either, although Warner is near-universally disliked in Canada. :P

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 10:36:25 PM »
Fair play to the FA for standing up to FIFA.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 11:03:30 PM »
Indeed.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 06:15:01 PM »
Le sigh... now it seems CONCACRAP is in tatters. But I shouldn't be surprised, should I? :P

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 02:34:13 AM »
An update:

- Jack Warner officially resigned from FIFA, but according to the Ethics Committee, the corruption investigation would be opened up the moment he decides to involve himself in football ever again. It's much the same as a ban.
- CONCACAF's interim president has been suspended by the Executive Committee for going against its statutes. Honduran Alfredo Hawit (the interim VP at the time of said president's appointment) has been named interim president in his place.

Voi perkele... why must football be so politicised? ::)

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2011, 06:51:42 PM »
Bin Hammam banned for life.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!