« on: August 31, 2014, 05:41:45 AM »

Tottenham
____

v
____

Liverpool

Barclays Premier League - 31st Aug  - KO 13:30 - Ground: White Hart Lane

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Tottenham v Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 06:11:44 PM »
We just wasn't at the races today, once we play a decent side we just don't turn up.
Big wake up call.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 10:27:44 PM »
First real test and wallop!

Gutted!

>:(

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 05:33:29 AM »
I was at a funeral yesterday and therefore missed the match. Anyway, the moment I found out the score, I found the funeral to be a rather happy affair.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 08:20:56 AM »
Same old sorry Spurs. Defence a shambles, midfield steamrollered away, rubbish up front. Another mediocre season beckons unless we can bring in some new players, though from where I have no idea. We have to accept that by and large we have the same pool of players who were abysmal last season, and it is unreasonable to expect Pochettino, or any other manager to work miracles. Would Mourinho put up with our squad ? I doubt it.

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 09:24:39 AM »
I went into this game with a sense of wary optimism. I thought that this would be a real test...and it was...and we failed terribly. RSS61 you are bang on the money. There are too many areas that need sorting to make a real drive for the top 4. That is not to say that we are that far away. I think we have the quality to beat most of the teams below us, but once we hit quality, our lack of quality is clear to see.

Rose Rose Rose Rose Rose, will you ever learn? He can't cross, can't pass, can't tackle and the only position he knows comes from the Karma Sutra. Not good enough, want to give him a chance and hoped Poch' would get him on track. But he is not even close. Let Davies come in and don't play him unless we have to.

Most of our defensive problems came from the midfield in front of them. I didn't know Bentalab was playing until he was taken off! I had to see that the other player was Capoue after the game (I was watching it in a pub and missed the line up and the commentary was in Chinese, so that may also be a factor, but still!) There is not a Sandro/Parker type player to dominate the middle of the park, break up the play and drive the team back onto the attack with a simple pass to a player who can make something happen. Our passing was terrible, we couldn't keep the ball and our positioning was all over the place. (Frankly we looked like England)

The number of times we made runs down the wings, ending up either as going back to the defence, or if a cross did come in it was to no one in particular or went into the stands.

Up front Ade was trying hard bless him but he was isolated, when he did get the ball he was surrounded by 3 players and there was no one else to pass to.

We had 7 corners, not one of them caused any danger.

The other day I was feeling positive, now I am squarely back in the let'shopewemakesomemiraclesigningsorelsewewillendup7th camp!
Maybe next year...

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 04:15:12 PM »
We just wasn't at the races today, once we play a decent side we just don't turn up.
Big wake up call.

I disagree (slightly). I thought that after the first goal went in we played well and managed to contain them in the first half. The second half I expected more, but got less. What we needed, and the problem we had last year, was for our loan striker to bed fed; he wasn’t. We also need another striker and probably a creative midfielder. Don’t forget that Ade will be off when January comes to play in the African cup. If things stay as they are we will only have two strikers and if we get injuries we are in trouble. I must say I was impressed with Liverpool; more so than last year.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 09:05:02 AM »
Big wake up call.

I disagree (slightly). I thought that after the first goal went in we played well and managed to contain them in the first half. The second half I expected more, but got less. What we needed, and the problem we had last year, was for our loan striker to bed fed; he wasn’t. We also need another striker and probably a creative midfielder. Don’t forget that Ade will be off when January comes to play in the African cup. If things stay as they are we will only have two strikers and if we get injuries we are in trouble. I must say I was impressed with Liverpool; more so than last year.

Agreed about the striker, we desperately needed one, its a bummer to see Ars*nal nick Welbeck from under our noses, not that I am 100% convinced by him. Against Liverpool, our DM and back 4 were crap. Hopefully we are addressing that problem now. We lack pace and width going forwards, lets hope Lennon/Townsend will prove their doubters wrong by January, or it will be goodbye to them I think. Liverpool have brought in a couple or three class players, Lovren & Moreno do look the nuts.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 04:30:08 PM »
Big wake up call.

Agreed about the striker, we desperately needed one, its a bummer to see Ars*nal nick Welbeck from under our noses, not that I am 100% convinced by him. Against Liverpool, our DM and back 4 were crap. Hopefully we are addressing that problem now. We lack pace and width going forwards, lets hope Lennon/Townsend will prove their doubters wrong by January, or it will be goodbye to them I think. Liverpool have brought in a couple or three class players, Lovren & Moreno do look the nuts.

All we've got to hope for now is that Pochettino works his magic on the players we've got.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 08:39:06 PM »
The main problem that stands out a mile is we cant handle teams with pace! , Liverpool remind me of us when we had Bale, lightning winger (Sterling) give him the ball and he tears any defence apart, Baloteli was fantastic we just could not cope with his physical presence and then they had sturridge, there front three drove at goal everytime they got the ball, we never got near them in midfield and allowed them to dictate the game, :-[, we should have scored two goals but then Pool could have had 6 or 7!!!! Yet again to many high class players where not good enough, when we did get the ball we never seemed to know what to do with it!!!, I am truely gutted as I really thought we had tightened up the leaks but as so many have said as soon as we play a big club we bottle it,it is games like this where we need Bale, someone in our team that scares the life out of other teams but we let him go!!!.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline a12 warrior

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 10:13:46 AM »
Against QPR we looked good
Reason They were so poor and offered nothing, when you come up against quality sides with really good (proven)players that Liverpool have it shows what you have.
At the moment Spurs have a group of average players with no leader on the pitch and before anyone starts posting about who's quality and who's not take a look at where we got them from! Adebyour was a quality player but now lives on his past reputation.
The additions Spurs have made this season are not quality players they again are just very average
From my perspective until Spurs invest in quality to enable us to challenge and break into the top 4 get top class European football it will be same s**t different day! :nope:

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 05:06:01 AM »
Reason They were so poor and offered nothing, when you come up against quality sides with really good (proven)players that Liverpool have it shows what you have.
At the moment Spurs have a group of average players with no leader on the pitch and before anyone starts posting about who's quality and who's not take a look at where we got them from! Adebyour was a quality player but now lives on his past reputation.
The additions Spurs have made this season are not quality players they again are just very average
From my perspective until Spurs invest in quality to enable us to challenge and break into the top 4 get top class European football it will be same s**t different day! :nope:

I couldn't agree more a12, Although, as I have said before it isn't necessarily about going out and spending 50 million on one player, it is about getting the right player.
Maybe next year...

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2014, 09:06:56 PM »

Well, I don't agree with this at all. I believe that we have added quality players with bags of promise. This added to the ones we bought last year, has made us a much better outfit. I just hope that Pochetino names the right player as captain. ie: Vertonghen and gets the best out of everyone.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2014, 04:17:39 PM »
Pochettino bought players to strengthen his defence (which was needed against Liverpool). Once we can do that we might have a robust team. I have often stated that we needed another striker. However, an extra striker would not have solved our problem until we can get the ball from the midfield to that striker. I am looking forward to see what changes he has done when we face Sunderland.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do