« on: April 12, 2014, 02:34:44 PM »

West Brom
____

v
____

Tottenham

Barclays Premier League - 12th April - KO 15:07 - Ground: The Hawthorns

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: West Brom v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 03:18:19 PM »
Cracking start wtf is with our defending, surely we wont get smashed by West Brom.... will we?
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 06:21:16 PM »
We dominated the second half it was like a totally different team turned out, the team played well and awesome to come back from 3 goals down to get a draw, earlier in the season this would not have happened!

Our defense is awful though, good to see Kane get on the score sheet.

Good result considering we were 2 down after 4 minutes!

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 09:37:53 PM »
I didn`t see any of the game but i`ve sky + it .Like i said after the sunderland game , a better team would have beaten us .You can`t give decent teams a two goal start after 4 minutes.
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 10:13:59 AM »
Sure we came back to draw which was great for our point of view!, but lets not get carried away!, yes we played so good stuff second half , dominated the game and in all honesty had Ade put the pen away we could have won it!b but if you analise the game a bit deeper we continue to shoot are selves on the foot every game playing a high defensive line and having defenders who DO NOT HOLD THERE POSITION!, Rose gets caught up the pitch leaving gaping holes on our back flank, he also goes charging in instead of holding off and ushering the offencer away from the goal, this leads to him getting skinned way to ofton, Kaboul!!! bloody hell what on earth is he doing playing in a left wing position!, he is a CB!!! he flicked a ball back to goal BLIND!!! which cost us a goal!, had he been where he should have been then he would have been there as extra cover for Chriches or the danger wouldnt even have been there as he would not have been out of position to head the ball back!, Chriches who alot of you on here rate, was shocking for the second game in row, after his howler against Sunderland you would think he would be fired up to put in a great performance! the truth could not be further from this!!!, his body lauguage from the start was lack luster, hardly looked interested, very sluggish and not interrested!!!, beaten far to easy and taken off at half time and rightly so!, Naughton another defender getting caught out way to high up the pitch, not good enough!.
I will give credit to West Brom, they got at us from the start and exploited the high line and our poor defence and went two up early on and continued to look dangerous all the first half!, then when the 3rd howler from Kaboul led to us being 3 down after a little over half hour our shambles back four was complete, we did manage to get a goal back by luck more than anything else which was a lucky break for us going in  HT at 3-1 down!, Tim made the change and this helped and we started to play football and dominate the game! BUT! this has alot to do with the poor managerial decision of West Brom!, by taking off an attacker and trying to hold onto there lead the mommentum switched to us!, when they did get the ball there attacks where cut out due to the lack of support which was so deadly first half!, as been said before had we been playing another team that had continued to put our defence under pressure we would never had the opputunity to get back into the game!. Dont miss read me Im very glad and pleased we did!, I am just so annoyed that game after game we make the same mistakes in the same area by the same players!, I know we have to attack every game which is fine but why why do we have to continue in playing this suiside high back line? even the bottom teams can make us look awful playing like this!, the space behind them is nothing but shocking and heaven to any opposing team that has players that love to run into it. :-[
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 05:10:33 PM »
For some reason we always have a poor first half and then try to make it up in the second half. Hopefully the new manager will change things around.

If it wasn't for the own goal we would have lost. A sorry state we are in.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 05:32:25 PM »
Sure we came back to draw which was great for our point of view!, but lets not get carried away!, yes we played so good stuff second half , dominated the game and in all honesty had Ade put the pen away we could have won it!b but if you analise the game a bit deeper we continue to shoot are selves on the foot every game playing a high defensive line and having defenders who DO NOT HOLD THERE POSITION!, Rose gets caught up the pitch leaving gaping holes on our back flank, he also goes charging in instead of holding off and ushering the offencer away from the goal, this leads to him getting skinned way to ofton, Kaboul!!! bloody hell what on earth is he doing playing in a left wing position!, he is a CB!!! he flicked a ball back to goal BLIND!!! which cost us a goal!, had he been where he should have been then he would have been there as extra cover for Chriches or the danger wouldnt even have been there as he would not have been out of position to head the ball back!, Chriches who alot of you on here rate, was shocking for the second game in row, after his howler against Sunderland you would think he would be fired up to put in a great performance! the truth could not be further from this!!!, his body lauguage from the start was lack luster, hardly looked interested, very sluggish and not interrested!!!, beaten far to easy and taken off at half time and rightly so!, Naughton another defender getting caught out way to high up the pitch, not good enough!.
I will give credit to West Brom, they got at us from the start and exploited the high line and our poor defence and went two up early on and continued to look dangerous all the first half!, then when the 3rd howler from Kaboul led to us being 3 down after a little over half hour our shambles back four was complete, we did manage to get a goal back by luck more than anything else which was a lucky break for us going in  HT at 3-1 down!, Tim made the change and this helped and we started to play football and dominate the game! BUT! this has alot to do with the poor managerial decision of West Brom!, by taking off an attacker and trying to hold onto there lead the mommentum switched to us!, when they did get the ball there attacks where cut out due to the lack of support which was so deadly first half!, as been said before had we been playing another team that had continued to put our defence under pressure we would never had the opputunity to get back into the game!. Dont miss read me Im very glad and pleased we did!, I am just so annoyed that game after game we make the same mistakes in the same area by the same players!, I know we have to attack every game which is fine but why why do we have to continue in playing this suiside high back line? even the bottom teams can make us look awful playing like this!, the space behind them is nothing but shocking and heaven to any opposing team that has players that love to run into it. :-[

Very well summed up Blackjack, our hole backline needs shaping up or shipping out for me Kaboul, Naughton and Rose just are not good enough.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 08:07:20 AM »

Very well summed up Blackjack, our hole backline needs shaping up or shipping out for me Kaboul, Naughton and Rose just are not good enough.

Absolutely metal, I wonder how much longer we are going to be papering over the cracks in our defence. Lets face it, never mind not replacing Bale, we have never replaced King & Woodgate.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 04:26:53 PM »
Lets face it folks! how many of the big guns play a high line like we do? none!!!, do you see Kompany in the left wing position or standing on the halfway line except for corners? NO, Do you see Vidic, Terry, leaving there position to go flying forward to score goals in open play? No, they hold there position and are constantly rallying the rest of the back four to stay put or stay tight to there markers!, they all have a job and do it!, Our players have a few things on there mind and it isnt Tottenham football club!, its the world cup!, its being the centre of attention so they get noticed by other clubs, we are and have been for a while an a acadamy team for better teams to pick off our best players!!!, at one stage with Harry he fought off Modric leaving, He kept Bale a while longer!, He desperatley tried to keep the neuclues of the team intact!!!, Martin Jol did the same!, but since Harry left, the pressure on the managers to finish in the top 4 is so great that they identify problem areas that are not even a problem!, they bow down to higher authority and allow themselves to be dictated to work with a set up already put in place and not with what they actually took the job on for!!!, thias leads them wide open for critisism when things go pair shaped.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.