SpursNetwork

Hull City v Tottenham

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Hull City v Tottenham
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 05:13:24 PM »
Despite us playing like crap, I am happy that the Premier League has become somewhat more interesting as anyone can drop points against anyone.

I was having a think about what I said earlier, that the other teams are crap. Another explanation is that the other clubs – like Palace, Burnley, Southampton, Newcastle etc – are just better teams and we can no longer take anybody for granted. There was a time when you could go up against a club like Southampton, Burnley, or Newcastle and expect to take points. Moreover, I am not just talking about Spurs here, but clubs like Ars*nal, City, United and Chelsea. Now we are in a more even league. Overall that is good for football, whether it is good for the team you support, then that is another matter. Just a thought.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline yidmafioso

• Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 09:22:51 PM »
Despite us playing like crap, I am happy that the Premier League has become somewhat more interesting as anyone can drop points against anyone.

I was having a think about what I said earlier, that the other teams are crap. Another explanation is that the other clubs – like Palace, Burnley, Southampton, Newcastle etc – are just better teams and we can no longer take anybody for granted. There was a time when you could go up against a club like Southampton, Burnley, or Newcastle and expect to take points. Moreover, I am not just talking about Spurs here, but clubs like Ars*nal, City, United and Chelsea. Now we are in a more even league. Overall that is good for football, whether it is good for the team you support, then that is another matter. Just a thought.
You make a very good point. However, this is the worst squad we`ve had in about 7 years by my reckoning.Everybody else is getting stronger and we`re getting weaker .
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 11:03:56 PM »
You make a very good point. However, this is the worst squad we`ve had in about 7 years by my reckoning.Everybody else is getting stronger and we`re getting weaker .

True, we have had better squads over the past few but still have achieved nothing. I wonder if our new gaffer will improve on that in January?

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2014, 07:24:38 AM »

True, we have had better squads over the past few but still have achieved nothing. I wonder if our new gaffer will improve on that in January?

The question is, as always, will better players than we already have be available, and if so, will they want to come to us ? If the last few transfer windows are anything to go by, then the answer is no.

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 11:17:38 AM »

They may be better, more, or as effective as us/Ars*nal/liverpool etc. But I wouldn't say they were better in quality than what we these clubs were in recent years. I don't think their football has improved over recent years, the football played today is not near the same same standard as that of 5-10 years ago. Some of these teams are playing the same way, to the same standard but are getting more points for their pound as it were. Having a closer league is a good thing though for the good of the sport, I just wish it was closer, but with better football being played as well. If we were playing like we were, if we had kept the standard and quality of our squad then, the only side that would be competing with us would be Chelsea. At the time we were asking the club to push on, to make the important decisions to do what was necessary to put together a proper title challenge. This isn't just about pumping money, recklessly into the club, but through having the right philosophy. Looking back now, it seems such a wasted opportunity.
Maybe next year...

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2014, 12:16:17 PM »

They may be better, more, or as effective as us/Ars*nal/liverpool etc. But I wouldn't say they were better in quality than what we these clubs were in recent years. I don't think their football has improved over recent years, the football played today is not near the same same standard as that of 5-10 years ago. Some of these teams are playing the same way, to the same standard but are getting more points for their pound as it were. Having a closer league is a good thing though for the good of the sport, I just wish it was closer, but with better football being played as well. If we were playing like we were, if we had kept the standard and quality of our squad then, the only side that would be competing with us would be Chelsea. At the time we were asking the club to push on, to make the important decisions to do what was necessary to put together a proper title challenge. This isn't just about pumping money, recklessly into the club, but through having the right philosophy. Looking back now, it seems such a wasted opportunity.

Correct. The wasted opportunity was when we were in 3rd place with a 12 point lead over Ars*nal. Harry wanted a CB & striker. He got Saha & Nelson. That was a wasted opportunity for us to finish 3rd or higher. We have never been the same since then.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2014, 03:40:23 PM »

I agree. I was watching City and Chelsea last night and they are million miles ahead of us. Even some of the so-called lower clubs are better than us.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2014, 05:31:27 PM »

I agree. I was watching City and Chelsea last night and they are million miles ahead of us. Even some of the so-called lower clubs are better than us.

Spot on guys :up: , I dont want to keep going on about the past but when you compare the HR team to this it really hits home how backwards we have gone :'( , from the brink of a title challenge to a complete train crash!, the football was great, there where excelent national players and some hot youth prospects coming through(Bale), now the football is dreadfull, the manager has more excuses than the priminister!( who has just come out and said im not the manager im the head coach!!!) dont even want to go there :2funny: , There is no Keane, Defoe, Bale, RVT, Modric, who we can look to for insperation!, I not only feel we slipped out of the top 4 challenging but we are mid table at best!, are we now going to be a cup side and just plod along in the league, be the usuall whipping boys for the Citys and Chelsea etc?, its alost like the 80s all over again except back then we had Hoddle, Waddle, Allen, Clemence, Perryman, MABBUT who had some grit to get the team motivated, we had GREAT players that would light up the Lane and give us hope! WHAT HAVE WE GOT NOW?, STABOULI, FAZIO, BENTALEB,CHIRECHES, NAUGHTON!!! well great there real world beaters those guys!!!...this is without doubt the worst Tottenham team I have ever seen :-[   Chelsea, West Ham, Ars*nal, must be loving us right now.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.