« on: August 29, 2015, 04:02:57 AM »

Tottenham
____

v
____

Everton

Barclays Premier League - 29th Aug  - KO 17:30    - Ground: White Hart Lane

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Everton
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 07:04:48 AM »
Eriksen will miss out and I don't think Son has been given a permit yet. Other than that we should be in full force.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 08:12:48 PM »
A very disappointing result. We dominated the game, but simply couldn't take our chances. Mason who broke all the goal-scoring records in our academy, seems to fluff his lines every time when he has a chance to score. Kane tries too hard and is slowly turning into Soldado... N'Jié and Son better get fit ASAP.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 09:21:00 PM »
Don't think it's a case of njie and Son getting fit but work permits and because we left it to late to bring them in! Now we will have to hope Pochittino does not hold them back or our season will be over before it even started!!!
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 07:27:24 AM »
Don't think it's a case of njie and Son getting fit but work permits and because we left it to late to bring them in! Now we will have to hope Pochittino does not hold them back or our season will be over before it even started!!!
It has been reported N'Jié missed the pre-season as he was injured.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 09:26:01 AM »
The first half was good for Spurs, holding back Everton. But I thought we came more alive in the second half. When Dembélé went off and Ali was brought on, I thought we improved forwardly.  I am hoping that Ali starts when we play our next match (in two weeks time)  at the stadium of light (or maybe not so much light these days for Sunderland).

As for Kane. He looked hesitant and nervous in front of goal. Maybe the pressure to score is getting to him. That is why we need another striker to ease the pressure off Kane. Last season it was all him, before that it was Bale. We need to spread the workload around.

I think Pochettino is getting there, but it takes time and patience. Over the last four games there is a lot to be happy about. This match was the best defensively (against Everton).

Pochettino said after the match: "We created a lot of chances but you need to score. It was impossible today but I am happy with the performance. I am happy with Harry Kane, he had two or three clear chances but I am happy. He needs to work hard and play. A goal will come for Harry. All strikers have spells like this and only time can do it. I trust in him."

In an interview I saw with our manager, he thought their goalkeeper Howard was man of the match, because he kept our best chances out.

As Corporal Jones said “Don’t panic” and I agree. With Chelsea and Liverpool losing (horray) and City favourites to win the title (based on what we see today) and Ars*nal all over the place, plenty to play for. As for United, I don’t think they are anything special and will take a couple of years to come knocking on the door. A top 5th or 6th placing, but not impossible - from what I saw - of a 4th spot either, for us.

The Transfer window closes on Tuesday ant 6pm or 6.30 pm so let us keep our fingers crossed.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 09:34:28 AM »
A very disappointing result. We dominated the game, but simply couldn't take our chances. Mason who broke all the goal-scoring records in our academy, seems to fluff his lines every time when he has a chance to score. Kane tries too hard and is slowly turning into Soldado... N'Jié and Son better get fit ASAP.

On the radio Mason was man of the match. A disappointing result, I agree (because we should have won), but not a disasterous performance. We kept a clean sheet.

As for Soldado; he was and is a good player, sadly though he was played wrongly and was all over the place. He didn't fit into Pochettino's style. And to be fair Pochettino didn't purchase him. Now he is starting to mould his teams into his way of wanting to play. He will get there, but it won't be achieved over night.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 01:12:42 PM »
Maybe voice is right about not panicking at the moment, but a few more games could tip us over into the danger zone, and then it would be all hands to the fire pumps.

I thought we played well yesterday, but lacked any cohesion up front. Everton defensively did their part and probably deserved their just rewards. I would give Spurs 7/10. I also agreed that Deli Ali’s performance was good, at the same time I thought that Poch was right to ease him in and not throw him into the deep end straight away. 

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :hide:

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 10:13:23 AM »
I have mixed feeling about this game. Defensively, it looked promising, but I have question marks over the midfield and the forward line up. Too much is put on Kane and if we are to challenge for top honours then he needs support, another striker. The next two games won't be easy. But a two week rest period might help the manager.

Jane x