SpursNetwork

Spurs 1 WBA 1

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Spurs 1 WBA 1
« on: April 26, 2016, 05:20:03 PM »
Well, what can one say? I think we'll have to accept that Leicester City have won it. They need three points from their last three matches. As for Spurs; we are still a great team and now will have to fight for 2nd spot. If we can keep this team we can build on it and challenge for top honours next season.

As for the match; we out played them, but in the second half we over did it (trying to be too clever) and let them back in. But it is no good being the better side if you can't capitalise on it.

I can't see Leicester, next season, being in the top 4, however, I can see Spurs, along with Chelsea, City and maybe Ars*nal, United and possibly Liverpool. There will be six clubs fighting for four spots.

But let us be optimistic; at the beginning of the season we never expected this. What we expected was for us to fight for - hopefully - fourth spot. With probably Chelsea or City winning the league.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline yidmafioso

• Season Ticket: No
Re: Spurs 1 WBA 1
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 01:16:47 AM »
I agree with everything you say but never say never.It aint over till the fat lady sings.If Leicester lose at old Trafford and we win at Chelsea its back to 4 points.If I`ve learnt anything watching the premier league its that anything can and usually does happen .
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 07:50:42 AM »
I agree with everything you say but never say never.It aint over till the fat lady sings.If Leicester lose at old Trafford and we win at Chelsea its back to 4 points.If I`ve learnt anything watching the premier league its that anything can and usually does happen .

We all hope you are right. Anything could happen in football. Leicester isn't going to have it easy at United and/ or Chelsea.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Spursx

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 06:24:31 PM »
I've been going to all games this season, home and away, and the WBA game depressed me the most. So close, but so far. Miracles can happen, but I think this is a miracle too far. Even if United beat Leicester they still have two more games to play, while we must continue winning. A tall order. But we did well. If it wasn't for all our draws and we had beaten United at the beginning of the season or even got a draw then things might have been different. Next season will be another hope and another gut wrenching season, but I hope this time we will be on the right path. May God truly go with them.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
!
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 08:22:04 PM »
We need to win all 3 remaining games to get to 78 points,  just 2 points more than LFC at the moment or draw 1 for 76 points and hope that LFC will lose all 3 remaining games. Not happening!   :hide:

Anyone would could hope that even if they lose to ManU and draw the remaining 2,  is also living on a different planet. It will not happen either.

Our GD is the best we have had for years, but not enough!

As sad has it is, we have to concede and try not to allow the Arse to catch up by playing silly buggers in the last 3 games.

With Alli on the verge of suspension (maybe), we need to keep focused. Silly beggar!! :tickedoff:

Offline Glenn R

Re: !
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 04:49:06 PM »
We need to win all 3 remaining games to get to 78 points,  just 2 points more than LFC at the moment or draw 1 for 76 points and hope that LFC will lose all 3 remaining games. Not happening!   :hide:

Anyone would could hope that even if they lose to ManU and draw the remaining 2,  is also living on a different planet. It will not happen either.

Our GD is the best we have had for years, but not enough!

As sad has it is, we have to concede and try not to allow the Arse to catch up by playing silly buggers in the last 3 games.

With Alli on the verge of suspension (maybe), we need to keep focused. Silly beggar!! :tickedoff:

Of course it isn’t going to happen, it is fantasy. As I said to somebody at the beginning of the season; if you really believe that Chelsea will struggle (after winning the league), that Leicester will win the league (after fighting relegation the previous season) and we would be in the top two, then you know nothing about football and should be in a lunatic asylum. Those sorts of things don’t happen in the real world. We like order and sensible thinking.

However, I do agree that it seems impossible that Leicester will fall at the last hurdle, however, United and Chelsea aren’t going to lie down. Everton is the mystery package in all this. They can be hit or miss, on a good day they could beat anybody. On top of that, if United beat Leicester then the pressure will be hundred fold on them. Yes, it is very unlikely that Leicester will slip up on their last three games, but not impossible. Of course you then have to add Spurs into the occasion. We are going to Stamford Bridge on Monday, where we’ve never won while in the Premier league. Southampton won’t be a pushover and Newcastle have already beat us this season (and on our own ground). So take your pick and just dream (it has happened, as I have shown).
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 10:19:19 PM »
All I`m saying is never say never.Funnier things have happened .At least we`ll have pochettino for the next 5 seasons  :up:
If your not spurs you`re dead to me