King wants Modric saga to end

Ledley King has called for Luka Modric’s future to be resolved as soon as possible as speculation continues that Chelsea are preparing a £40million bid.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp revealed on Sunday night that Modric wanted to be left out of the side that lost 5-1 to Manchester City.

The Croatia international is said to be desperate to join the Blues, who have pursued him throughout the summer.

Spurs insist the 25-year-old is not for sale “at any price” and Chelsea have failed with several bids for the playmaker already.

But ahead of Wednesday’s transfer deadline, reports suggest Andre Villas-Boas is preparing to make yet another bid for Modric.

And King believes the saga should be sorted out once and for all.

“To be honest it’s been going on all of the summer,” King told Sky Sports News.

“It is coming into the last week now, so as players we obviously want him to stay, he’s a great lad, but the sooner it’s done, either way, the better.”

Speaking after the Man City defeat, Redknapp has said of the midfielder: “I’m sure he is getting advised to maybe not play today. We have seen it with other clubs.

“He was OK yesterday morning to play and obviously something happened last night. Who knows what went on.

“Some of the papers today were saying that Chelsea are ready to make a £40million offer.

“While he still sees a chink of light to go to Chelsea, he is probably doing what maybe people are telling him the best way of getting out of here is.”

Did you like this? Share it: