SpursNetwork

Yedlin to be loaned ????

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
Yedlin to be loaned ????
« on: June 22, 2015, 05:46:03 PM »
 I dont understand this! we wait so long to get him and now we are going to loan him out! he hasn't even had a real chance in the team!, really bazaar this one :-\
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Yedlin to be loaned ????
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 07:48:10 AM »
No, not really. Firstly, I think marketing was one of the most important aspects of this deal - after Dempsey left, we needed another US player to attract fans from the States (besides Friedel). Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Yedlin is another Khumalo.
Secondly, he is probably not that good and he has admitted himself he has struggled for training. Knowing that Pochettino favours young players, I don't think he would have bought another RB if Yedlin was as good as some people seem to think.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 04:55:10 PM »
No, not really. Firstly, I think marketing was one of the most important aspects of this deal - after Dempsey left, we needed another US player to attract fans from the States (besides Friedel). Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Yedlin is another Khumalo.
Secondly, he is probably not that good and he has admitted himself he has struggled for training. Knowing that Pochettino favours young players, I don't think he would have bought another RB if Yedlin was as good as some people seem to think.

I agree with you. It wasn't about buying a potential player, but more of a marketing ploy. A lot of clubs do this. They buy a player from - say China - and this is supposed to help them advertising their brand. If the player ends up to be good, then ok, if not he is moved on.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 05:54:32 PM »
If what you say is true then I feel sorry for the player, our fans and the club!, if we want to be a better club then football must be priority, are we just turning our club into a profit business?, yes we need to expand our oversees fan base but we need to get a challenging side first, winning things brings more fan base, the more your winning the more publicity your team is going to get!, I have seen Yedlin play a few times before he signed for us and thought he is quick and got great potential, never did I think he was going to be a puppet for our own demise.
Im quite shocked really, I would have thought when Yedlin signed he himself thought he would get into the first team, we will never be truly great again if we dont start buying players we can actual use and who brings something to the first team :-[

SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 07:14:57 PM »
If what you say is true then I feel sorry for the player, our fans and the club!, if we want to be a better club then football must be priority, are we just turning our club into a profit business?, yes we need to expand our oversees fan base but we need to get a challenging side first, winning things brings more fan base, the more your winning the more publicity your team is going to get!, I have seen Yedlin play a few times before he signed for us and thought he is quick and got great potential, never did I think he was going to be a puppet for our own demise.
Im quite shocked really, I would have thought when Yedlin signed he himself thought he would get into the first team, we will never be truly great again if we dont start buying players we can actual use and who brings something to the first team :-[

Yes, we've got to be a better club (on the field), but also off it. By spreading our name is good business sense as well. It is through business/ money we can complete financially against the top 4.

As for feeling sorry for the player; yes and no. We purchased Yedlin and it is up to him to also play his part. Going out on loan will help him (or should help him), as it did Kane and our other youngsters. But if Kane had failed he would have gone as well. To be a top club you have to be ruthless. They are there - or should be there - to contribute in making our club a great club. If they can't then they are gone.  But, yes, you are right, if we don't start buying great players then we will never achieve our goals.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 07:16:43 PM by Voice »
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 10:04:46 PM »

Yes, we've got to be a better club (on the field), but also off it. By spreading our name is good business sense as well. It is through business/ money we can complete financially against the top 4.

As for feeling sorry for the player; yes and no. We purchased Yedlin and it is up to him to also play his part. Going out on loan will help him (or should help him), as it did Kane and our other youngsters. But if Kane had failed he would have gone as well. To be a top club you have to be ruthless. They are there - or should be there - to contribute in making our club a great club. If they can't then they are gone.  But, yes, you are right, if we don't start buying great players then we will never achieve our goals.

The new stadium should help bring in more revenue but I dont think its a real issue as Levy has never been shy to splash the cash, we have just never used it correctly!, the main problem I see with us bringing youngsters and shipping them out all the time is eventually the new kids on the block so to speak will get wise and see Spurs as a step back or halt to their careers as none of them ever make it.
Their has not been many youngsters come through our ranks and gone onto great things! lets face it as long as were not in the CL its near impossible to attract the really really up and coming hot prospects.
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 08:01:51 AM »
For many years now the two main obstacles to us getting the really top class players has been the wages we are prepared to pay, and lack of CL football. Eventually, as with Ars*nal, the new stadium will help. Them probably getting Cjech is an illustration.
As for loaning out young players, its the only way to find out if they are of prem standard without risking our own first team spots.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 03:42:37 PM »

The new stadium should help bring in more revenue but I dont think its a real issue as Levy has never been shy to splash the cash, we have just never used it correctly!, the main problem I see with us bringing youngsters and shipping them out all the time is eventually the new kids on the block so to speak will get wise and see Spurs as a step back or halt to their careers as none of them ever make it.
Their has not been many youngsters come through our ranks and gone onto great things! lets face it as long as were not in the CL its near impossible to attract the really really up and coming hot prospects.

I agree with much of what you say, however, where I disagree is over your comments about kids getting “wise”. All the clubs do it and will continue to do it (but mainly the big clubs) so who will they get wise to? I am sure that they know full well that there are other reasons why they were picked. Once picked – whatever the reasons – then it is up to them to either shine or disappear. Football is a cruel world for youngsters and those that don’t make it. But they do know what they are getting themselves into.

As for not attracting other players because we are not in CL; again I disagree. There are only so many players than can get into one of the top four teams. After that, they will target clubs that are on the fringe and Spurs and Liverpool are in that group. Don’t forget that we ended 5th and only four points behind fourth place. They will come to Spurs. After Spurs and Liverpool it is going to be a struggle for teams to attract top players.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Spursx

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 05:52:25 PM »
According to some reports he has done well in preseason. By all accounts he will  be in the squad. But who knows what will really happen.