SpursNetwork

Our England Stars

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Our England Stars
« on: November 18, 2015, 01:44:50 PM »
What a performance by Harry, Eric, and especially Deli. What a goal !! its the most exciting period for ages when we now have a nucleus of young, fit and hungry players. It must surely breed results on a more consistent basis in the prem soon.

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Our England Stars
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 04:15:02 PM »
The England game was a good window for Spurs talent. I thought our players played well. Ali is going to become hot property, his goal was brilliant. :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Offline Spursx

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 01:20:04 PM »
The England game, against France, was a good result, considering what happened to France a couple of days earlier. The other question is, was France's heart in the game? But that wasn't the question, but how our players performed. And they performed well and took their chance when the eyes of the public was on them. England have a good young squad, and that is no thanks, at least in part, to Spur excellent youth policy.

Whether England is ready for next years European games with our young squad is another matter. But go Spurs, go.

Looking forward to the game on Sunday. :up:

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 09:00:28 AM »
I was told that the England manager thanked our manager because most of the England squad was or hand been under his influence (that is Southampton & Spurs). He was also a guest of Hodgson's at the England game.

Both Spurs and England are a growing young squad, and yes, our players did very well. I think Pochettino should be give an extension to his contract.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 02:36:33 PM »
Really nothing to add, but yes, a really great week for Spurs players.

Jane x

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 11:31:46 PM »
We have had a few English players before and in fact up to 4 in the England squad. bu this lot are younger, more hungry and seeem to have a great bond!  Good for us and the England team!

Great to see the solidarity with France in all the games this week-end. We need to unite on such a sad occasion. :nods: