« on: November 23, 2014, 02:31:11 PM »

Hull City
____

v
____

Tottenham

Barclays Premier League - Nov 23rd  - KO 16:00  - Ground: KC Stadium

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Hull City v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 04:59:37 PM »
One of our former players scoring against us? Who would have imagined that?

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 05:04:58 PM »
And another breaking down our attacks, if we loose today which looks likely I cant see poch lasting much longer.  I dont want him gone but I can see Levy and Co loosing faith.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 07:29:32 PM »
We won because, yet again, they (our opponents) had a player sent off. Wasn't it Aston Villa where we won when they had a player sent off?

Sadly I have no confidence in our team. The only good point I can see is that other clubs (apart from Chelsea) are also crap.  We need to buy in the January window in the hope of saving face.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 09:17:55 PM »
Bringing on Lennon, added the pace/cross we needed. Which lead to the first goal.
I was begin to forget about this little fella.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 07:49:26 AM »
I just cannot get over how bad we were in the first half. If Hull weren't equally bad, we might have been 3-0 down at half time. Once again, it took a player sent off to somehow wake us up, though I suspect we were going to have a better 2nd half anyway.
A few people on here have recently said why doesn't Dembele start more often ? I think yesterday's performance answered that one. As for Lamela/Soldado -  I really see no hope for those two. The back 4 were all over the place as usual, and you know you have trouble when Cherices is brought on for "tactical reasons !!!
Eriksen really is the only class outfield player we have, though Kane and Mason are putting in decent shifts, and at least Kane scores now and again, unlike Soldado, who really is totally hopeless.
How bad is the prem this year, when we are 2 points off Man Utd in 4th, who are also crap.

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 07:57:11 AM »
Bringing on Lennon, added the pace/cross we needed. Which lead to the first goal.
I was begin to forget about this little fella.

I know Lennon isn't always playing at the top of his game but when he does, what he does best, he can be effective. It also shows the key area we need to inject into the side. The positions are negotiable to a certain degree (i.e. anyone can be replaced and improved upon with the exception of Lloris) but whoever we bring in, they must, absolutely must have pace.

We also need Poch to stop playing the pooch and start playing the...(take your pick: Rottweiler, Border Collie, Labrador etc.)
Maybe next year...

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 02:39:17 PM »
...you know you have trouble when Cherices is brought on for "tactical reasons !!!
To be fair, he was good yesterday.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 04:01:37 PM »
...you know you have trouble when Cherices is brought on for "tactical reasons !!!
To be fair, he was good yesterday.

Yes, he was better at RB than Dyer.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 05:35:27 PM »
I personaly believe we are not seeing the real Tottenham due to this stupid, silly , outrages tatic we continue to use in flooding the midfield!, I keep bringing this up but it is blatently obvious that we NEED out and out wingers!!!, yes in the past we have had many but now we have none!!!!, we continue to play so cramped its ridiculous, yesterday the was one moment when we Fazio tried to play it out from the back and there where 6 players in the space of 10ft! in the end he did a rash pass and gave possession away in a dangerous area!, we have big names under performing but in realistic terms how much is this down to not getting to the byline and or whipping early balls into the box to create havoc in our opponents penalty area we will start doing some real damage!, to create the space in behind we must split the opposing teams midfield and and centerbacks, this can only be achieved by moving the ball quickly across the entire pitch!.
If we do this then maybe our big names will start producing whats expected of them!, there is no way in hell this will happen playing like we are at present.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 08:53:34 PM by Blackjack »
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 07:30:38 PM »
I went to the game and I was not impressed. We were lucky again that they had a player sent off, but I cannot see us improving without new blood. I go to many away games (all home games) and it is making me feel depressed.

Jane x

Offline Spursx

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 07:44:26 PM »
I too went to the match yesterday and all I can say is 'thank god' they had a player sent off. We seem to be better against 9 than 10.

I also watched the Crystal Palace game yesterday, against Liverpool and I thought, if we only had some of their players with their fighting attitude. Two home games we must win coming up. I am too scared to call that one. :hide:

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 01:01:26 AM »
The only good point I can see is that other clubs (apart from Chelsea) are also crap.  We need to buy in the January window in the hope of saving face.

