SpursNetwork

Why do we buy our players?

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
Why do we buy our players?
« on: October 28, 2014, 12:33:23 PM »
Seriously!, why do we buy our players?
1 Vorm, NEVER plays!
2 BEN Davies, 10M cant get in the first team!!!!
3 Stambouli! WHO? what the hell is that all about?
4 Lamela? Shows promise but is not involved in the game enough! far too greedy!
5 Chadli, what position is he? Winger? lacks real pace!, Center forward? not composes enough finisher!
6 Soldado! SHOULD HAVE BEEN OUR NEXT LINERKER!, spends far to much time out of the box! and is hardly seen in games, no cofidence and CANT play up his own!.
7 Chiriches? A defender!!! lmfao!, shouldnt even be called a footballer! absolute rubbish.
8 Capouue? looks solid but average at best, not one for lighting up the stadium!.

Modric, Bale, RVT,Defoe, Keane, Now theres real quality, class, and style and you got what you paid for!, we are where we are because we wasted over 100M and tried the bargain basement rule!, this club will be called the HAS BINS if this carries on much longer! THE WORST TEAM I can remember and with no real wonder player for us to fall back on!, Cant wait till January to see which choice they come up with next? O we need Fabregas so lets get someone from a 3rd tier club!!!.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Why do we buy our players?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 12:50:42 PM »
Seriously!, why do we buy our players?
1 Vorm, NEVER plays!
2 BEN Davies, 10M cant get in the first team!!!!
4 Lamela? Shows promise but is not involved in the game enough! far too greedy!
5 Chadli, what position is he? Winger? lacks real pace!, Center forward? not composes enough finisher!
6 Soldado! SHOULD HAVE BEEN OUR NEXT LINERKER!, spends far to much time out of the box! and is hardly seen in games, no cofidence and CANT play up his own!.
7 Chiriches? A defender!!! lmfao!, shouldnt even be called a footballer! absolute rubbish.
8 Capouue? looks solid but average at best, not one for lighting up the stadium!.

Modric, Bale, RVT,Defoe, Keane, Now theres real quality, class, and style and you got what you paid for!, we are where we are because we wasted over 100M and tried the bargain basement rule!, this club will be called the HAS BINS if this carries on much longer! THE WORST TEAM I can remember and with no real wonder player for us to fall back on!, Cant wait till January to see which choice they come up with next? O we need Fabregas so lets get someone from a 3rd tier club!!!.

1. Vorm - my bet is a deal has already been done to sell Lloris, probably to Barcelona, for 25 mill or whatever Levy can get.
2 - onwards, I am in complete agreement. Please see my post today on "Spurs v Newcastle" it mirrors your comments 100%

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 04:39:07 PM »
A lot of those players were bought as backups. A lot of the ones you named play in the cup matches only. However, I do believe that some of those players you mentioned should replace some of the regular first team players.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Spursx

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 07:46:56 PM »
We don't play well in the first team therefore we should try out our second string of players in the first team. We can't do much worse.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 01:03:05 PM »
We don't play well in the first team therefore we should try out our second string of players in the first team. We can't do much worse.

Funnily enough I thought of the same thing.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RSS61

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 01:14:29 PM »

Of all our areas of concern, for me the defence is no 1.

First choice RB, Walker, is injured. So is Naughton. Dier is clearly not a RB. First choice CB pairing is another issue. Kaboul is dreadful, but our captain for some strange reason, so cannot really be dropped. JVT seems uninterested and should be dropped, but who for ?? Cherices is useless, Fazio got sent off in his first game. Dier is at RB. Rose is first choice LB but clearly not good enough. Ben Davies appears for the moment to be even worse.

All in all we are in a mess, is it any wonder we are getting beaten for fun. I imagine Brighton will be 100% up for it tonight, and I wouldn't be surprised if they turn us over too.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 01:37:41 PM »

Of all our areas of concern, for me the defence is no 1.

First choice RB, Walker, is injured. So is Naughton. Dier is clearly not a RB. First choice CB pairing is another issue. Kaboul is dreadful, but our captain for some strange reason, so cannot really be dropped. JVT seems uninterested and should be dropped, but who for ?? Cherices is useless, Fazio got sent off in his first game. Dier is at RB. Rose is first choice LB but clearly not good enough. Ben Davies appears for the moment to be even worse.

All in all we are in a mess, is it any wonder we are getting beaten for fun. I imagine Brighton will be 100% up for it tonight, and I wouldn't be surprised if they turn us over too.

Brighton might be up for it tonight, but they've got problems of their own. They haven't won a match since August and also have injury problems. Their manager is also under pressure, but I think we will win out in the end. Well, at least I hope so!!!
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 05:52:43 AM »

So, the fact you don't know the player automatically makes him a crap one?  :hide:

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 08:04:41 PM »

So, the fact you don't know the player automatically makes him a crap one?  :hide:

1 yes it does , 2 he is no better than what we have! 3 we do not need another average defensive midfield player! 4 I never said he was crap You did!!!!, 5 Are you seriously saying you like having a nots so well known compared to a Bale, Modric,Lampard,Silva, Messi? 6 do you not want the very best for our club?, 7 Yes we need experience but it has to be GREAT PLAYERS! Players who have been and done the business Regular ! Our great club is taking gamble after gamble and hoping one day we will win the lottery! That is nothing short of stupid!  Its time we take serious look at our scouting system , no more rush buys, no more going on here say !   Make the right choice first and keep hold of the best ones! As much as I hate the gooners Venger does not rush into buying 6-7 players he waits for quality, if its not available he does NOT BUY, he does not buy players in positions he has already got enough quality in! He is NEVER pressured into buying a player he does not want but the chairmen does!, he and only he has the final say and until we follow suit then our decline is only going to get so bad that it is to late!, I want MP to succeed but he can not rely on previous transfer policies, he must now go for REAL QUALITY.
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 04:16:16 PM »

1 yes it does , 2 he is no better than what we have! 3 we do not need another average defensive midfield player! 4 I never said he was crap You did!!!!, 5 Are you seriously saying you like having a nots so well known compared to a Bale, Modric,Lampard,Silva, Messi? 6 do you not want the very best for our club?, 7 Yes we need experience but it has to be GREAT PLAYERS! Players who have been and done the business Regular ! Our great club is taking gamble after gamble and hoping one day we will win the lottery! That is nothing short of stupid!  Its time we take serious look at our scouting system , no more rush buys, no more going on here say !   Make the right choice first and keep hold of the best ones! As much as I hate the gooners Venger does not rush into buying 6-7 players he waits for quality, if its not available he does NOT BUY, he does not buy players in positions he has already got enough quality in! He is NEVER pressured into buying a player he does not want but the chairmen does!, he and only he has the final say and until we follow suit then our decline is only going to get so bad that it is to late!, I want MP to succeed but he can not rely on previous transfer policies, he must now go for REAL QUALITY.

Give it a year or so and most of those players will be gone. Pochettino needs to stamp his identity on the team and he hasn't been able to do that so far.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 04:39:55 AM »

Give it a year or so and most of those players will be gone. Pochettino needs to stamp his identity on the team and he hasn't been able to do that so far.

I agree, but the point is, why on earth were they bought in the first place? And if the same person is making the decisions to buy new players, why would they be better next time. I read somewhere that Levy was going to overhaul the scouting and transfer policies. This will be a good start, but I worry this is just a token gesture to try and keep his own position safe.
Maybe next year...

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 03:13:45 PM »
In a year if we have continue to play this lackluster, clueless football then we will be in or around the bottom 3 of the table an MP will be out of a job!, he has to get his stamp  NOW my friend!, there is no time to relax!, every new manager we have had has had some positive effect but I think MP still does not know his best team! an it appears he has no idea how to motivate them!, he talks the talk but he needs to turn his words in to reality! :up: , I want him to do well but he has to dangle a carrot to give us the fans some belief in him!.
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 07:44:45 AM »
Spot on blackjack, right now with the same team that got AVB the sack when we were sat around 5th in the league is now sat 14th, closer to the bottom 3 than the top 4 points wise, our worst league position since Ramos and worryingly we dont look like we are going to progress upwards in the near future.

Out of the players we have available I would agree that MP doesnt know who his best starting 11 is, he is now giving silly excuses for tactics not working such as the size of the pitch at WHL this tells me he is lost!

With some of the players brought in some show great promise in some matches, then revert back to being invisible again.  Whilst they are great at keeping possession they fail to great the end product which is costing us greatly.

I believe there are some serious background issues at our great club and these have been effecting team and manager performance over the last couple of seasons.

I want MP to be a success but right now I would not be surprised if Levy is looking at other options as I would be surprised if Levy was to sanction any transfer funds to a manager that he is not confident with.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RSS61

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 11:13:38 AM »

Tottenham Hotspur’s scouting network is a joke, according to former sporting director Damien Comolli.

Spurs are sitting 12th in the Premier League after 11 games and their transfer business is under heavy scrutiny, with the majority of their signings over the last two years struggling to adapt to the demands of the Premier League.

Expensive buys like Roberto Soldado, Paulinho, Vlad Chiriches and Federico Fazio have failed to live up to their price tags, while £10million left-back Ben Davies is being kept out of the team by Danny Rose.

Their technical director Franco Baldini is currently in charge of their affairs in this area but Comolli has brutally laid bare the club’s failings by revealing their understaffed recruitment team is a laughing stock amongst the world’s biggest clubs.

He told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast: “If the board or the chairman feel the club is not functioning properly it’s up to them to sit down and review the situation.

“From the outside, what I can tell you is that among the top 20 clubs in the world, in terms of wealth, Spurs are the only ones who haven’t got a scouting network.

“They are clearly understaffed in this aspect. It has become a kind of joke in the scouting community. They say, ‘have you seen a Spurs scout?’ You don’t see them. I don’t think they’ve got any.

“[When I was at Tottenham] we had 12 full-time scouts. We had a great scouting staff. The scout we had in Italy at the time is now the sporting director at Sampdoria after being sporting director at Monaco. The one we had in Spain is now head of recruitment for a big club in Spain. The one we had in Argentina is now head of recruitment for a club in Italy, so we had a strong scouting network which allowed us to sign all those players. Now it doesn’t seem to be the case."

And there problems don't end there, according to Comolli: “They have this fantastic [training] facility that Daniel Levy and I fought very hard to build but they need some brain power in there.

“If you look at the top clubs in the Premier League, all of them have got five fitness coaches and five physiotherapists just for the first-team but I don’t think Spurs have got anywhere near that at the moment.

“There is a lot to be done to address this situation.”

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-tottenhams-scouting-network-joke-around-world-claims-comolli-141110123688#JrUZh51YA3egcuj1.99

Just read this article. Maybe it goes some way to explain the current problems.

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 12:53:19 AM »

Tottenham Hotspur’s scouting network is a joke, according to former sporting director Damien Comolli.

Spurs are sitting 12th in the Premier League after 11 games and their transfer business is under heavy scrutiny, with the majority of their signings over the last two years struggling to adapt to the demands of the Premier League.

Expensive buys like Roberto Soldado, Paulinho, Vlad Chiriches and Federico Fazio have failed to live up to their price tags, while £10million left-back Ben Davies is being kept out of the team by Danny Rose.

Their technical director Franco Baldini is currently in charge of their affairs in this area but Comolli has brutally laid bare the club’s failings by revealing their understaffed recruitment team is a laughing stock amongst the world’s biggest clubs.

He told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast: “If the board or the chairman feel the club is not functioning properly it’s up to them to sit down and review the situation.

“From the outside, what I can tell you is that among the top 20 clubs in the world, in terms of wealth, Spurs are the only ones who haven’t got a scouting network.

“They are clearly understaffed in this aspect. It has become a kind of joke in the scouting community. They say, ‘have you seen a Spurs scout?’ You don’t see them. I don’t think they’ve got any.

“[When I was at Tottenham] we had 12 full-time scouts. We had a great scouting staff. The scout we had in Italy at the time is now the sporting director at Sampdoria after being sporting director at Monaco. The one we had in Spain is now head of recruitment for a big club in Spain. The one we had in Argentina is now head of recruitment for a club in Italy, so we had a strong scouting network which allowed us to sign all those players. Now it doesn’t seem to be the case."

And there problems don't end there, according to Comolli: “They have this fantastic [training] facility that Daniel Levy and I fought very hard to build but they need some brain power in there.

“If you look at the top clubs in the Premier League, all of them have got five fitness coaches and five physiotherapists just for the first-team but I don’t think Spurs have got anywhere near that at the moment.

“There is a lot to be done to address this situation.”

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-tottenhams-scouting-network-joke-around-world-claims-comolli-141110123688#JrUZh51YA3egcuj1.99

Just read this article. Maybe it goes some way to explain the current problems.

Great post RSS61, I think this highlights another issue of mismanagement at the top. The whole structure at Spurs needs an overhaul and until the top is changed, or has a new philosophy, we will be treading water at best for years to come.
Maybe next year...