« on: September 27, 2014, 11:56:03 AM »

Ars*nal
____

v
____

Tottenham

Barclays Premier League - 27th Sept - KO 17:30 - Ground: Emirates

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Ars*nal v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 05:04:34 PM »
Starting XI: Lloris; Naughton, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose; Capoue, Mason; Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela; Adebayor
Subs: Vorm, Dier, Fazio, Bentaleb, Lennon, Townsend, Soldado.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 07:14:04 PM »
We're back at the point where I find a draw against Ars*nal to be a good result. I'm afraid Ars*nal will score a late winner, though.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 08:25:29 PM »
We're back at the point where I find a draw against Ars*nal to be a good result. I'm afraid Ars*nal will score a late winner, though.
Okay, they didn't score, but after our first goal we were awfully toothless.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 11:22:49 AM »
      Well what can I say, extremely happy with a draw, BUT, to say our overall performance was good is a million miles from the truth. Now I am not knocking Poch, but I am seriously concerned by not only his team selections but his substitutions, and to read his comments about the game on The Spurs website was also somewhat perplexing, maybe he was watching a different game to the one that I watched.  ??? ???
       At the end of the day we didn't get beaten and that in itself is a result, but I think we are in for a very very long season, I sincerely hope not but.....  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
       Enough said.   :nods: :nods: :nods:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 11:24:28 AM by Paul Finch »
:SN:[font

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 04:10:32 PM »
I was pleased they used Mason, but why didn't they use Soldado and Kane up front? I hope they aren't just saving them for the Europa cup?
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 09:03:07 PM »
Very happy to have got something from the game but lets be realistic where was the constant closing down in there half? Most of the game we allowed Ars*nal to dictate the game, we did catch them on the break but they always looked like a home goal was coming
 We are so far away from them again it hurts me, allowing quality teams that amount of control is not going to win us games and it only serves to put doubt in the players and fans, the players we have are either not good enough, not fit enough or are here to take a ride.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 09:06:19 AM »
      Well what can I say, extremely happy with a draw, BUT, to say our overall performance was good is a million miles from the truth. Now I am not knocking Poch, but I am seriously concerned by not only his team selections but his substitutions, and to read his comments about the game on The Spurs website was also somewhat perplexing, maybe he was watching a different game to the one that I watched.  ??? ???
       At the end of the day we didn't get beaten and that in itself is a result, but I think we are in for a very very long season, I sincerely hope not but.....  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Agreed. I think the Ars*nal of old would have stuck 4 or 5 past us in the 2nd half. Apart from a good goal, we were clueless. Lamela gave the ball away countless times, and apart from another telling pass for a similar goal to Kanes last Wednesday, he did not much. Adebayor was clueless and where were Kane & Soldado ?? Surely Soldado's goal in midweek meant something.
On the plus side, Kaboul looked much better, and together with JVT looked to be slowly improving as a CB pairing, apart from the goal.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 11:44:01 AM »

Agreed. I think the Ars*nal of old would have stuck 4 or 5 past us in the 2nd half. Apart from a good goal, we were clueless. Lamela gave the ball away countless times, and apart from another telling pass for a similar goal to Kanes last Wednesday, he did not much. Adebayor was clueless and where were Kane & Soldado ?? Surely Soldado's goal in midweek meant something.
On the plus side, Kaboul looked much better, and together with JVT looked to be slowly improving as a CB pairing, apart from the goal.

To be fair to Ade, we spent so much time defending, when we did get possession, it was just a hopeful hoof up the ground hoping that it would find Ade, but guess what? he had no support so it came straight back, I am sick to death of us playing a lone striker, IT DOESN"T WORK, unless our midfield supports him, and at the moment the midfield ain't doing its job. END OF.......... :( :( :( Why buy a player like Stambouli and not play him in the PL, just amazes me. :( :( :( :(
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 11:47:08 AM by Paul Finch »
:SN:[font

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 01:04:20 PM »
From what Ive seen from Stamboli is he is another defensive midfielder which we have plenty already, he looks average at best and so ďoes not give uś any better than we already have !, I agree that playing one up front is jus ridiculous and Avbs ghost is still in the team, when Tim took charge we started to play attractive football again and created chances and scored goals but now we are again tootless, no fight and attroaches technicaly, some of you out there will say give ot time but when we start getting beat by bottom enders and smashed by Chelsea and City then ir will be to late!, this season is already miroring last season, I listern to the manager saying we are going to play like this and that (are you AVB) seriously!, the crop of midfield players we have dont have the pace and skill to play that way! they only know how to lose the ball, run into trouble instead of space and cant pass a decent ball if it wasneeded to save their life!.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 08:15:57 PM »
Hi everybody. Sorry I have not been on for a while but I have been very busy with work. I went to the match on Saturday and thought we were lucky. I think it is time our manager changed his approach and put two strikers up front otherwise we will not get that far this season. I was pleased that Mason played, but why was not Kane there? Or was he rested for the Europa match?

Take care everybody.

Jane :dance:

Offline RSS61

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 10:03:03 AM »
Hi everybody. Sorry I have not been on for a while but I have been very busy with work. I went to the match on Saturday and thought we were lucky. I think it is time our manager changed his approach and put two strikers up front otherwise we will not get that far this season. I was pleased that Mason played, but why was not Kane there? Or was he rested for the Europa match?

Take care everybody.

Yes I agree, however the argument against 2 upfront seems to be that the midfield will get overrun. Well my answer to that one is to get better midfielders, as ours clearly are not good enough. We have too much quantity, not enough quality in midfield.

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 11:58:21 AM »
I would agree with pretty much everything said here .One thing that i noticed on saturday though was that when we pressed them they couldn`t handle it .The goal came from us pressing them .Jamie redknapp was absolutely right when he said that spurs don`t have the players at the momenmt who are willing to do that .Until players like adeybaore and chadli are willing to do it we will struggle .
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline RSS61

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2014, 12:24:32 PM »
One big positive from the last 2 games is Ryan Mason. Its a testament to Pochettino that he had the courage to play him in this game for his prem debut. Its what I like so far about the manager, he's not afraid to try people out who have presumably been impressing in training.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2014, 05:17:55 PM »

Take care everybody.

Yes I agree, however the argument against 2 upfront seems to be that the midfield will get overrun. Well my answer to that one is to get better midfielders, as ours clearly are not good enough. We have too much quantity, not enough quality in midfield.

Yes, but when it is two up front you get goals.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.