SpursNetwork

Why doesn't American football have a world cup like real football world cup?

I know there is IFAF World Cup but who actually watches that plus they don't even use their NFL professionals I think. It really looks all pathetic.

Isn't that a sign that American football is a load of tosh that they only hold Superbowl which is a domestic affair then they call the winners the world champions. LOL

World football (soccer) > American football every real man knows this is true.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Air Jordan 3 air jordan 3 retro nike Jordan 3

« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 10:18:25 AM by Brett Mcgugin »

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
  • Season Ticket: No
Why so bitter? You clearly watch the NFL. I don't understand the animosity - it's just a cultural thing.

I suppose if another country or league of nations was interested in forming a gridiron football league that was competitive, we would be more than happy to play a "Mega Bowl" or whatever. Until then, we'll just keep calling ourselves World Champs.

The "American Football" vs. "Real Football" debate is tired and stale anyway. There are many types of football whether its association football (called soccer by many countries - not just America), rugby football, Australian rules football, gridiron football and others. So what gives?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 03:03:24 PM by WilsonJet »
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
Come on Wilson i know you better than to bite at someone's first post clearly fishing as they are sad and having a lonely day?
So to ignore the stupid post, roll on the new season and i look forward to picking better team to back than i picked last season!!

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
Actually that raises a question. Is there a USA American football team or has there ever been? And if so who do/did they play against ? Just curious.

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
Actually don't know the answer to that. I'm not sure what purpose it would serve anyway.

My pre-season prediction is Eagles over Ravens in the championship, but my Colts and Bucs are both going to be competitive and in the mix this year.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
I figure the gridiron world championship would involve the USA, Canada, and a bunch of nations from Oceania. Seems that's where gridiron is at its most popular.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan