SpursNetwork

Tottenham v Stoke City

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Tottenham v Stoke City
« on: November 09, 2014, 03:54:04 PM »
Just great, a loss. Why on earth did Pochettino sell Dawson and bring in Fazio who is so horribly below par that it hurts?

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
Re: Tottenham v Stoke City
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 04:10:36 PM »
Im going to say that MP has no idea what to do with this pile of crap!,  thet are just not enough!, what makes it worse is his persistance in playing his style of football could very well see us bottom  by christmas. I do not share the idea of giving him time because he is clearly another AVB and his own arragonce in not seeing whats right infront of him will spell desaster for THFC!, I believe if we continue to let him choose a side as he is doing then we are going to need another get out of jail card,  >:(
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 05:06:16 PM »
We could actually get relegated playing like this...

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 05:59:58 PM »
 There is something very wrong here and do I want to watch us lose to Stoke on MOTD at home tonight? NO,

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 06:04:12 PM »
It sums it up when our own fans dont want to watch our team!, we dont even play like a sunday legue team now.
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 07:29:54 PM »
Terrible display, why is MP sticking with this style of play that the players can not or will not adapt too.

I also question is ability to motivate the team, install passion and hunger in their performances.  We are in dire trouble and getting worse. 

Will MP be given time to build I this displays I doubt it as he is showing zero promise TBH
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 08:30:12 PM »
As I've said before - I really think Pochettino's lack of English is one of the factors. Also, it seems the players are unsure of themselves and team's tactics. I think Pochettino will get the sack before 2015, and while he hasn't actually set the Lane alight, it would mean we'd be back to the drawing-board once again and this time there's no-one in our system who'd take the role and seriously, who would want to take over a club run by Levy and his muppet Baldini?!

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 08:37:34 PM »
I don't understand why he will not tell his wing players to stay out wide and play two upfront?, he has has plenty of warning so if he goes he will have only himself to blame!, he got booed of at ht and ft and and surely Levy cannot condone these displays?. :'(
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline dublinboy99

• Hero: Hoddle
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 08:51:06 PM »
Part of the problem is the MP doesn't know his best team BUT given that most of our players are of the same average ability its no wonder.  Very few of our players are automatic choices right now.  Other than Llloris I can't name one player who should play before anybody else?  Adebayor came on today and did nothing.  He didn't upset the Stoke defence in any way to allow Kane enjoy a bit of freedom?  Dembele is totally off his game, Lamela is a one trick pony, Mason tries and tries but he's not Glen Hoddle, Kaboul is a disaster, Rose is a winger turned full back and the list goes on and on and on.  Not MP's fault that he inherited a very ordinary squad but at least change the system and give us something to support?

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 12:01:30 AM »
Levy out, Baldini out. Once those two are gone, then let the new people decide who is going to be our next manager. I said before that if this goes wrong again then it must be Levy who takes the first hit. If that does not happen and we get rid of MP first, then nothing will change.

Look at Southampton, they sold half their squad, lost MP and yet they are having the best season for a long time, why? Maybe it is because the structures and people they have in place in and around the club are good. MP may have only done as well as he did there, because of that fact, rather than his own innate ability. he carried on the good work done by Nigel Adkins did.

The s**t filters down from the top, if it is rotten there, how do we expect our managers to polish a turd?
Maybe next year...

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2014, 07:22:02 AM »
Part of the problem is the MP doesn't know his best team BUT given that most of our players are of the same average ability its no wonder.  Very few of our players are automatic choices right now.  Other than Llloris I can't name one player who should play before anybody else?  Adebayor came on today and did nothing.  He didn't upset the Stoke defence in any way to allow Kane enjoy a bit of freedom?  Dembele is totally off his game, Lamela is a one trick pony, Mason tries and tries but he's not Glen Hoddle, Kaboul is a disaster, Rose is a winger turned full back and the list goes on and on and on.  Not MP's fault that he inherited a very ordinary squad but at least change the system and give us something to support?

DB99 I think you have it spot on out of all these posts. Quite frankly we have just 2 players who would get into a genuine top 4 side, Lloris and JVT(who looks like he's lost interest)
So where do we go from here ? Well unless we can bring in some players who are capable of playing Pochettino's system, then I imagine that he, like his dozen or so predecessors, will get sacked.
Is Levy really that arrogant that he somehow imagines all this s**t is not his fault ? Probably. Is Lewis bothered enough to sack Levy ? probably not.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2014, 10:38:03 AM »
Well, I don't think we payed well and we certainly didn't deserve the win. We are on a downward trend at the mo and I cannot see where the improvements will be coming from. I  hope that Kane is given a chance to start his first game with posssibly Soldado behind him and today at home v Stoke would be a great opportunity, as long as we shore up the back!

AND THEREIN LIES THE PROBLEM  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

As I said "The Defence is the problem" Rose(Not a Left Back's Arsehole), Kaboul(Couldn't organize a Piss-Up in a Brewery, let alone a defence),  Fazio(Well the Juries out, too early to tell), Naughton(Just not a Premier League Player). :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
          I just cannot understand Pochettino's Team Selections, he gives Kane a much deserved PL start, but plays him as a lone striker, HE NEEDS HELP, play him with either Ade or Soldado to support him, why is Paulinho not even on the bench, and what about Stambouli, we had nearly ONE MILLIONS POUNDS WORTH OF PLAYERS SAT ON THE BENCH, and those 2 weren't even among them, and Davies as well.  >:( >:( >:(
          That was one of the worst performances I have seen for many a year, and I have seen some poor one's, let me tell you, but that was a f**kING DISGRACE, the whole Team should be ASHAMED of themselves, and Levy and Co. should seriously consider resigning because THEY are ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
:SN:[font

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2014, 02:49:38 PM »
The more we descuss it we are all more or less on the same wave length and your right, Stambouli brought in and does not play!, Davis brought in and does not play!, are we now buying players to just sell on?, we need them NOW!, BEST TEAM ONLY, get a string of good results then tinker!, that is ofcourse if what we have is good enough and I dont think it is, Levy and Baldini have really missed the ship on this one. >:(
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 04:43:27 PM »
We could actually get relegated playing like this...

I would agree with you if it wasn’t for that we are not the only ones misfiring. Apart from Chelsea, they are all in trouble. City drew with QPR (and don't forget Stoke beat City on City's ground), Swansea beat Ars*nal etc. over the weekend. We are eleventh in the league, but only four points behind fourth place (West Ham). We are seven points behind City, who are in third place. Southampton, who were favourites to struggle this season are second. The only team that has a decent record is Chelsea. Chelsea is unbeaten. Saying all that, we are only seven points behind Burnley, who are at rock bottom. And because of that we are still in with a shout to be in the top four, at the same time we are also in with a shout to be relegation.

This has to be one of the most unusual seasons in Premier league history. From what I said above, I wouldn’t rule out of a top 4 place, at the same time I wouldn’t rule us out being relegated.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 06:53:44 PM »
You are quite right the positve and negative margains are small at the moment so we do have a slim chance to get back in there,  the most worrying thing is we are not playing  or showing any improvement and all we hear from the manager is excuses!, he now MUST , stop the good guy aproach and gey stuck into his players and also take a long hard look at his own actions as if he sorts himself out the team may start responding!, personaly I think we might have finaly used up all our lives. Another 3-4 more games like  the last home games and we will be well adrift of the pack.
SPURS TILL I DIE