« on: October 25, 2016, 08:35:48 AM »

Liverpool
____

v
____

Tottenham

EFL Cup Round 4   - 25th Oct  - KO 19:45  - Ground: Anfield

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 12:24:56 AM »
This result wasn't really a surprise, they had bigger fish to fry in other competitions. Daniel Sturridge struck twice as Liverpool overcame Spurs to reach the EFL Cup quarter-finals and extend their unbeaten run to 10 matches. With one competition down they can move on to Saturday and Leicester City.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 08:33:50 AM »
This result wasn't really a surprise, they had bigger fish to fry in other competitions. Daniel Sturridge struck twice as Liverpool overcame Spurs to reach the EFL Cup quarter-finals and extend their unbeaten run to 10 matches. With one competition down they can move on to Saturday and Leicester City.

Whilst I somewhat agree, for me this was a good chance for our second string to put themselves in the frame for a first team call up, with a good performance. Unfortunately they all failed, and miserably. From the kick off, where they thumped the ball upfield aimlessly after a few seconds, it was as bad a performance as I've seen since the Newcastle debacle. Not one of our team had any idea how to get forward and score a goal. Klopp must be gloating this morning. Not only did their first team piss all over us, but now their second team too.
We have some big games coming up, and need to start winning again soon.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 08:15:51 PM »

Whilst I somewhat agree, for me this was a good chance for our second string to put themselves in the frame for a first team call up, with a good performance. Unfortunately they all failed, and miserably. From the kick off, where they thumped the ball upfield aimlessly after a few seconds, it was as bad a performance as I've seen since the Newcastle debacle. Not one of our team had any idea how to get forward and score a goal. Klopp must be gloating this morning. Not only did their first team piss all over us, but now their second team too.
We have some big games coming up, and need to start winning again soon.

I agree with you about giving our youngest a chance and a big platform, at the same time it is one less competition, and that should help Spurs. I think what is important for us is league position (top 4), European Championship, followed by the FA Cup. The League us is good for teams that can't win anything above that competition.

Klopp can laugh, but we are in the European Championship, he isn't and he has got to finish above us to keep smiling: including beating us in the league.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Yiddite

• Season Ticket: No
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 10:46:11 AM »
Well one less trophy and the associated matches to worry about and the youngsters got a run out  !!
I cannot see us winning the Champions League nor the Premiership title at this stage so the only chance left for us now is the FA Cup.
Wouldn't really consider that the EFL cup is for teams that cannot win anything above that competition eeerm  what have we won lately?

However finishing in the  top four, progressing past the group stages in Europe are more important.
I hope Kane comes back from injury and hits the ground running slotting in a few goals straight away.
Janssen covers the ground but doesn't find the net   ........ hopefully he is not another Soldado   .......give him time to settle in I read in the media  .....ppppff    ....heard that before  !!

So thankfully Son has bagged a few otherwise there would have been a few more "clean sheets".
For some reason Spurs have gone off the boil after the Man City win and it cannot continue if we are to have a successful season. A few of the others e.g. Eriksen, Lamella need to find their form as well.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 05:02:36 PM »
Well one less trophy and the associated matches to worry about and the youngsters got a run out  !!
I cannot see us winning the Champions League nor the Premiership title at this stage so the only chance left for us now is the FA Cup.
Wouldn't really consider that the EFL cup is for teams that cannot win anything above that competition eeerm  what have we won lately?

However finishing in the  top four, progressing past the group stages in Europe are more important.
I hope Kane comes back from injury and hits the ground running slotting in a few goals straight away.
Janssen covers the ground but doesn't find the net   ........ hopefully he is not another Soldado   .......give him time to settle in I read in the media  .....ppppff    ....heard that before  !!

So thankfully Son has bagged a few otherwise there would have been a few more "clean sheets".
For some reason Spurs have gone off the boil after the Man City win and it cannot continue if we are to have a successful season. A few of the others e.g. Eriksen, Lamella need to find their form as well.

I agree with you about the Champions league, however, I expect Spurs to get into the top 4. But I wouldn't rule out winning the league either. There is nobody outstanding in the league at the moment. City have been a let down, Liverpool have done well and Ars*nal are Ars*nal. United and Chelsea are nothing special. So; I won't rule us out - at this stage - of winning the league.

I think Jansson will settle down, but how long is another matter.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do