SpursNetwork

Tottenham v Stoke City

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Tottenham v Stoke City
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 07:34:38 PM »
Reading the posts above I agree that there is not much difference between us from the top or bottom, but still, I cannot see us grabbing that top four spot. And we are not bad enough to get relegated, but that does not change the fact that we were rubbish on Sunday, and we seem to be getting worse. Kane was given his chance to start and fluffed it. To be fair to him he should have been up front with Soldado. I do not blame the manager, but the crap he was to work with (which he inherited). What next? Spurs away to Hull, that is what is next. On paper, a win, but the way we have been playing a catastrophe could be on the cards.

Jane x

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2014, 08:17:54 AM »
You are quite right the positve and negative margains are small at the moment so we do have a slim chance to get back in there,  the most worrying thing is we are not playing  or showing any improvement and all we hear from the manager is excuses!, he now MUST , stop the good guy aproach and gey stuck into his players and also take a long hard look at his own actions as if he sorts himself out the team may start responding!, personaly I think we might have finaly used up all our lives. Another 3-4 more games like  the last home games and we will be well adrift of the pack.

Agreed

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2014, 09:55:51 PM »
Reading the posts above I agree that there is not much difference between us from the top or bottom, but still, I cannot see us grabbing that top four spot. And we are not bad enough to get relegated, but that does not change the fact that we were rubbish on Sunday, and we seem to be getting worse. Kane was given his chance to start and fluffed it. To be fair to him he should have been up front with Soldado. I do not blame the manager, but the crap he was to work with (which he inherited). What next? Spurs away to Hull, that is what is next. On paper, a win, but the way we have been playing a catastrophe could be on the cards.

Jane x

There has always been a thin line between success and failure and we are riding on that  line atm. We missed a fantastic opportunity to overtake ManU, Liverpool and a few others and draw level with the Arse  in 6th place. I would have put my shirt on a win at home to Stoke. Well... almost! Instead we will now be shaking all the way to Hull in the hope that our 3 ex-players have a crap game. Believe me when I say that Huddlestone, Dawson & Livermore will do their best to upset their old mates.

It will take a complete change of attitude to get any points at Hull.  So, more of the same this week-end methinks!

Offline Don

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2014, 07:34:54 PM »
Howdy again folks,
I watched the game against Stoke and I was appalled by the rubbish I saw. I am 78 years old and I’ve seen some great players in my time. I was about 10 when I was taken to White Hart Lane and I’ve seen some great football in my time. Great managers like Arthur Rowe (I saw the push and run side), Bill Nicholson (again, I saw the double team) an even Burkinshaw, but what  I have seen lately must make those managers turn in their grave (and yes I know Burkinshsaw is still alive). What is happening to our and their Spurs? When you put on a Spurs shirt you showed respect, but this current crop of s**te is a disgrace. Managers come and bugger us up and leave and are replaced by another one with different ideas. We need consistency, mental strength and respect for the badge. But what we have instead is over inflated players who want big bucks for doing as little as possible.
The manager should say you either play or you are out. Out! Not to pander to their whims. It won’t be long until we become a laughing stock.
As for the comments about others playing badly, poppycock. We shouldn’t be worrying about other’s failings. We should be worrying about ourselves. We don’t want to slip in on the backs of other’s disappointments. That is not the Spurs way, only a cowardly slimy no gooder would sneak in through the back door.
Spurs have got a break so a few heads should be banged together with a few swift kicks up the jacksies. 

