SpursNetwork

Redeveloping WHL - a question of groundshare

Offline Shameus

• Hero: Dave Mackay
  • Season Ticket: No
Redeveloping WHL - a question of groundshare
« on: March 04, 2011, 06:03:12 PM »
If the NDP gets back underway as many many of us hope, why not groundshare with Woolich in the meanwhile? It would allow us an immediate 60,000 seat stadium while awaiting the new Lane. And don't forget it wouldn't be the first time as I believe we shared WHL with them during WW2 when Highbury was used as a dump (ha ha) for something or other! :nods:

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
Re: Redeveloping WHL - a question of groundshare
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 07:07:19 PM »
 8D

NO!
COYS!

Offline Shameus

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 08:05:52 PM »
8D

NO!
Come on Dedley it's been done before. I was a staunch Lane stayer (the alternative was the ultimate all time defeat by them). We could do this - think about it - and they would f**king hate it big time!!

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 04:10:27 AM »
Hmmm tricky one.....

We would of course be open to much slatting if that happened from the Goons but we can handle that!

It would involve us paying the Goons rental I guess...... that leaves a bad taste but is fair enough.

Capacity would boost our ticket sales but as short term surley season tickets would not increase???

We would be playing what is classed as our home games with the bloody Gooner Canon and colours everywhere.

It would mean the Yid Army would invade Woolich regulary  8D

Our players would be regulary taking a dump in the home dressing room  :dance:  I would be tempted to leave some floating if it were me!

It would mean WHL being redeveloped and we stay local and in a decent stadium.

I say why not if the deal is right for us then yes!

It would piss them of more than us as when we have our stadium revamped we would go home having used their facilities to our advantage for our purpose of moving forward.

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 08:24:10 AM »
i remember when alll the re development talk first came about.

There was talk about using Wembley or Ground Share with MK Dons

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 10:50:51 AM »
If the NDP gets back underway as many many of us hope, why not groundshare with Woolich in the meanwhile? It would allow us an immediate 60,000 seat stadium while awaiting the new Lane. And don't forget it wouldn't be the first time as I believe we shared WHL with them during WW2 when Highbury was used as a dump (ha ha) for something or other! :nods:

I believed that when the emirates was being built we should have considered a permanent ground share, but it's to late now. I would have had no problem sharing a stadium with them that had never belonged to either club.

It's a strange question now though. If we redevelop WHL or move then there will be no need to ground share unless you really believe we are that desperate for a bigger stadium, which I don't.
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 09:41:48 PM »
8D

NO!
Come on Dedley it's been done before. I was a staunch Lane stayer (the alternative was the ultimate all time defeat by them). We could do this - think about it - and they would f**king hate it big time!!

That maybe true mate, I just really dislike the idea of ground sharing with those gooners. Obviously if it was a last resort then whatever....but I think in my opinion ground sharing WILL be the last resort.
COYS!

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 12:34:47 PM »
What about Wembley? The FA would rental income and will it not be our second home soon  :dance: Interestingly, I just checked with MultiMap and its 11.8 miles (28 minutes) from WHL and guess what, the Olympic Stadium that thankfully we won't be getting is showing as exactly the same in sistance 11.8 miles (but 27 minutes) - interesting thought! Good parking and easy access with good travel links. And we wont be coming out of the tunnel to a red and white stadium if we shared with Woolwich!

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 03:40:25 PM »
I think if you look at the original plans the intention was to build 3/4 of the new ground whilst we still played at the lane. Then move into the unfinished new stadium for a season as the old one was demolished and the remainder of the new completed. It may have been a mess but it meant we didn't have to share with anybody. However should that need arise my preference would be Watford as is not far away has decent transport links and Watford haven't offended anybody in living memory.

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 07:22:21 PM »
But at Wembley (or Emirates - as much as the thoughtsticks in my throat), we could sell the remaining 26000 season tickets, almost doubling gate receipts meaning more wonga for bringing in the more talented players we need if we are to fight at the very top. :dance:

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 07:34:19 PM »
I think Wembley has an agreement with local residents that the stadium will only be used a certain amount of times each year and to have a club playing a regular seasons worth of games would far exceed this arrangement. I think a similar deal is in place at Twickenham and is even more inhibiting to the RFU

Offline Shameus

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 07:37:27 PM »
But at Wembley (or Emirates - as much as the thoughtsticks in my throat), we could sell the remaining 26000 season tickets, almost doubling gate receipts meaning more wonga for bringing in the more talented players we need if we are to fight at the very top. :dance:

Yup. That was my original point. We want to double gate receipts? Do it immediately, not waiting for years til the new ground's built.

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 10:16:38 PM »
Bang on shameus! My point exactly. Seems that it gets us where we want to be quicker than waiting for the new ground to be built.............somewhere :D

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 10:14:18 AM »
What about Wembley? The FA would rental income and will it not be our second home soon  :dance: Interestingly, I just checked with MultiMap and its 11.8 miles (28 minutes) from WHL and guess what, the Olympic Stadium that thankfully we won't be getting is showing as exactly the same in sistance 11.8 miles (but 27 minutes) - interesting thought! Good parking and easy access with good travel links. And we wont be coming out of the tunnel to a red and white stadium if we shared with Woolwich!

Have you been to Wembley it's not exactly the easiest place to get in and out of aka White Hart Lane!!!

Share with the twats down the road no thanks even as a last resort. I rather play on the playing fields in Edmonton.

:tickedoff:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 03:17:48 PM »
Let's go to upton park for a bit, when west ham go to the OS. :-p

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?