Tottenham
____

v
____

Newcastle

Barclays Premier League - 26th Oct  - KO 13:30  - Ground: White Hart Lane

« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 01:22:43 PM by RiffHard »

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Newcastle
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 01:24:43 PM »
Starting XI: Lloris; Dier, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose; Capoue, Mason; Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli; Adebayor
Subs: Kane, Lennon, Davies, Soldado, Dembélé, Vorm, Chiriches

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 03:19:31 PM »
Disgrace.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 04:12:07 PM »
We are not in a good place right now, closer to the bottom three than top 4 points wise and our worst league position since Ramos.

I really don't know what is going on but Poch seems clueless in the EPL right now, changes made too late and our defense is shocking.

Yet again we dominate with possession and pass rate success yet loose.

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline dublinboy99

• Hero: Hoddle
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 07:56:40 PM »
Its easy to see why we are where we are right now:

Kaboul, Rose, Chadli, Lamela and Adebayor are not players that are going to get you into the Top 4 let alone win you matches.  Dier is not a full back and will be better when Walker is back and he can play in a central defensive position (either him or Fazio insteadof Kaboul).  I know Rose always gives 100% but he's average to say the least and the defensive side of his game leaves him exposed time and time again.

If we have such a big panel why did so many of todays starting line (6) play on Thursday night?
Not sure about Poch, he's turning into another AVB?

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 05:36:09 AM »
At least Adebayor scored yesterday. Chadli and Lamela were woefully ineffectual, and Ameobi's goal was Dier's fault as he was scratching his backside when the second half whistle went. As for Newcastle's second goal, Vertonghen could have at least tried to intervene the cross, but his half-arsed jump was rather embarrassing and very much proves his unhappiness and unwillingess to play for Spurs.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 04:35:20 PM »
The first half we out played Newcastle, the second half they were a different game. A very bad result. We should have won that match.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 05:29:21 PM »
Lets face it the toon game highlighted again  how to many players are taking the piss!, A player arrives back fo the second half late then pays no attention to the game when goes onto the pitch! 7 seconds later we have coneded,No player in our team is busting a gut to wear the shirt, every week its another school boy error!, when is the manager going to grow a pair and bloody get stuck into them and tell them to wake up or bugger off!! No more nice guy from me Im going to tell it as it is...A shambles, dominating possession, no end product and a complete circus at the back no mattet which players play there! We are the laughing stock of noeth London and the players dont seem to care. >:(
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 07:02:03 PM »
Going my the first half I thought we would get a couple more in the second, then they got their goals and we collapsed. What the hell happened? Even Pardew admitted on MOTD that they were terrible in the first half. I cannot imagine half of those players will be with us when summer comes along. I also bet Bale was glad he jumped ship. Terrible is all I can say.

Jane x

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 06:59:58 AM »
        Once again we dominated possession and lost, two very SLOPPY goals conceded yet again, once they scored their second goal we just went into our shells. At this stage Poch doesn't seem to have a plan B or C when plan A doesn't work. Pardew made what turned out to be 2 inspired substitutions at half-time which won him the game, he moved Sissoko back into midfield and he neutralized Ryan Mason who was dominating the midfield in the 1st half, unfortunately Poch didn't counter this. All in all it was a very poor performance all round and I am including the coaches in that summation. :( :( :( :(
:SN:[font

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 08:11:14 AM »
        Once again we dominated possession and lost, two very SLOPPY goals conceded yet again, once they scored their second goal we just went into our shells. At this stage Poch doesn't seem to have a plan B or C when plan A doesn't work. Pardew made what turned out to be 2 inspired substitutions at half-time which won him the game, he moved Sissoko back into midfield and he neutralized Ryan Mason who was dominating the midfield in the 1st half, unfortunately Poch didn't counter this. All in all it was a very poor performance all round and I am including the coaches in that summation. :( :( :( :(

Unfortunately Paul I think we have to face the fact that the main reason there is no plan B is because we have a squad of average players at best, no match winner to bring on, or commanding figure to steady the defence, no flair player to liven up the attack. And worst of all, there is no backbone to the team, after Newcastle scored their first, our below par captain admitted that he thought we were going to lose the game.
Garry Neville alluded to it, when he said that there is a malaise at Spurs, has been there for years. No team fears us as they know that we can be beaten easily. As Neville said, Poch needs 3 years to sweep the place clean with a large broom. All the dead wood has not been cleared out by half.
IMO we signed Vorm because a deal has already been done to sell Lloris in January, why else would a keeper of Vorm's class have come to us ? Well we need to carry on from the back forwards.Naughton Kaboul Cherices JVT ( if he doesn't show more desire to play for us) Rose Davies Lennon Chadli Capoui Lamella Soldado Adebayor all need to step up and quickly, however I doubt that they will. Until we get shot of that lot there is nothing to build on for the future, and we will suffer years of mid table mediocrity. G Neville is spot on with his analysis of our problem. And I think Poch knows it. Question is will Levy do anything about it. Were any of the players we signed in August those who Poch really wanted ? Will he get who he wants in January ? Lastly Levy really must not sack Poch if this season is a write off, simply to save his own arse yet again. He MUST resign first of all.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 04:42:11 PM »

Unfortunately Paul I think we have to face the fact that the main reason there is no plan B is because we have a squad of average players at best, no match winner to bring on, or commanding figure to steady the defence, no flair player to liven up the attack. And worst of all, there is no backbone to the team, after Newcastle scored their first, our below par captain admitted that he thought we were going to lose the game.

That is why Pochettino needs time to bring his own players to the club. The majority of the team was brought in by the previous regimes. 
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 04:54:02 PM »
Yes spot on m8 ....seriously guys where do we go from here? Sick and tired of hearing "its a working progress!!! Its been like this for years, when we got it right with Harry made real progress it was not good enough,so we try the young manager aproach and look us now!, a distant memory of that team and that had quality, experience and was a team that played as a team and had some balls!, Newcastle fire a couple of shots at us and were throw in the towl, rubbish not worthy of wearing the lilly white shirt, there an a embarasment to the club abd the fans.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 07:26:10 PM »
Yes spot on m8 ....seriously guys where do we go from here? Sick and tired of hearing "its a working progress!!! Its been like this for years, when we got it right with Harry made real progress it was not good enough,so we try the young manager aproach and look us now!, a distant memory of that team and that had quality, experience and was a team that played as a team and had some balls!, Newcastle fire a couple of shots at us and were throw in the towl, rubbish not worthy of wearing the lilly white shirt, there an a embarasment to the club abd the fans.

Where we go is that we give Pochettino a chance and get some new players in.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Spursx

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 07:38:03 PM »
The first half I was optimistic. I thought, we’ve finally arrived. Then the second half came and the depression set in. Terrible. According to our manager, we weren’t mentally prepared. He can say that game.  If we continue the way we are going, we will gradually sink to the bottom. With West Ham, Southampton, Swansea, Hull all above us, it is a disgrace.  At the start of the season we are were talking about a top 4 spot. Now relegation is a more realistic possibility.