SpursNetwork

American football and more seats and Wembley stadium thrown in (maybe!)

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
I just watched Daniel Levy on Spurs TV; he was telling us his plans for the new stadium (now 61,000 seats) and a partnership with an American football team. Sounds interesting and should bring in the money.

I've also read that Chelsea, along with Spurs, want Wembley Stadium while their club is being rebuilt/ refurbished.

Thoughts?
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
  • Season Ticket: No
Ground share could be a real possibility from the point of view that with us in the Europa league and Chelski in the CL our respective home league games will be on different days most of the time.

As a fan of American football I like the idea but I don't think it would be good for the playing surface - defensive players in the NFL often use longer studs to get better purchase along with the fact that the players in the defensive line have all of their weight on their toes and when they power forward they create divots in the turf.

Offline Glenn R

Ground share could be a real possibility from the point of view that with us in the Europa league and Chelski in the CL our respective home league games will be on different days most of the time.

As a fan of American football I like the idea but I don't think it would be good for the playing surface - defensive players in the NFL often use longer studs to get better purchase along with the fact that the players in the defensive line have all of their weight on their toes and when they power forward they create divots in the turf.

They won't be playing on the same pitch. Spurs will introduce a sliding pitch so both clubs will play be on different ones.

As for Chelsea; they are still in the consolation stage about a new or at least improved stadium.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Spursx

I've been reading the plans for this new stadium and I am not sure that a sliding pitch is a good idea, or even American football. I am pleased that we've increased stadium capacity to 61,000 (from 56,000).

I am also not happy if we have to go to the Dons stadium. I rather we used Wembley.

Offline Glenn R

It seems that a group of Spurs supporters and the Supporters Trust are writing to Greg Dyke about us using Wembley stadium for a year. The only problem is that Chelsea also wants Wembley stadium.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Don

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
I’ve been reading about this new stadium and what it will bring to North London and its people. Both, the club, players and supporters, will be able to claim its place amongst the elite of the premier league. The first thing we need to do is settle on the right manager and I am hoping that Pochinttino is the right one. But we’ve said that a few times in the past so only time will tell.

A 61,000 seater is mouth-watering and I am sure that if we get into the top four it will be easily filled. There is nothing like success to bring in the crowds. Spurs history and glory days deserve, no needs, to be brought back to the Lane.

Don

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
New stadium= New era = Good news.

I hope this will bring the success we deserve and not restrict the eventual purchase of new players!

Offline Glenn R

New stadium= New era = Good news.

I hope this will bring the success we deserve and not restrict the eventual purchase of new players!

I think whichever way one looks at it, it is a positive step in the right direction. Our current capacity is not suitable for a top 4 club.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline a12 warrior

It's all about revenue coming in big contract I would think.

Hope it goes to investment in players to bring success to the club but I won't hold my breath!

Offline Spursx

It's all about revenue coming in big contract I would think.

Hope it goes to investment in players to bring success to the club but I won't hold my breath!

I'll go along with you here.