Offline Spursx

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2014, 08:04:55 PM »
One of the reasons I haven’t been on for a while is because of the rubbish I witnessed on Sunday just gone. I agree with Don when he said we could end up being a laughing stock. How can those players live with themselves? They call themselves professionals, what a laugh! I’ve seen better football on a park. Unless somebody sorts them out quickly, we could be looking at Championship football next season. I’ve been a season ticket holder for years and I have seen some crap in my time and what I witnessed on Sunday seems to be competing with Spurs previous dark days.
I am also not interested with the other clubs doing badly, my only concern is Spurs and them lifting themselves from the floors of hell.
We are Spurs, not clowns trying to amuse the Ars*nal supporters.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2014, 09:05:32 PM »
I agree with Don when he said we could end up being a laughing stock.
We already have.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2014, 08:04:46 AM »
Howdy again folks,
I watched the game against Stoke and I was appalled by the rubbish I saw. I am 78 years old and I’ve seen some great players in my time. I was about 10 when I was taken to White Hart Lane and I’ve seen some great football in my time. Great managers like Arthur Rowe (I saw the push and run side), Bill Nicholson (again, I saw the double team) an even Burkinshaw, but what  I have seen lately must make those managers turn in their grave (and yes I know Burkinshsaw is still alive). What is happening to our and their Spurs? When you put on a Spurs shirt you showed respect, but this current crop of s**te is a disgrace. Managers come and bugger us up and leave and are replaced by another one with different ideas. We need consistency, mental strength and respect for the badge. But what we have instead is over inflated players who want big bucks for doing as little as possible.
The manager should say you either play or you are out. Out! Not to pander to their whims. It won’t be long until we become a laughing stock.
As for the comments about others playing badly, poppycock. We shouldn’t be worrying about other’s failings. We should be worrying about ourselves. We don’t want to slip in on the backs of other’s disappointments. That is not the Spurs way, only a cowardly slimy no gooder would sneak in through the back door.
Spurs have got a break so a few heads should be banged together with a few swift kicks up the jacksies.

Interesting points, and I agree totally, having watched Spurs since 1965 myself. I seem to remember that our last really great manager, Keith Burkinshaw, was complaining of player power when he resigned all those years ago.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2014, 04:16:51 PM »
We need an influx of new players, players that Pochettino want, not what Levy want.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2014, 07:56:11 PM »
Changing and chopping mid-season doesn't bring us the success we are craving for. Sad, but true.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2014, 09:02:51 AM »
Changing and chopping mid-season doesn't bring us the success we are craving for. Sad, but true.
But we are not going to get success with the players we've got and we need another striker or two. Normally I would agree with you, however, we need an influx of new talent into the squad. Pochettino needs his own squad, not hand-me-downs.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2014, 09:05:18 AM »
What we need is Poch to have the insight, vision and ability to work with the players that he has and play to their strengths if he can identify them, right now he isn't getting any new players and Jan is a long way off if you look at points that can be won and lost in that time.

He is not doing himself any favors with the players, the supporters and those in power continuing with his methods which are not working at all and then sighting excuses regarding pitch width and not having the players to play his system is just utter crap and tells me he is crumbling.

What is most worrying this season is that we are in clear decline, there is little to cheer regarding our performances, nothing to give us hope.  Due to this its worrying times, I don't believe we will get anywhere near top 4 this season and if all continues bottom 4 is more likely and rebuilding will be even harder.

Why have the last 3 managers failed so badly is the question that now needs to be asked and answered.

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2014, 06:30:58 PM »
What we need is Poch to have the insight, vision and ability to work with the players that he has and play to their strengths if he can identify them, right now he isn't getting any new players and Jan is a long way off if you look at points that can be won and lost in that time.

He is not doing himself any favors with the players, the supporters and those in power continuing with his methods which are not working at all and then sighting excuses regarding pitch width and not having the players to play his system is just utter crap and tells me he is crumbling.

What is most worrying this season is that we are in clear decline, there is little to cheer regarding our performances, nothing to give us hope.  Due to this its worrying times, I don't believe we will get anywhere near top 4 this season and if all continues bottom 4 is more likely and rebuilding will be even harder.

Why have the last 3 managers failed so badly is the question that now needs to be asked and answered.

Grim reading and sadly very true. Our last game v Stoke has really got me down and I cannot think straight on our upcoming visit to Hull. Another lost game would really set the freefall to the relegation zone.  The only glimmer of hope is that the boys will realize how serious the situation is and get their fingers out at Kick-off!

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2014, 07:17:31 PM »
Pochettino is Villas-Boas MKII

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2014, 01:59:32 PM »
Pochettino is Villas-Boas MKII

Based on stats Riff far worse, we are currently having our worst start to an EPL season since 2008/09 and that was under Ramos!

I am not convinced by Poch, I dont want him changed as I feel we need to build and have stability.  The powers that be have made many mistakes over recent seasons, sacking AVB far too early being the biggest.  Time to stop chopping and changing managers and for Levy & Co support them instead, I feel it will get worse before it gets better.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!