SpursNetwork

The Bale Money

Offline toadlad

The Bale Money
« on: October 03, 2015, 02:42:33 PM »
Lamela's form this season means at least not all the Bale money was wasted! Of the 90 million received, half now looks well spent of Lamela, Eriksen and Chadli, who in their 3rd season and well established as the attacking trio behind Kane, although with plenty of competition for their places.

The other half was wasted on Soldado and Paulinho, but we did recoup 20 million on them, which we have spent wisely on Son it seems

So effectively Bale was replaced by 4 good players who could be with us a long time: Lamela, Son, Eriksen and Chadli

Smiler

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: The Bale Money
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 11:19:26 PM »
We all felt as if all that money had been wasted but it seems that all three players you mention have been kept for good reasons. Lamela is improving, Erikson has already proved to be one of our best and Chadli can hold his own when he wants to.

We just need for Kane to pick up from where he left at the end of last seson and with the new buys from this window, the wasted Bale Money will soon be forgotten.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 07:30:46 PM »
Lamela's form this season means at least not all the Bale money was wasted! Of the 90 million received, half now looks well spent of Lamela, Eriksen and Chadli, who in their 3rd season and well established as the attacking trio behind Kane, although with plenty of competition for their places.

The other half was wasted on Soldado and Paulinho, but we did recoup 20 million on them, which we have spent wisely on Son it seems

So effectively Bale was replaced by 4 good players who could be with us a long time: Lamela, Son, Eriksen and Chadli
Welcome back toadlad!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 07:50:06 PM »

I agree, when you buy seven new players the odds of all of them firing on all cylinders is a bit of a stretch. Lamela is having a good season (after a couple of bad seasons) and now looks like an important part of the first team squad. The other two players you mentioned have been playing well for a couple of season. Our manager is doing a good job; we are undefeated, part from our own goal defeat at the hands of United.

I always thought Soldado was a good player, and still do. When on the pitch he worked hard, but unfortunately didn't score the required goals.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 08:22:52 AM »

I agree, when you buy seven new players the odds of all of them firing on all cylinders is a bit of a stretch. Lamela is having a good season (after a couple of bad seasons) and now looks like an important part of the first team squad. The other two players you mentioned have been playing well for a couple of season. Our manager is doing a good job; we are undefeated, part from our own goal defeat at the hands of United.

I always thought Soldado was a good player, and still do. When on the pitch he worked hard, but unfortunately didn't score the required goals.

Unfortunately, yet again, Lamela and Chadli flatter to deceive. One good game one bad one. Until they, and Townsend, Walker, Davies, Kane etc get some consistency then we will not do better than 6 - 8th.

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 09:56:45 AM »

Unfortunately, yet again, Lamela and Chadli flatter to deceive. One good game one bad one. Until they, and Townsend, Walker, Davies, Kane etc get some consistency then we will not do better than 6 - 8th.

spurs are a young side and only lost one game. So there is more good than bad. :hide: :hide: :up:

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 10:58:59 AM »

spurs are a young side and only lost one game. So there is more good than bad. :hide: :hide: :up:

Well I always admire optimism !  :)

Offline Spursx

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 02:01:52 PM »
Optimism is ok when everything is going well, but a bummer when everything is going tits up.

If we go on to achieve anything with the players we bought with Bale's money then everything will be sweet as honey. If not we go through the whole process again. But, optimism is the word and we must think positive :hide: :2funny:

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 07:41:45 PM »
Even though the Bale money did bring some good players to Spurs it doesn't mean we should excuse the bad ones. If the players were well researched then we might have not made such mistakes. I think Spurs were too quick off the mark and wanted to please the fans.

Jane x

Offline toadlad

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 01:03:02 AM »
Jane i agree that's why I'm saying it doesn't seem as bad now if the ones that stay continue to improve, Soldado was a top scorer in Spain but was so over priced in hindsight, and Paulinho was a knee jerk buy but at least we got some ok money back on both of them to reinvest. The worst buy will always be David Bentley in terms of value for money!!!
Smiler