« on: September 19, 2014, 05:29:16 PM »

Tottenham
____

v
____

West Brom

Barclays Premier League - 21st Sept  - KO 13:30 - Ground: White Hart Lane

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline a12 warrior

• Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Tottenham v West Brom
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 01:30:24 PM »
Not much to get excited about only to say that 3 points must be taken anything less will be a disgrace!!!

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 02:21:24 PM »
3 goals & 3 points. Nothing  less!  :up:

+ Ars*nal to lose 2 -1 at Villa. What a week-end hey!  :dance:

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 03:07:16 PM »
It's unbelievable how crap we are.

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 04:22:37 PM »
What the hell was that? Seriously, anybody who tries to come on here and tell me how they saw some positives in that performance, must be smoking something funny. It is just so boring to watch. There is no spark, no quality and I cannot see it changing any time soon. Yes, you could say that the build up play was okay, but that means nothing, West Brom were happy to let us have the ball when we are that far away from a threat. We were reduced to playing long balls forward to no one in particular. That was on the odd occasion when they could actually get the ball past the player in front of them. We look like a mid table side at best, so any talk of top 4 is a joke. NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

I would rather be a Man U supporter today, they may have lost, but at least that know how to attack, Di Maria's goal was pure quality. They will end up in 5th spot due to their poor defence, but we won't even be 6th. I thought we were awful against Liverpool, but put it down to them being a much better side than us. Unfortunately it is worse than that, no side will fear coming to play at WHL this year.

I don't blame Pochettino, yet. But he does not look very happy right now. Levy to go first, it is ultimately all his fault and can be traced back to a number of ridiculous decisions he has made and never recovered from.

:tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 04:51:49 PM by dimexi »
Maybe next year...

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 04:31:29 PM »
What the hell was that? Seriously, anybody who tries to come on here and tell me how they saw some positives in that performance, must be smoking something funny. It is just so boring to watch. There is no spark, no quality and I cannot see it changing any time soon. Yes, you could say that the build up play was okay, but that means nothing, West Brom were happy to let us have the ball when we are that far away from a threat. We were reduced to playing long ball forward to no one in particular. That was on the odd occasion when they could actually get the ball past the player in front of them. We look like a mid table side at best, so any talk of top 4 is a joke. NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

I would rather be a Man U supporter today, they may have lost, but at least that know how to attack, Di Maria's goal was pure quality. They will end up in 5th spot due to their poor defence, but will won't even be 6th. I thought we were awful against Liverpool, but put it down to them being a much better side than us. Unfortunately it is worse than that, no side will fear coming to play at WHL this year.

I don't blame Pochettino, yet. But he does not look very happy right now. Levy to go first, it is ultimately all his fault and can be traced back to a number of ridiculous decisions he has made and never recovered from.

:tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
I couldn't agree more. Also, ship that turd Soldado out with Levy. Useless muppets the lot...

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 11:37:32 PM »
Just watch the highlights on MOTD. New manager, same old, same old crap! No ambition, no class.

Will it ever change?

:tickedoff:

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 07:25:26 AM »
Just watch the highlights on MOTD. New manager, same old, same old crap! No ambition, no class.

Will it ever change?

:tickedoff:

We are saddled with a squad of average players, all of whom would not make Ars*nals 2nd team. Levy & Baldini wasted the Bale money. They refuse to accept that it is pointless to bring in any new manager, from Redknap, AVB, Sherwood and now Pochettino, and expect them to work miracles with a bunch of players who not only lack the talent required to get into top 4, but the desire and pride to be able to beat what was the bottom side in the table.
As pointed out, same s**t, different day.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 02:19:12 PM »
        How is it that Fazio, Davies and Stambouli couldn't even make the bench, and Vertonghen sat on the bench, don't anyone tell me its because they played Thurs, Kaboul crap, Chiriches just not good enough, yes WBA parked the bus, and yet again we had no idea how to break them down, ONE, yes ONE shot on target in ninety minutes, and that was from a substitute who entered the fray in the 61st minute(Soldado), is just not acceptable in my book, you can't blame Ade or Soldado, they just didn't get any service because the midfield was non-existent and please don't anyone dare say that we had all the possession, possession doesn't win games, GOALS WIN GAMES!  :nods: :nods: If we play that way against the Arse... be prepared for another thrashing.  :( :( :(
:SN:[font

