SpursNetwork

Swansea 2 Spurs 2

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Swansea 2 Spurs 2
« on: October 04, 2015, 07:43:50 PM »
What a disappointing result. And it is another own goal that has let us down.

Spurs had 54% of play. At least Spurs extended their unbeaten run in the Premier League. It was Eriksen that earned Spurs that all important point. Ayew's header gave the Swans the lead . Harry Kane sliced Shelvey's corner into his own net to restore Swansea's lead. Swansea, move up a place to 11th place, while. Spurs are on 8th, but only 5pts behind the leaders City. Two points behind fourth place Palace. Even though the result was disappointing we are still on tract to challenge for fourth spot. 
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Swansea 2 Spurs 2
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 09:19:05 PM »
Watched the game and thought a draw was a fair result, although Fabianski had a few lucky blocks! 

Another 2 points would have taken us to 4th. Next time perhaps?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 05:32:31 AM »
It was a fair result, though their first goal was an awfully soft one. It's good to see Harry Kane scoring again.  :hide:

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 08:17:33 AM »
Once again we were unable to beat a team lower than us in the league, despite dominating most of the game. As always, defensive errors and lack of cutting edge up front.
Having watched Ars*nal demolish Man U and witnessed their different level of overall ability, Its pretty depressing !
I really cant see us pushing for top 4 this season unless we can start to beat a few of these teams more regularly than we do.

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 09:55:00 AM »
I thought we should have won  :hide: I also thought we would snatch it in the last minutes. Two points dropped, but we are still undefeated from since losing to United. My heart went out to Kane. He must have been gutted. The next match will be a tricky one as we've got Liverpool, and probably with a new manager.

:hide: :hide:

Offline Spursx

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 01:59:13 PM »
It was the own goal that did it for us. Swansea can be dangerous at times and own goals is not what you want to give away. It is matches like this that we need to win for any chance of being in the top 4. I suppose no damage done at this precise moment in time. Liverpool drawing, United losing, along with Chelsea all helps us.

We face Liverpool in over a weeks time and a new manager taking over could change everything.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 04:23:48 PM »
Once again we were unable to beat a team lower than us in the league, despite dominating most of the game. As always, defensive errors and lack of cutting edge up front.
Having watched Ars*nal demolish Man U and witnessed their different level of overall ability, Its pretty depressing !
I really cant see us pushing for top 4 this season unless we can start to beat a few of these teams more regularly than we do.

I disagree. There is no more easy matches. Even the smaller clubs have more money to buy better players. Just look at the sort of clubs beating City, United, Ars*nal and even Chelsea. I fear the smaller clubs more than the bigger ones. You would say that Southampton is a smaller club and they beat Chelsea 3-1. A few years ago Sunderland - who have struggled and continue to struggle - were the first club to beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge (under their current managers reign). And look who beat West Ham and Ars*nal this season?
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 07:37:36 PM »
At one time Spurs would have given up, now the press, even when behind and that must be thanks to Poch. We battled well and have most of the pocession. Away matches are always difficult. But, yes, we should have won this match.

Jane x

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 04:00:13 PM »
At one time Spurs would have given up, now the press, even when behind and that must be thanks to Poch. We battled well and have most of the pocession. Away matches are always difficult. But, yes, we should have won this match.

Jane x

Agree with you about Spurs giving up at one time. Nowadays they fight until the last minute. That is why we haven't lost a match yet (OK, apart from the first game of the season :hide:)
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 10:58:01 AM »

I disagree. There is no more easy matches. Even the smaller clubs have more money to buy better players. Just look at the sort of clubs beating City, United, Ars*nal and even Chelsea. I fear the smaller clubs more than the bigger ones. You would say that Southampton is a smaller club and they beat Chelsea 3-1. A few years ago Sunderland - who have struggled and continue to struggle - were the first club to beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge (under their current managers reign). And look who beat West Ham and Ars*nal this season?

Well I would say that the league table over 38 games doesn't lie, and therefore apart from exceptions, like 4-1 Man City, the teams below us must be easier to beat than the ones above us. It is therefore up to us to perform better than we do against the lower sides. For example, the 2 goals we conceded against Swansea were a joke. An own goal born out of panic by Kane, who shouldn't even be defending the near post, and an old flaw of ours, inability to deal with a ball into the box. Plus we were inept up front. Had we performed like that against City, then the scores might well have been reversed.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 04:10:47 PM »

Well I would say that the league table over 38 games doesn't lie, and therefore apart from exceptions, like 4-1 Man City, the teams below us must be easier to beat than the ones above us. It is therefore up to us to perform better than we do against the lower sides. For example, the 2 goals we conceded against Swansea were a joke. An own goal born out of panic by Kane, who shouldn't even be defending the near post, and an old flaw of ours, inability to deal with a ball into the box. Plus we were inept up front. Had we performed like that against City, then the scores might well have been reversed.

The tables might not lie, however, they don't tell the whole story. I can't remember who said it, but somebody said that the Premier League is getting a lot harder to achieve top spots.

I agree we allowed in stupid goals, but we are not the only ones. And when we do go behind we fight back hard. Overall I am happy with Spurs progress. It will be interesting having this debate again, nearer Christmas. :up:
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2015, 09:21:02 PM »
Is there something wrong with this site at the moment? I haven't seen a post in 3 days!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 04:41:32 PM »
Is there something wrong with this site at the moment? I haven't seen a post in 3 days!

As far as I know nothing is wrong; I've been popping on and nobody has been here, so nothing to answer. Or even add (about Spurs). But that will probably change as Spurs are up against Liverpool this weekend.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2015, 10:09:39 PM »
It was a good game for the neutral and not to much of a disappointment, lets face it we came from behind twice and stayed undefeated, were creating lots of chances just not putting them away, were looking much fitter and with Christian coming back have a bit more creativity. The signs are good, Swansea are a dangerous team and proved that against MU only a few weeks back, its still very early in the season and the squad is now starting to implement the philosophy of the manager, the balance of the team is looking much better and the new signings slotting in, 2-2 was a fair result and Lloris pulled of a blinding save late on to prevent defeat, sure seasons gone we would have lost this match as conceding goals late on was our Achilles heal, this season however the determination is 100% better and lets see how things are at Christmas to get a real idea where we actually are.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.