For once I completely agree with you. The way things are looking, there is actually a chance that we could play the worst football in my lifetime and still get into Europe, possibly even Champions League. However, I actually think this would be the worst thing that could happen to us. It would only further Levy & Co's beliefs that they are doing a great job and they would be in no mind to change their philosophy or approach. That would believe that is was their hard work, their decisions that helped us get there. Rather than seeing the reality that is was more down to the incompetence of the other teams around us. Yes, for a short while we could celebrate being in the the Champion's League for example, but this would be a very short celebration, as I think it would be unlikely we would get past the qualifying stage.

I want us to get there obviously, but I also want what is best for the club and what is best for the fans. The supporters deserve to watch the kind of football that is comparable to the amount of money they are handing over each week / season. Personally, I think they are entitled to a refund for selling something under false pretenses. We need to find out what is the root of all our problems and fix it quick. It isn't the manager's fault, how can it be? When it does not matter who is in charge, the product is the same. There is more to this than we are told, I'm sure of it.

But it also makes me wonder, why are there so many teams playing well under expectation. Along with our good selves, teams like Ars*nal, Liverpool, Everton, Manchester Utd and City to a certain extent are all dropping points and not playing to the quality we are used to. Suddenly, Newcastle, West Ham, Swansea and particularly Southampton are producing more effective results. Why? It isn't because they have gone out and spent a 100 million on new players, that is for sure. It has to be more to do with the ethos at each club. A little while back Pardew and Allardyce we getting pressure from the fans, but they were kept in place, now look at them. Are they benefiting from the poor quality around them, or are they doing something better behind the scenes?
Maybe next year...

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2014, 06:44:51 AM »
Despite us playing like crap, I am happy that the Premier League has become somewhat more interesting as anyone can drop points against anyone.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 08:00:24 AM »
Despite us playing like crap, I am happy that the Premier League has become somewhat more interesting as anyone can drop points against anyone.
The only good point I can see is that other clubs (apart from Chelsea) are also crap.  We need to buy in the January window in the hope of saving face.

For once I completely agree with you. The way things are looking, there is actually a chance that we could play the worst football in my lifetime and still get into Europe, possibly even Champions League. However, I actually think this would be the worst thing that could happen to us. It would only further Levy & Co's beliefs that they are doing a great job and they would be in no mind to change their philosophy or approach. That would believe that is was their hard work, their decisions that helped us get there. Rather than seeing the reality that is was more down to the incompetence of the other teams around us. Yes, for a short while we could celebrate being in the the Champion's League for example, but this would be a very short celebration, as I think it would be unlikely we would get past the qualifying stage.

I want us to get there obviously, but I also want what is best for the club and what is best for the fans. The supporters deserve to watch the kind of football that is comparable to the amount of money they are handing over each week / season. Personally, I think they are entitled to a refund for selling something under false pretenses. We need to find out what is the root of all our problems and fix it quick. It isn't the manager's fault, how can it be? When it does not matter who is in charge, the product is the same. There is more to this than we are told, I'm sure of it.

But it also makes me wonder, why are there so many teams playing well under expectation. Along with our good selves, teams like Ars*nal, Liverpool, Everton, Manchester Utd and City to a certain extent are all dropping points and not playing to the quality we are used to. Suddenly, Newcastle, West Ham, Swansea and particularly Southampton are producing more effective results. Why? It isn't because they have gone out and spent a 100 million on new players, that is for sure. It has to be more to do with the ethos at each club. A little while back Pardew and Allardyce we getting pressure from the fans, but they were kept in place, now look at them. Are they benefiting from the poor quality around them, or are they doing something better behind the scenes?

You are right in there is things going on behind closed doors and we will probably never find out!, but on the football side the reason for some of the lesser teams playing well is that they are doing the basic things right and not having the money to spend they have now got settled teams, the player know each others games but most of all they play with passion and desire, a will to win thats second to none, they have been so used to playing for their league survival that now they know no diffrence in playing that way every single game!, if half our team showed this we would be finding consistency, but at present the manager keeps changing things around because he is still searching for his right team, this coupled with not getting Schnidelen and the current players lack of or refusing to play the way he wants( which I hate by the way), I want to be fair to MP but his current arrogance is borderline stupidity at the moment and when watching sat in the dug out his whole dimeana is very laid back and if us the fans can see this then the players can too.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.