SpursNetwork

Besiktas v Tottenham

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
Besiktas v Tottenham
« on: December 11, 2014, 03:53:44 PM »
Theres no Kane, Vertonghan,Eriksen, Mason,Naughton and Bentaleb they have been left in London, Ade is in Togo so its another chance for SOLDADO to prove himself!, Chadli and Townsend theres no news on yet so I would expext some youngsters in. :up: lets see if we can find a little superstar to kick start our season. :D
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Besiktas v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 05:49:26 PM »

Besiktas
____

v
____

Tottenham

Europa League - 11th Dec  - KO 18:00  - Ground: Ataturk Stadium

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Don

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 07:23:17 PM »
I am watching the match as I  write and we need to get stuck in more. The teams of my childhood would have given no quarters and attacked. That is what the famous push and run was all about. Push to a free player and run at the defence and score.

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 09:58:56 PM »
I have seen enough  of Soldado now! he is getting the chances and is waisting everyone and while were there take Lamela with you >:( they must be the worst buys in the history of our club :'( :'( :'(
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 11:59:12 PM »
I`ve been desperate for soldado to prove himself but i`m afraid i`m going to have to give in and say enough is enough.He MUST be sold  :(
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 04:33:59 AM »
Soldado may come good again, but certainly not in England and not with us. The same applies to Lamela.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 01:17:50 PM »
I thought we played well 1st half, and Soldado missed 2 open goals. As always, the defence was never going to keep a clean sheet. Good to see Walker back, and considering he's been out 9 months, he looked our best defender, so that shows how crap the other 3 are. Paulinho, Townsend, Lamela, Lennon, and especially Soldado, just don't know what to say anymore.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2014, 03:54:37 PM »
Could it be the system that Soldado has been asked to fit in? He works hard, but has trouble scoring. Why?
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 07:07:08 PM »
I was in two minds whether I went to this match, in the end I decided to watch it on TV. We were through so no matter what we did it did not really change anything. Now we have some very interesting opponents, because we finished second.

Jane x

Offline RSS61

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 08:04:39 AM »
Could it be the system that Soldado has been asked to fit in? He works hard, but has trouble scoring. Why?

I have tried really hard, to like Soldado, to give him time. But facts are facts. No matter what system we play, Levy paid 26 million for him to be a prolific goal scorer, better than Defoe, who we sold for 6 million. Unfortunately he misses more sitters than Defoe and Ade put together, none more so than in this game. Sorry, we have to unload him in January.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 04:13:21 PM »

I have tried really hard, to like Soldado, to give him time. But facts are facts. No matter what system we play, Levy paid 26 million for him to be a prolific goal scorer, better than Defoe, who we sold for 6 million. Unfortunately he misses more sitters than Defoe and Ade put together, none more so than in this game. Sorry, we have to unload him in January.

But before he came here he was scoring goals. Why? And what happens if he leaves and scores lots of goals? Was it the system? The manager? Playing out of position (i.e. too further back, rather than staying in the box).
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2014, 09:26:16 PM »

But before he came here he was scoring goals. Why? And what happens if he leaves and scores lots of goals? Was it the system? The manager? Playing out of position (i.e. too further back, rather than staying in the box).

You have mentioned them all or as good as!, confidence aswell but it all stems from AVB, he bought a striker in that played as a second striker who thrived on early balls whipped into the box, he was a poacher striker and someone to hold the ball up for support to arrive but AVB tried to play him as the lone striker, have the lion share of possession in midfield and play intricate short balls through mouse holes!!!! SERIOSLY, as time went on his lack of service, game time etc has ruined a quality player, MP, is not addressing this problem either, yes he is starting to play Kane with him but the real problem still is the lack of quality wide men!.

SOLUTION...put the balls in the box from the wide areas early and the chances and goals will come!.
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline RSS61

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 01:09:17 PM »

You have mentioned them all or as good as!, confidence aswell but it all stems from AVB, he bought a striker in that played as a second striker who thrived on early balls whipped into the box, he was a poacher striker and someone to hold the ball up for support to arrive but AVB tried to play him as the lone striker, have the lion share of possession in midfield and play intricate short balls through mouse holes!!!! SERIOSLY, as time went on his lack of service, game time etc has ruined a quality player, MP, is not addressing this problem either, yes he is starting to play Kane with him but the real problem still is the lack of quality wide men!.

SOLUTION...put the balls in the box from the wide areas early and the chances and goals will come!.

Yes that's one solution, however we don't appear to have the players capable of doing that. ie pacy wingers who can deliver an accurate ball into the box. Lennon & Townsend fail almost every time, hence they must go and 2 new wingers come in.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 03:44:16 PM »

Yes that's one solution, however we don't appear to have the players capable of doing that. ie pacy wingers who can deliver an accurate ball into the box. Lennon & Townsend fail almost every time, hence they must go and 2 new wingers come in.

According to our manager we are starting to fit into his philosophy, if that is the case then we do have the players. However, and saying all that, I still would love to have another striker.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 07:30:59 PM »

According to our manager we are starting to fit into his philosophy, if that is the case then we do have the players. However, and saying all that, I still would love to have another striker.

I don't think we can judge on one match voice, let us give it until the end of the month and then see.

Jane x