SpursNetwork

Spurs 1 Watford 0

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Spurs 1 Watford 0
« on: February 07, 2016, 08:58:30 AM »
After the last meeting at Vicarage Road I expected a tougher match, but Spurs contained Watford throughout the whole game and if it wasn’t for some great saves by our former goalkeeper Gomez we would have been 3 or 4 up. They were that lacklustre, Watford. But we did go into a higher gear once Alli came on in the second half. Trippier got his first goal for the club and we moved into second place in the league; thanks to Leicester beating City (at City’s ground) earlier in the day 3-1.

Spurs had 66% of the possession. 25 shots on goal to their 3, 9 were on target to their zero. We had 15 corners, they had one. We still have the best defence in the league and the best goal difference (26).
Gomez got a good reception from the Spurs fans when he came on.

It is worth quoting what the Watford manager said – about Tottenham – after the game.
Watford boss Quique Sanchez Flores: "It was completely difficult. We expected a tough match. Tottenham play really quick, play intelligent balls, they have a lot of good players so it was very difficult to stop their attacks. Tottenham have improved since the last time we played. They have more confidence and they are one of the best teams. They have the chance to win the league. Playing against Chelsea and Tottenham in four days is too much. We did all the best we could but it was not enough."

Next weekend will be an interesting one. Spurs face City away, while Leicester take on Ars*nal. The top four teams will face each other.

Spurs have some important games coming up; Ars*nal, United, Chelsea, City etc. Not only that but we could have a possible 28 games left (that is in all competitions), while Leicester only have 14 games left. As our manager said; we must take each game as it comes.

I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Spursx

Re: Spurs 1 Watford 0
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 07:40:29 PM »
A well deserved win. If we had walked away with only a draw then we would have been robbed. We put played them in very department. I thought Watford were poor.

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 04:02:15 PM »
The change from the game at Vicarage Road and the one at White Hart Lane was totally different. The game away could have gone either way, this game we outplayed them and out run them. Even their manager said there was a big difference. In such a short time we've come a long way. Let us hope we keep our good performance up. :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 02:20:26 PM »
1 - 0 is a good result against an average side that parked the bus. Very pleased indeed!

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 07:24:00 PM »
1 - 0 is a good result against an average side that parked the bus. Very pleased indeed!

They have been performing above average at times, but, yes, they did try to park their bus with a goalless draw, but we managed to get our goal and three points.

Jane x