SpursNetwork

Tottenham v West Brom

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Tottenham v West Brom
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2014, 04:27:40 PM »
Interesting to see the mix of views on Adebayor. I am amazed that so many of you rate him. I would put him on a par with the great Emile Heskey. Not sure who spent more time falling over out of the two but how can you guys want to see Adebayor carry on up front? The guy doesn't score!!!!!!

Because, there are those of us who think that the reason he does not score is because of the way the whole team attack, the poor crosses into the box, the non-existent quality balls forward from the central areas, the lack of support when he does receive the ball, the slow pace of the counter attack, the fact that although he has nothing to work with he is actually trying harder than most on the pitch, the fact that last year he scored 11 goals and had 4 assists in 25 games, in 2011/12 he scored 17 goals and had 11 assists in 33 games (2012.13 not so good) but then Soldado only scored 6 in 28, therefore he is more effective than Soldado at the moment. No one is saying to not buy another striker, we are just not blaming Ade for our current problems!

Maybe he should think of using two up front. It wasn't until Kane and Mason came on that we scored. At least he is willing to change the formation.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2014, 08:00:16 AM »
Interesting to see the mix of views on Adebayor. I am amazed that so many of you rate him. I would put him on a par with the great Emile Heskey. Not sure who spent more time falling over out of the two but how can you guys want to see Adebayor carry on up front? The guy doesn't score!!!!!!

Because, there are those of us who think that the reason he does not score is because of the way the whole team attack, the poor crosses into the box, the non-existent quality balls forward from the central areas, the lack of support when he does receive the ball, the slow pace of the counter attack, the fact that although he has nothing to work with he is actually trying harder than most on the pitch, the fact that last year he scored 11 goals and had 4 assists in 25 games, in 2011/12 he scored 17 goals and had 11 assists in 33 games (2012.13 not so good) but then Soldado only scored 6 in 28, therefore he is more effective than Soldado at the moment. No one is saying to not buy another striker, we are just not blaming Ade for our current problems!

Maybe he should think of using two up front. It wasn't until Kane and Mason came on that we scored. At least he is willing to change the formation.

Maybe he should think about going 3-5-2 on Saturday, as the midfield battle is going to decide how we do I think ?

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2014, 04:04:36 PM »

Maybe he should think about going 3-5-2 on Saturday, as the midfield battle is going to decide how we do I think ?

That is one possibility. What is for sure is that Soldado needs a partner up front with him. I also think he should start with Ryan Mason.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2014, 02:13:00 AM »
        Personally I think we should try and flood the midfield(3-5-2) because if the Arse--- start to dominate the midfield, then I think we will get absolutely smashed because that is their strength, nullify their midfield and in my opinion you then nullify Arse---.  :up: :up: I think a lot depends on the Team that Poch selects. :nods: :nods: :nods:
:SN:[font

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2014, 08:26:51 PM »
        Personally I think we should try and flood the midfield(3-5-2) because if the Arse--- start to dominate the midfield, then I think we will get absolutely smashed because that is their strength, nullify their midfield and in my opinion you then nullify Arse---.  :up: :up: I think a lot depends on the Team that Poch selects. :nods: :nods: :nods:

What the match showed us on Saturday is that we do need two up front. I thought we were lucky, very. Next we have got two home games then the big one, Manchester city.

Jane  :dance:

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2014, 05:18:53 PM »

What the match showed us on Saturday is that we do need two up front. I thought we were lucky, very. Next we have got two home games then the big one, Manchester city.

Whatever we need we need to sort it out quickly.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2014, 11:29:40 AM »

Ain't that stating 'THE BLOODY OBVIOUS'   :ohyeah: :ohyeah:
:SN:[font

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2014, 04:49:48 PM »

Ain't that stating 'THE BLOODY OBVIOUS'   :ohyeah: :ohyeah:

Yes. :up:
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Spursx

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2014, 07:51:12 PM »
Like all the home games I went to this match and I was very disappointed. What went wrong? I believe we had quite a bit of the possession but we just couldn’t get our act together. I did say in an earlier piece on here that we do need time to fully judge so I shall put this match down to an early slip up. I do agree with one of the writers on here when they said that the other results went our way. That the other significant teams lost. But we can’t always rely nor should we rely on other teams for our progress up the ladder.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2014, 11:15:44 PM »
We have been discussing Two up front on this Forum for ages. When AVB, Sherwood were around and now with MO. Obviously, they don't think it's the right way, only us

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2014, 01:13:16 PM »
We have been discussing Two up front on this Forum for ages. When AVB, Sherwood were around and now with MO. Obviously, they don't think it's the right way, only us

And we have no power. We buy the tickets and then we are supposed to shut up.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do