SpursNetwork

AEL Limassol v Tottenham

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
AEL Limassol v Tottenham
« on: August 22, 2014, 05:31:06 AM »
A good 2:1 away win for us. It was great to see Lamela change the game and both Soldado and Kane scoring.

Our line-up: Lloris (C), Naughton, Dier, Vertonghen, Davies, Bentaleb, Paulinho (off 59'), Holtby (off 66'), Townsend (off 72'), Kane, Soldado
Subs: Friedel, Rose, Lamela (on 72'), Dembélé (on 66'), Dawson, Chadli (on 59'), Sandro
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 05:34:57 AM by RiffHard »

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
Re: AEL Limassol v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 06:37:07 PM »
Yes it was a good result in the end, our World cup boys looked sluggish, Paulinho is struggling for form, Townsend tried his heart out, Dier looks a brilliant signing, my only complaint is we held onto the ball to long at times and got caught in possesion, its nice to see us playing to the final whistle and not giving up when things are not going are way, we hung in there and to be fair Limassol played to good football and attacked with lightning speed, they where tidy in control and had it not been for Lloris and some stout defending we may have lost that game.
The real plus was Lamela coming on and show some of his quality, he made both our goals so yet again Pochittino got it right with his subs. :)
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 09:52:22 PM »
We just beat a good pub side and we should have won by at least 3 clear goals and kept a clean sheet. Let's not get too carried away!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 04:05:53 PM »
We just beat a good pub side and we should have won by at least 3 clear goals and kept a clean sheet. Let's not get too carried away!

I agree with you, but the substitutes changed it around. That we must thank our manager for.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.