SpursNetwork

Bale to return to WHL

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
  • Season Ticket: No
Bale to return to WHL
« on: September 20, 2014, 05:25:43 AM »
Apparently Bale has said that he still loves Spurs and could possibly return after his Real Madrid adventure. I think this shows that he did handle himself with dignity during the whole transfer saga and in so doing allowed our club to get the most they could from the transfer and left the door open to a return in the future. I hope that this is true and if it is, to put the icing on the cake he sees out his contract at Real and comes to us on a free transfer. Or at least come during his final year for a smaller fee and state that there is only one club he wants to move to. If he does this, he will really become a Spurs legend and the complete opposite of what that ars3hole Campbell did.

I live in hope. :)
Maybe next year...

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
Re: Bale to return to WHL
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 08:03:00 AM »
When he's 34...

Offline dimexi

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 11:07:51 AM »
I think he will be 30 when his contract runs out. So if he came back when he was 29 or 30, there would still be a good few years of him at his best.
Maybe next year...

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 02:18:35 PM »
I think he will be washed out by then and although he may still love Spurs, he will be here for his final pay cheque. Just the same, I would welcome him back, no probs!

Having said that, will we need him then? I mean, with the new stadium and the American dosh!

:nods:

Offline dimexi

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 05:51:49 PM »
I don't think he will be washed out at all. For me the way he plays, his intelligence and his character could see him last into his mid 30s. He may not last as long as Giggs, but has the potential to play in various positions, he could certainly do a Beckham. You could see him move to a more central role as his pace lessens. Will we need him then. Yes! Even if we have other quality players (pipe dreams still I'm afraid) a player of his quality could find his way into any side in the world.
Maybe next year...

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 07:24:25 PM »
No doubt when his best has gone then he would be happy to play for a lower team.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline dimexi

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 05:12:25 AM »
Bale playing at 80% of his current level is still better than any player in our present squad.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 05:14:37 AM by dimexi »
Maybe next year...

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 07:30:15 AM »
Pointless conversation really. Our current problems are more relevant than whether we may or may not get back a player who is clearly far too good for our club in its present state.

Offline dimexi

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 10:48:37 AM »
Pointless conversation really. Our current problems are more relevant than whether we may or may not get back a player who is clearly far too good for our club in its present state.

It isn't really pointless. First of all it was in response to comments he apparently made. We have an ex player, playing at the top of his game, in one of the best teams in the world, who still acknowledges his affection and partial allegiance to our side and his view that he would like to return one day. I also think that it is relevant because since he left we have no one anywhere near his quality (as you pointed out). If you think it is a pointless discussion, don't join it, that is your choice or start a thread which you think does have a point.
Maybe next year...

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 08:20:26 PM »
That would be good if he did come back to Spurs. I enjoyed watching him at Spurs and he scored some brilliant goals. I do not agree with the poster above that we will get the dregs if he comes back.

Jane  :dance:

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 05:22:12 PM »
That would be good if he did come back to Spurs. I enjoyed watching him at Spurs and he scored some brilliant goals. I do not agree with the poster above that we will get the dregs if he comes back.

That would depend on why he came back and why he was disregarded by the club he was playing at.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline dimexi

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 12:24:44 PM »

That would depend on why he came back and why he was disregarded by the club he was playing at.

That is assuming that he would be disregarded, rather than him just seeing out his contract. Even if they decide to sell it does not mean he would be disregarded, it just might be the right time to get a different kind of player in for the level they are playing at. Even if we assume that they didn't think he was up to the standard they require, like I said previously, he would probably still be better than any player we had or will have in the future.
Maybe next year...

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 04:49:13 PM »

That is assuming that he would be disregarded, rather than him just seeing out his contract. Even if they decide to sell it does not mean he would be disregarded, it just might be the right time to get a different kind of player in for the level they are playing at. Even if we assume that they didn't think he was up to the standard they require, like I said previously, he would probably still be better than any player we had or will have in the future.

Possible, but whatever way we look at it, it will be in the future.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline dimexi

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 06:52:21 PM »

Possible, but whatever way we look at it, it will be in the future.

Agreed, but therein lies the issue. The fact that I am contemplating a future where Bale returns to us, even as less than the player he is now, highlights just how far we have fallen. It seems that our best chance of having a really top quality player would only happen if an ex-players feelings and memories come into play. Without that we have little to no chance to having anyone that good in the foreseeable future.
Maybe next year...

Offline Spursx

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 07:54:55 PM »
I suppose I can’t blame Bale for leaving us, but I don’t know if I want him back. We have to move on and look forward, not backwards. But saying that if he did come back then he would want to come back to a team that is challenging for the title and I can’t see Spurs doing that for a number of years, which I am sad to say.