SpursNetwork

Hell will freeze over before I join Spurs

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Hell will freeze over before I join Spurs
« on: October 21, 2014, 04:46:00 PM »
Hell might freeze over, but it won’t be us that freezes in that hell; Ars*nal’s Lukas Podolski on Spurs.
   There has been rumours that we might want Ars*nal reject Lukas Podolski (who?). It seems he has been struggling to get into the Ars*nal first team. That is because his manager doesn’t think highly of him. He’s 29 and on the slippery slope to being an over-aged has-been. So why would we want him? The German forward is in decline so he thinks Twitter is his answer; he went on twitter and said, “Hell will freeze over before this transfer would happen.” Well, he is playing for Ars*nal so he obviously knows all about hell freezing over.
   Lukas Podolski, who has been at Ars*nal for just over two years, hasn’t played a single league game this season. The best he has achieved this season was being part of his teams defeat at the hands of Southampton in the Capital One Cup. Podolski was quoted as saying that he was “not happy with his current situation at Ars*nal.” That is because he is not good enough. And we certainly don’t want him.

This is his record:
Years   Team   Apps†   (Gls)†
2003   1. FC Köln II
2   (0)
2003–2006   1. FC Köln
81   (46)
2006–2009   Bayern Munich
71   (15)
2007–2008   Bayern Munich II
2   (0)
2009–2012   1. FC Köln
88   (33)
2012–   Ars*nal
56   (19)

As you will see by his record, he has been no longer at any club than just over 2 years. His goal tally has been in decline since leaving FC Koln. His record at Ars*nal – scoring goals – since joining them has been only 19. Better goal scorers have joined and his ranking has been dwindling. Therefore, hell has been freezing over, but for him at Ars*nal. It might have been wiser if he thought before shouting his mouth off. He supposed to have said “Once a gunner, always a gunner”. It is a bit like boasting that you’ve got the pox, but don’t want to get rid of it. So let us all watch with interest to where his next freezing hell will be, shall we folks?

COYS

I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Hell will freeze over before I join Spurs
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 05:10:21 PM »
To be fair on him, his goal-scoring record has suffered because he hasn't been played as a striker, but on the left wing instead. Nevertheless, I wouldn't want him. Not because he's an Ars*nal player, but because we need someone much better.

Offline Spursx

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 06:13:42 PM »
I haven’t heard about this before,  but if he rubbishes our club and joins he wouldn’t get an easy ride.
At his age do we really want to take a risk? We do need another striker and the two we have got I can’t see them lasting. I don't know why our manager doesn’t use Harry Kane more. He has scored a few goals for us this season so give him a chance.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 07:46:44 PM »
I have been to Ars*nal's ground a few times and it does feel like one is in hell.  Lukas Podolski should get out more and smell the air. He has spent too much time in a damp and dusky places.

He is a mouthy so and so. We do not want him.

Jane x :dance:

Offline Spursx

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 07:51:38 PM »
I have been to Ars*nal's ground a few times and it does feel like one is in hell.  Lukas Podolski should get out more and smell the air. He has spent too much time in a damp and dusky places.

I agree with you Jane. That is on Podolski and Ars*nal's ground.

Offline Jane

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 07:54:55 PM »

I agree with you Jane. That is on Podolski and Ars*nal's ground.

I could not imagine any Spurs supporter disagree  :dance: :hide:

Jane x

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 04:31:16 PM »
To be fair on him, his goal-scoring record has suffered because he hasn't been played as a striker, but on the left wing instead. Nevertheless, I wouldn't want him. Not because he's an Ars*nal player, but because we need someone much better.

After his comments we couldn't really take him now.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Spursx

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 07:12:07 PM »

After his comments we couldn't really take him now.

There are better players out there than going cap in hand to Ars*nal for one of their rejects. And younger.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 10:35:53 PM »
What I have never understood is why foreign players like him for example have taken a dislike to us. Is it part of the training like, all new player have to dislike Spurs? Weird!

Anyway, we do need a striker but not him!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 07:16:37 PM »
What I have never understood is why foreign players like him for example have taken a dislike to us. Is it part of the training like, all new player have to dislike Spurs? Weird!

As soon as you enters the doors of Ars*nal you are brainwashed. Simples!
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Jane

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 07:27:06 PM »

And Manchester United, City, Chelsea and all those other teams. A free mind means being a Spurs supporter :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :hide: :grin:

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 04:53:57 PM »

And Manchester United, City, Chelsea and all those other teams. A free mind means being a Spurs supporter :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :hide: :grin:

Ermmmmm.... that depends on how you look at it :up:
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Jane

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 07:05:50 PM »

Ermmmmm.... that depends on how you look at it :up:

With eyes dear boy, with eyes.

Jane x

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 01:18:04 AM »
I don't really care about his comments, footballers say and do stupid things all the time. What I do care about is would Spurs be getting a player that is better than what we already have? Well probably yes, all in all the only player who plays in a similar role to him which is probably a better player is Eriksen. However, would I want him at Spurs? No, because even though he is better than most of our current players he is still below the level of quality we need if we are going to make significant progress in the league. Until we get a player close to the quality of Bale, VDV, or Modric, then we will only ever move sideways at best and not upwards. The problem is Hell will probably freeze over before I see Spurs challenge for the title. 
Maybe next year...

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 04:47:34 PM »
I don't really care about his comments, footballers say and do stupid things all the time. What I do care about is would Spurs be getting a player that is better than what we already have? Well probably yes, all in all the only player who plays in a similar role to him which is probably a better player is Eriksen. However, would I want him at Spurs? No, because even though he is better than most of our current players he is still below the level of quality we need if we are going to make significant progress in the league. Until we get a player close to the quality of Bale, VDV, or Modric, then we will only ever move sideways at best and not upwards. The problem is Hell will probably freeze over before I see Spurs challenge for the title.

With what we've got at the moment there is no prospects of us winning anything, let alone challenging for the title. As for a top 4 spot :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do