Offline a12 warrior

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 03:49:31 PM »
Like everyone else the result was shocking, last season I sat at WHL bored while players passed the ball sideways backwards, forward but then backwards!! At a snails pace.
And so far this season with a new manager have been treated to the same type of play.
We have no leader on the pitch to make Kaboul captain is a joke but then you look at the rest of them and you cannot see a leader anywhere, the body language of the players open palms when they had the ball as if to say what do I do with it now!
We need to give the manager time but it is not looking good and next Saturday will be carnage if we show the same commitment on the park, who do we have that can give us that spark?
Right now I don't know, we never looked like scoring Sunday our first meaningful shot on target came after 74 mins says it all.
The empty seats around the lane tell the story 4 years ago the place was sold out every game the fans are getting fed up with paying top prices to watch second rate football.
I am a Spurs supporter and always will be but with what we have at the moment player wise mid table mediocrasy is all we can hope for this season at least :-[

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 04:57:07 PM »
Like everyone else the result was shocking, last season I sat at WHL bored while players passed the ball sideways backwards, forward but then backwards!! At a snails pace.
And so far this season with a new manager have been treated to the same type of play.
We have no leader on the pitch to make Kaboul captain is a joke but then you look at the rest of them and you cannot see a leader anywhere, the body language of the players open palms when they had the ball as if to say what do I do with it now!
We need to give the manager time but it is not looking good and next Saturday will be carnage if we show the same commitment on the park, who do we have that can give us that spark?
Right now I don't know, we never looked like scoring Sunday our first meaningful shot on target came after 74 mins says it all.

The empty seats around the lane tell the story 4 years ago the place was sold out every game the fans are getting fed up with paying top prices to watch second rate football.
I am a Spurs supporter and always will be but with what we have at the moment player wise mid table mediocrasy is all we can hope for this season at least :-[

Yes and if we don't do something about it, filling up the supposed new 400 million pound stadium will be near impossible.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 05:05:21 PM »
Before the match I said to the person I was sitting next to “if we can’t beat them then we might as well go home”. Poor result. We should have done a lot better. I agree with the above comments; why didn’t “Fazio, Davies and Stambouli” play? We bought them to strength our defence, not just play in the Europa league. The only good thing that came out of the weekend was that Liverpool, United, Everton lost and Chelsea and City drew. We are 9th, 6 points behind Chelsea (the leaders). So at least we are not falling behind and that there are no outstanding teams in the Premier league (the closest is Chelsea & City). Pochettino needs to sort out the team quickly before we fall too far behind.   It is not impossible to still try for a 4th spot. However, it has become a lot harder.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline a12 warrior

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 09:33:56 PM »
Voice I admire your loyalty but if you think the players we have will make the top 4 I am afraid you are in for a let down.
The squad we have are nothing more than average and yes we will win a few games but against the top quality teams our chances are remote.
I really hope I am wrong and you are right we will see how we fare Saturday!!!

Offline Badger501

• Hero: George Best
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 02:47:53 AM »
Does anyone agree that we need to spend some MONEY!!! But we need to spend it on some top quality strikers. I cannot believe that the decision makers think we can do anything with Adebayor, Soldado and Kane as our strike force. Like everyone else I am really sick of watching us play crab football. Spurs fans would rather see us lose 4-3 and go down fighting than watch the boring crap we play these days. Our great teams of the past knew how to play breakaway football. Now all we get is five minutes of buggering about and then turnover possession. Lewis and Levy think they can get results at the top level without spending. (if you add up what we spent last two seasons versus what we sold you'll see we actually took money, not a penny spent net). I say Lewis out, Levy out and lets have some owners who don't expect top drawer results for no money. And please please please can we get rid of that useless lump Adebayor!!

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 11:26:03 AM »
Post by Badger501 "And please please please can we get rid of that useless lump Adebayor!!"

Badger how the hell can you blame Adebayor for Sundays DEBACLE, Strikers can only do their job(That is scoring GOALS) if they are given DECENT SERVICE and unfortunately on Sunday our MIDFIELD failed to DELIVER. Adebayor, to his credit, never STOPS, working, running and trying to give his team-mates opportunities. I would suggest you look at our CENTRAL DEFENDERS, because therein lies the problem, before you start to level the blame on Adebayor. This is of course is only "My Considered Opinion".  :hide: :hide: :hide:
:SN:[font