SpursNetwork

Spurs 4 West Ham 1

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Spurs 4 West Ham 1
« on: November 23, 2015, 08:47:29 AM »
What a game. Twelve games without defeat. The second best goal difference in the league (by a goal). Only one defeat (and that was at our own hands). You couldn't have dreamt it up, could you?

I must be fair though, the first 15 or 20 minutes I was impressed with West Ham. I thought this was going to be a hard game, they held us well. Then it all changed. West Ham seemed to have caved in.

This is what the West Ham manager, Slaven Bilic,, said: "The performance matches the result. They were better than us.
"We just couldn't produce on the pitch. They were more a team. They were physically quicker and stronger and better in transitions. We played a really bad game but they played a really good game and we have to give some credit for this.
"They wanted it more today than in a normal game, but we simply were not good enough to get anything out of that game."

It is nice to see an opposing manager take his hat off to us. Most would moaned that they had been robbed, or this or that.

Kane scored again; twice. What I liked about Spurs games is that once they have lost the ball, they close the other teams down until they got it back. They continue pressing, right up to the last minute of the game.

Next week will be a very interesting game; against Chelsea. Who won over the weekend. Ars*nal lost (a big cheer here). IMPRESSIVE!!!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 08:53:52 AM by Voice »
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
Re: Spurs 4 West Ham 1
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 02:35:09 PM »
I’ve been dying to get a few minutes to come on here and say how excited I was yesterday, but not just yesterday, but the whole season. We have, and have been, performing brilliantly. We’ve take on those at the bottom, those in the middle, and even the top and we’ve held our head up proud.
Yesterday, like voice said, I thought we were going to have a struggle n our hands, but once the first goal went in the clouds opened, the cheers went up and we all smiled like Cheshire cats. It all started with us singing or miming the French National anthem. Lloris held his head high. Clutching a Hammers player either side of him we all stood with the French nation. I also might add, that Ruth and I were in France at the time of the bombing (but, nowhere near). Tears weld up in both our eyes.
What can one say, that hasn’t already been said? People were criticising Kane for his dry patch, but the manager, team and even the fans knew he would do it, and he did.
I gave all the team an 8 or above. Amazingly only us and Leicester City have a good record, with Leicester at the top. We drew more than the others, but doing well. Go slowly, but consistently and we will get there. Up the Spurs, as the commentator at the half-time always says. Up the Spurs!!!!

Jane x

Offline Spursx

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 07:48:32 PM »
If Leicester can be at the top of the league, at the present time, and Chelsea struggling near the halfway line then anything is possible. I can see Spurs being in the top 4, not only that, but fighting for the title. Spurs have been consistent all season and congratulations to them for their brilliant win against the Hammers.

Full credit to the manager for what he has achieved for the team. I was at the game on Sunday and it turned out a brilliant day. I am very happy going into the Christmas period. But what we mustn't do is underestimate Chelsea on Sunday.

A quick word about Kane. People started writing him off, but no such luck. Again he scores and again we win.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 11:25:13 PM »
just 2 points behind the Arse who are losing ground every week  and 4 points off the top Leicester, who would have believed it after our first game v Man U?

Best game for a number of years IMO. Perfect game on a perfect day!

Walker may have scored his frst goal in 2 years, but he still needs to grow up.

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 01:13:59 PM »
The night of the 13th was very terrifying, even though we weren’t caught up in it. But I was glad that Tottenham football club played the French national anthem, for many reasons. Because our goalkeeper is French, solidarity and we won’t be intimidated.
The first 20 minutes or so we tested each other, but after that Spurs took control. Kane scored, followed by three others and we were home and dry. I do feel that this year could be our year. I think this is the best starting performance since we’ve been in the Premier League. No club is favourite to win the title. And who would have imagined that Leicester would be at the top of the league. Wouldn’t it be great if it was Leicester and us at the top, with City third and maybe another surprise fourth? This has been a strange season and I think anything is possible. I suppose the true test will be against Chelsea this weekend. But first we must face our Europa challengers, and to win that we are through to the next stages.  :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :dance: